The latest installment of Caron

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I been trashing Caron as much as anyone but Jordan Caron was very good bordering on outstanding last night; and I realize Fluto in the Globe had a nice article on him in todays paper, however, the thing that impressed me was less of Caron's preseason style of running around looking to make hits and more last night of looking to make plays

BE WHAT YOU ARE!!!!! Jordan Caron should never ever fight unless someone spears him in the nuts, elbows him in the head, or tries to take his knees out- they should be all 'fits of rage' fights and not 'I hope they are watching and see how committed I am'....I'll say the same for 'seeking hits'.

Caron has the ability to be a solid long time NHLer if he does three things
1. play solid defense (which he can)
2. control the boards (which he can- and that does not mean bone jarring hits, but keeping the puck active in the offense, and getting it out on defense)
3. take it to the net- he is big, he is a good skater, he has decent hands and shot-certainly he is not wearing mits

I would not be upset if at the end of the night Caron had only a couple of hits- THAT CAME IN THE FLOW OF THE PLAY, not conscious hits to impress....impress by working the wall, and when you get it DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE to the net or pass if someone is so wide open.

One robin don't make a spring, and one game don't make a season....he has it I just think he needs to be more a bull and less a lion.

btw- Tampa is a lock imo for bottom 5 overall- if I am them and Boston wants to move Caron I'd take a shot; he could and SHOULD be a good player

qc

Aug 23, 2011
You all better get back on the Caron wagon soon cause it's gaining steam, *****ez.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
One decent game is not enough for me to get excited. I need to see a consistent effort like he had last night game in and game out over the course of a full year before I buy into it. Would love to see it, even if it means I was wrong about the guy...:laugh:

member 96824

Caron? You mean the guy who hasn't even scored yet?

:sarcasm:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Gotta feel for him on that waived goal, absolutely purtid call by the ref. no question about it

He certainly played the way he needs to in order to stay

Could end up seeing caron kelly soderberg...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm with you Dan. I hope me makes me eat my opine. I hope I'm wrong.

yah I'm cool being wrong myself:laugh: I am quite good at it actually....I agree it may be to little to late, but he has the tools I am not sure he uses them correctly. You don't have to be all things to all people- just be what you are blessed with; one of the hardest things as a human to be since we all want to be perfect and never fail. But Caron can play a simple game to me and just be strong and do those three I think he can (the game against Toronto in 2011-2012 where he grabbed first star with a couple of goals on the road was exactly this type of game- strong on the wall, take it to the net)

as my mother loves to say (learned pre WW II no doubt) 'he or she doesn't know if they are 'on foot or horseback' that is where Caron seems to be to much of the time.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That call was crap.

I feel like he tricks me every year....comes out of the gate on fire and then just....lays an egg.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
If he could remain consistently good at what he does and improve the third line every night out, hey, that's terrific. I just get the feeling it's not gonna happen. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but in the off chance he doesn't, at least we might be able to send him to a team that wants a guy like him for good value....well, HOPEFULLY good value anyway. What kind of pick or player would a guy like Caron be worth these days?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If he can manage to string together a few more games like last night's, Chia should work the phones hard trying to deal him for a 1st. Preferably to a bottom feeder (either team in the sunshine state would do)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I been trashing Caron as much as anyone but Jordan Caron was very good bordering on outstanding last night; and I realize Fluto in the Globe had a nice article on him in todays paper, however, the thing that impressed me was less of Caron's preseason style of running around looking to make hits and more last night of looking to make plays

BE WHAT YOU ARE!!!!! Jordan Caron should never ever fight unless someone spears him in the nuts, elbows him in the head, or tries to take his knees out- they should be all 'fits of rage' fights and not 'I hope they are watching and see how committed I am'....I'll say the same for 'seeking hits'.

Caron has the ability to be a solid long time NHLer if he does three things
1. play solid defense (which he can)
2. control the boards (which he can- and that does not mean bone jarring hits, but keeping the puck active in the offense, and getting it out on defense)
3. take it to the net- he is big, he is a good skater, he has decent hands and shot-certainly he is not wearing mits

I would not be upset if at the end of the night Caron had only a couple of hits- THAT CAME IN THE FLOW OF THE PLAY, not conscious hits to impress....impress by working the wall, and when you get it DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE to the net or pass if someone is so wide open.

One robin don't make a spring, and one game don't make a season....he has it I just think he needs to be more a bull and less a lion.

btw- Tampa is a lock imo for bottom 5 overall- if I am them and Boston wants to move Caron I'd take a shot; he could and SHOULD be a good player

Long time supporter of him but with an understanding as to why so many aren`t. For him to be successful, it`ll need to look exactly like last night`s, hard to the net, tough on the puck etc...if not, too many bodies that can step in and do the job.

Either way, that 3rd line produced more in an evening than the 3rd did all of last year seemingly. Caron should have had one goal, but could have had a hatty.....can`t do that 82 games a year but nice start anyways

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
One decent game is not enough for me to get excited. I need to see a consistent effort like he had last night game in and game out over the course of a full year before I buy into it. Would love to see it, even if it means I was wrong about the guy...:laugh:

considering Bergeron and Chara might be the only guys on this team who give a consistent effort day in and day out all year I think you might have your expectations set unrealistically high.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
If he can manage to string together a few more games like last night's, Chia should work the phones hard trying to deal him for a 1st. Preferably to a bottom feeder (either team in the sunshine state would do)
No way Caron nets you a first, especially from a bottom feeder.

I thought Caron looked much improved when I saw him at training camp, so its good to see him translate that into a good game. At this point I like what I see from him more than Smith so hopefully he gets a chance to play again Saturday and show what he can do.

Last edited:

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
It's just one game, but he certainly looked like a solid 3rd line option. Not sure if anything has been written about it, but his skating just seems vastly improved. Not just faster either, just markedly better agility and explosiveness. Until this year, every time I watched Caron play I just couldn't get past his skating, and I didn't have that feeling last night.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That call was crap.

I feel like he tricks me every year....comes out of the gate on fire and then just....lays an egg.

Agreed.

I thought he looked good not great, like he belonged in the NHL on the 3rd line. That's what a 1st round pick is supposed to look like. I still think Caron is as good as gone soon.

Johnson should be the 13th F, not taking up prime development real estate on the first line in PRO. He is perfect for that extra guy role. He's 27, you don't have to worry about stunting his development, and he won't hurt you when he does play.

I hope Caron does play well, because the better he is, the more the B's can get for him when he is dealt.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
When he plays with fire, there is no doubt that he is an NHL player.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I genuinely felt bad for trashing on him myself last night after his GOOD GOAL was waived off. I read his lips after that when he looked at the ref who blew the whistle, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!"

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Agreed.

I thought he looked good not great, like he belonged in the NHL on the 3rd line. That's what a 1st round pick is supposed to look like. I still think Caron is as good as gone soon.

Johnson should be the 13th F, not taking up prime development real estate on the first line in PRO. He is perfect for that extra guy role. He's 27, you don't have to worry about stunting his development, and he won't hurt you when he does play.

I hope Caron does play well, because the better he is, the more the B's can get for him when he is dealt.

More like Smith (who is average at best) gets sent packing to the AHL where HE belongs.

murphdasmurf2

@SieveOfDaNation
Mar 2, 2011
Brentwood, NH
twitter.com
I genuinely felt bad for trashing on him myself last night after his GOOD GOAL was waived off. I read his lips after that when he looked at the ref who blew the whistle, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!"

I said it last night, that was the worst possible thing to happen for him. Needs a break to get some confidence going and no better way to crush that than with a good goal being taken away.

Wouldn't mind seeing Caron and Soderbeaut out there with Kelly, also realize it's one game and Smith also needs a chance to gel.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I felt so bad for him on that bs call. What I liked was that he played with even more fire after the botched call. I want 10 games like that before I even begin to change my mind about him.

I do think he'll be traded at some point but I will happily eat crow if he's not due to him finally "getting it". I want the Caron we saw in camp back in 2010.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Caron's problem has been his consistency. He plays great one game, then is invisible. He does not have the resume of some on this team to take any nights off. He has to come hard every game, play like he did last night, and if he does, he has a home on the 3rd line. I hope he finally figured that out. If not, then he will be gone this year at some point

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It's just one game, but he certainly looked like a solid 3rd line option. Not sure if anything has been written about it, but his skating just seems vastly improved. Not just faster either, just markedly better agility and explosiveness. Until this year, every time I watched Caron play I just couldn't get past his skating, and I didn't have that feeling last night.

noticed it as well - he had much more jump out there. still not convinced and want to see a much bigger sample size before anointing him useful. but if last night is the real caron, i'm on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad