TV: The Last of Us (HBO)

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I’ve never seen her be anything other than great

Is the concern about her not being good enough or just that she will be hated and catch so much flack due to the way the character was received and hated so much when the game came out?

I don't know the actress enough to say anything one way or another, but I remember how much I thought it was terrible when they casted Harry Potter to be Weird Al, and then I watched it and it was great, so until I see otherwise I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she will do the job well like the other actors and actresses in the show have

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Honestly, I think the major worry about Abby's character should be handled fine in the show and shouldn't be too much of an issue provided the actor is solid, which Kaitlyn is. As somebody who considers these 2 games among my favorite all time, a lot of the concerns centered around having to play through Abby's story.

Introducing the character was fine, but building an entire relationship around Joel/Ellie and then having to force the audience to play through the main antagonist in an attempt to force sympathy isn't something people enjoyed, which is entirely understandable. It's a tragic and interesting character arc, and we'll absolutely get the same backstory with Abby in the show, but I think it's definitely one of those times where it'll translate much easier through a show than a game. Transitioning between the 2 at a better pace and not just waiting to get to see the character we're there for.

Reactions: HanSolo

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know there is one scene that I wonder if she's going to be willing to do, and if you are familiar with the source material no, It's not the scene you are thinking.

Minor Spoiler if she's willing to do it, she has a sex scene coming, and that scene intrigues me because Iam legitimately wondering what the reaction will be to it, if It's game accurate I don't think people are going to like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad