TV: The Last of Us (HBO)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Sad. They're filming until June I think but that was always the plan

Makes sense since HBO has House of the Dragon coming out this year. Everything will be focused on that. Don't want to throw their 2 blockbusters out at the same time.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It has officially wrapped filming after 11 months!

Here's an image they also released from it the other day: there's a clicker in the background. They also confirmed that the original Ellie & Joel voice actors will have roles on the show

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they’re shooting in Calgary, I hope part of it takes place there

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Your HF account?

Because this series sure sounds great...

It has the potential to be absolutely HUGE.

The game It's based off of is considered an all time classic.

At least the first game is, the second game pissed A LOT of people off.

But the show seems to be based off of the first game.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Last thing I read and I don't remember where I read it they wanted 8 seasons out of this.

I don't know how you do that if you are introducing Sam and Henry in season 1, those are late season 2 maybe season 3 characters

• Haha
Reactions: Hivemind

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Eight seasons? So they are turning this into the Walking Dead? The game this is based off is not even that long. Not feeling confident about this.

Reactions: Hivemind

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Eight seasons is WAY too long. This isn't Game of Thrones. Not enough content to keep it compelling which means a ton of filler that doesn't really have anything to do with the source material.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Eight seasons? So they are turning this into the Walking Dead? The game this is based off is not even that long. Not feeling confident about this.

Eight seasons is WAY too long. This isn't Game of Thrones. Not enough content to keep it compelling which means a ton of filler that doesn't really have anything to do with the source material.

Yall, we haven't even gotten 1 season yet I wouldn't worry about 8 that wasn't an official report by any means

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I Suspect that is why we are seeing new characters like Perry introduced, or characters that are only ever mentioned in the game like Frank.

Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker who voiced Joel and Ellie are also playing unknown characters, my suspicion being Ellie's parents bur that's only a suspicion.

These characters will help pad out the story.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
There is a time skip in the game after they leave the Pittsburgh suburbs. They will surely use that time to pad it out.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You can't do each game in a single season
No way. It would be so rushed.
The Last of Us takes about 16 hours to complete (generously). And, presumably, the TV version isn't going to spend time looking for collectables or on revive screens. Cutting it to 12 1-hour-ish (HBO hours) episodes isn't going to rush the core plot much at all. It should certainly not be stretched beyond two seasons, or else there's a ton of unneeded filler being crammed in.

The DLC and TLOU2 (neither of which are guaranteed to be part of this show) add another 25 hours or so combined. Nowhere near enough material to support anything close to "8 seasons"

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The Last of Us takes about 16 hours to complete (generously). And, presumably, the TV version isn't going to spend time looking for collectables or on revive screens. Cutting it to 12 1-hour-ish (HBO hours) episodes isn't going to rush the core plot much at all. It should certainly not be stretched beyond two seasons, or else there's a ton of unneeded filler being crammed in.

The DLC and TLOU2 (neither of which are guaranteed to be part of this show) add another 25 hours or so combined. Nowhere near enough material to support anything close to "8 seasons"

Worth noting that there are 4 years between the events of the 1st and 2nd game though if they did wanna add some filler stuff between the stories of the 2 games

Also they did cast Riley so the DLC story seems pretty likely to be included. I do think the first season will cover most if not all of the 1st game though tbh

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No way. It would be so rushed.

I agree that's why I'm concerned about Henry and Sam being in season 1, it seem rushed.

To me if you want 8 seasons Henry and Sam are late season 2 or early season 3 characters

The DLC is already confirmed to be in the show, or at least Rielly is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad