The latest installment of Caron

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think we may see some mixing and matching. There's no way Soderberg will be a healthy scratch as soon as he's off of IR. You'll probably see a Soderberg - Kelly - Caron line on Thursday (If the Yeti is ready).. then a Soderberg - Kelly - Smith line for a game or two and then depending on who outplayed who, we'll have the 3rd line shaken out by game 6.

But I still think Chia will sell high on Caron. I don't think they'll sit Soderberg after he vastly outplayed Caron in training camp and earned a spot on this team.

Either way it will be interesting to see.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think we may see some mixing and matching. There's no way Soderberg will be a healthy scratch as soon as he's off of IR. You'll probably see a Soderberg - Kelly - Caron line on Thursday (If the Yeti is ready).. then a Soderberg - Kelly - Smith line for a game or two and then depending on who outplayed who, we'll have the 3rd line shaken out by game 6.

But I still think Chia will sell high on Caron. I don't think they'll sit Soderberg after he vastly outplayed Caron in training camp and earned a spot on this team.

Either way it will be interesting to see.

Love it, keeps players both fresh and motivated

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can always rely on Dom to toss this guy under any bus approaching at any time;):laugh:

Has to be a bus my friend. No more trains in Atlantic Canada is there ? :laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness, keep bringing the level headiness.

It doesn't matter who is discussed on these boards, Wideman, Hamil, Thomas, Caron, there always seems to be two different factions, but never a middle ground. And although its not very often fans will change their opinions, DKH is trending that way ;) (now that's throwing someone under a bus!)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Has to be a bus my friend. No more trains in Atlantic Canada is there ? :laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness, keep bringing the level headiness.

It doesn't matter who is discussed on these boards, Wideman, Hamil, Thomas, Caron, there always seems to be two different factions, but never a middle ground. And although its not very often fans will change their opinions, DKH is trending that way ;) (now that's throwing someone under a bus!)

There are tracks....I`ve seen no trains:)

Interesting start to the season, nice to see Caron/Smith level out that 3rd a bit. Not at all shocked with the panic expressed by many that Loui and Iggy haven`t posted a dozen points by now:sarcasm:

As you know, I tend to watch games with an oh so experienced eye of a coach and love to see the little details and Loui has fit in seemlessly in that regard, and with Iginla, he`s just a vet who will produce, just a matter of time.

Love the internal depth right now, when Soderberg is ready to return, it will mean someone will be sitting up top, both resting and motivated for their next opportunity...ok, off to google trains of N.S.;)

2 games played, 3 goals against, people not reaching for things to worry themselves about

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Good Morning to you too Dom !:).

It is cool and raining here. Good day to do nothing. ;)

Nothing ??!! :laugh:

Afternoon matinee in Mississauga to see the Sean Day, the next hockey prodigy vs North Bay... should be over by 4:30

Then an hour up the 401 to catch the 6:05 start in Oshawa to see Robby Fabbri (future Bruin?) and his Guelph Storm to take on the Generals.

Will be meeting up at the latter with a former Bruin who is now in the FO of a different team :rant: who two weeks ago said they had interest in Jordan Caron. We'll see what he says tonight :D

Always something to do my dear ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good Morning to you too Dom !:).

It is cool and raining here. Good day to do nothing. ;)

Good day to watch sports, hang with friends - we are cooking a turkey the tequila and beer will flow great day

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
He's shown flashes but what's impressed me so far is the IQ and anticipation. He is NOT fleet by any stretch of the imagination but he seems to have a better jump in his first step and is looking positionally sound. He looks a lot more confident too, not hesitating and will get his shot off quickly when the opp arises.

I like the guy but he's frustrated me immensely....but put into perspective, he's always going to be just a 3rd liner, and a decent one, it appears, to fill the gap until the Yeti comes back.

Certainly better than Pandolfo and all the other broken down heaps and Yugos we've had in recent memory.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Afternoon matinee in Mississauga to see the Sean Day, the next hockey prodigy vs North Bay... should be over by 4:30

Then an hour up the 401 to catch the 6:05 start in Oshawa to see Robby Fabbri (future Bruin?) and his Guelph Storm to take on the Generals.

Will be meeting up at the latter with a former Bruin who is now in the FO of a different team :rant: who two weeks ago said they had interest in Jordan Caron. We'll see what he says tonight :D

I am off too. Nothing as exciting as your day but the weekends are the only time to get stuff done.

Have a good day ;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good day to watch sports, hang with friends - we are cooking a turkey the tequila and beer will flow great day

I love turkey . I'll be there by noon :laugh:

Actually Amanda's birthday is next week so got to pick up a few more things and ship the package off to Calif.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love turkey . I'll be there by noon :laugh:

Actually Amanda's birthday is next week so got to pick up a few more things and ship the package off to Calif.

I'm in charge of bringing the ice cream cake- Carvel pumpkin cake works everytime (didn't have enough time to get the likeness of Caron on it). The only negative is their will 8 of us which will cut down on my slice but I should be able to cope

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Hope all is well where it matters- well, I got your meeting down to two guys, if its my daughters favorite player's team ask him how he is doing so far

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
agreed. we really need to trade Krug for a first rounder. :sarcasm:
I don't think he was looking at trading what appears to be a solid, skilled youngster like Krug. He's more likely to be looking at the wealth of young talented players in the system who are blocked by proven veterans at the ML level.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
that is a great little statement....obviously Knuble was a horse like Caron, and he knew his way around the dirty area. btw- Knuble somehow never really took the abuse you would think someone who lived down there would. He was big and solid but seemed to somehow even find seams that close in....if Caron would want to pattern his game after someone this is a good guy to get the tapes and study up on. If Caron could replicate that he would be good for another 15 years and probably about $60 or more million dollars just by working on positioning, his shot down low, he has good hands already, take it to the net and STAY there when you get there.
Right now he can play both wings and is an ideal 13 guy on this team- he has the skills in the tool box but they need to be out of the box and so far they are; I think he realizes 'this freaking works' and I don't have to be anything more than Jordan Caron. And its not like he's going to take a **** load of abuse because he's a big mother to begin with so- yah, go to the net and 'hang out' and get a bunch of goals be it off your skate, ass, taps ins, push ins....just score. The closer you are the better your chance of scoring and the beating you take should be bearable because of your size to begin with.

First pre-draft vid and then camp (on the youtube) I saw of the kid and it just reeked Knuble all over again. Same skating, same body, same moves, same play on the board. (the same camp I had Colborne pegged as Kozlov FWIW or a poor man's Lecavalier). Sometimes it's a stretch on the "plays like", or "resembles", etc. but Caron (IMO) is like the 2nd coming of Knuble, perhaps including his early career where he's trying unsuccessfully to build his game and trying to be too many things to too many people. He's a B student so it's a tough grade to carry because you're always a tweener between the top and bottom six making it hard to establish a game and consistency. Glad to see him performing and I hope he continues as he'll be a good plug for the 2nd or 4th lines when the injury bug hits. Going to be tough to take him out for Sodapop at this point so it's up to him to earn his keep from here on in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->