The latest installment of Caron

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hope all is well where it matters- well, I got your meeting down to two guys, if its my daughters favorite player's team ask him how he is doing so far

If that's the team I think it is- they have 2/3 of my favorite Bruins checking line in the front office (thankfully Chia brought the other third in after he talked the yeti out of our dreams).

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Am I the only one hoping that we can some of these young ones traded for draft picks? This not picking in the first 28 picks is LAME.

If you call Boychuk a "young one," I'm on-board. ;) He's going to get you the nicest pick and savings. But yes, I'm all for moving the right guy, getting a nice pick, and adding another really highly touted prospect for a handful of years down the road. ...Oh, and pocketing some cap cash (that I'm sure we'll give to a core guy ASAP). :D

As for Caron...

I don't think the Bruins will make a change when Soderberg comes back, if Caron keeps it up...saw some chemistry developing there with Kelly and Smith, and they might want to see where that goes...

I like what I see from Smith too. And I think we all get the feeling that the Bruins really like him.

It's really tough. I don't think the Bruins believed this was going to be a problem, but now they are in a good pinch. I wouldn't be surprised to see them play Caron for a while and showcase him.

If they were pleasantly surprised to see Caron step it up...They might very well be thinking hopefully he can get on a role and we can sell high...

I do agree that I can't see Soderberg sitting for very long. Of course, not long term.

Note: I would be VERY surprised to see them bench Thornton and break up Merlot. Very surprised. I don't personally even take that into account. We'll see...

Hopefully Caron will continue to make this a good problem and keep it up.

I definitely wouldn't mind him taking it to the next level...That line gets better defensively with him in it.

Like I said, tough call. :dunno:

Play it out.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hope all is well where it matters- well, I got your meeting down to two guys, if its my daughters favorite player's team ask him how he is doing so far

More than thrilled with him. Tell Julia "no worries, he's not going anywhere". And thanks, all is well where it matters. Wish you two were making the Ontario trip in two weeks. Heading north for a trifecta of games. Julia would have a ball !!

If that's the team I think it is- they have 2/3 of my favorite Bruins checking line in the front office (thankfully Chia brought the other third in after he talked the yeti out of our dreams).

You and DKH take all the fun out of dropping hints :laugh:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
More than thrilled with him. Tell Julia "no worries, he's not going anywhere". And thanks, all is well where it matters. Wish you two were making the Ontario trip in two weeks. Heading north for a trifecta of games. Julia would have a ball !!

You and DKH take all the fun out of dropping hints :laugh:

I figured it out based on DKH's hint!

Took me a while to think it through, but it was kind of fun!:laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I am still liking what I've been seeing from JC. He's throwing his body around and has that compete level that Claude is always looking for. I'd like to see him maintain a 3rd/4th nightly role. If Yeti comes in and looks good, then maybe it'd be wise to occasionally swap out Thorty for JC, so Kel/Yet/Reil can get some shifts together. But I think the man has earned a spot on the big club.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am still liking what I've been seeing from JC. He's throwing his body around and has that compete level that Claude is always looking for. I'd like to see him maintain a 3rd/4th nightly role. If Yeti comes in and looks good, then maybe it'd be wise to occasionally swap out Thorty for JC, so Kel/Yet/Reil can get some shifts together. But I think the man has earned a spot on the big club.

Love his consistent compete SO FAR:)

Honestly can`t stand saying this because I love all he`s done for this team but I think it`s time Thorty starts watching a few from upstairs, looks slower than ever, and hasn`t been effective at all, his lack of speed has been more glaring this early season than any in the past

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I was done with Caron about 2 years ago but I guess it's good to see him realize its probably his last shot and step up to the occasion. If he plays like he has been he definitely deserves a consistent spot in the lineup. Like some have said, I think Thornton needs to be sitting alot this year. Just too many good young kids. If we play a team with some goons play Thorton, but other than that McQuaid can handle alot of rough stuff for him on the nights off.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was done with Caron about 2 years ago but I guess it's good to see him realize its probably his last shot and step up to the occasion. If he plays like he has been he definitely deserves a consistent spot in the lineup. Like some have said, I think Thornton needs to be sitting alot this year. Just too many good young kids. If we play a team with some goons play Thorton, but other than that McQuaid can handle alot of rough stuff for him on the nights off.

Having Caron play well benefits this team/organization in more ways than one

1- he sticks with the club, contributes offensively from time to time

2- continues to play well, used as a piece in a trade

Never understood why any fan would openly root against a player, or be too blind to see when that player is playing well for this team.

I get JC`s history here but.....

OutspokenMinority*

When he's competing and banging, he's a borderline NHL player. When he's not competing and banging, he's invisible. If they can package him and something else to get a veteran NHL winger with a little more skill (Ryder type) they should do it, assuming there is some cap space.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Honestly can`t stand saying this because I love all he`s done for this team but I think it`s time Thorty starts watching a few from upstairs, looks slower than ever, and hasn`t been effective at all, his lack of speed has been more glaring this early season than any in the past

I definitely agree with this. I love Thorty and his role, but he should be the odd man out when we play faster and younger teams with less physicality. Caron can fill the void in those situations, he has enough physicality to his game and he has more pep to keep up with the young-ins around the league.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I definitely agree with this. I love Thorty and his role, but he should be the odd man out when we play faster and younger teams with less physicality. Caron can fill the void in those situations, he has enough physicality to his game and he has more pep to keep up with the young-ins around the league.

Business has no place for sentimentality, folks here yakking about Iggy being "done" or "cooked":shakehead...not a mention of Thornton who clearly can`t keep up anymore. To have a winger in his spot with some speed would be huge. Yes we lose the heavyweight of the lineup but there`s a team in Michigan who seems to have found a way to play pretty competitive hockey without a heavyweight for years

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Business has no place for sentimentality, folks here yakking about Iggy being "done" or "cooked":shakehead...not a mention of Thornton who clearly can`t keep up anymore. To have a winger in his spot with some speed would be huge. Yes we lose the heavyweight of the lineup but there`s a team in Michigan who seems to have found a way to play pretty competitive hockey without a heavyweight for years

Thornton has looked bad so far this year. I don't think he'll turn it around either. He brings a lot behind the scenes. I'd sit him and dress him only when the team is in serious need of a spark.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Problem is that Caron can't fight, can't score and can't kill penalties. Scratch Thornton, waive Caron, call up Nick Johnson and Ryan Spooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad