GDT: The Last All Encompassing World Juniors Thread

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
4-1

Edit: First time the Russians lose a WJ Bronze medal game ever.

MatureFlickeringGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I get that this is some kind of a joke from some clown on a TV commercial and that you mean no ill will, but yeah I wouldn't recommend saying that stuff in Hawaii if you visit as the native people here hold their culture and language very near and dear.

Outrage as Aloha Poke Co tells Hawaiians to stop using 'aloha' with 'poke' | US news | The Guardian

:eek: John Hamm is no clown! :eek:

I know what Aloha means - I have been to Hawaii many times. Thankfully we are on a hockey forum being stupid and not in Hawaii.:nod: (edit your in Hawaii...)

These are sayings from Skip The Dishes Canada commercials on every 15 minutes or so and during the NHL season every 5 minutes or so giving us such gems as “BRANDON, THROW ME THE SHIRT” so Skip The Dishes commercials STARRING THE GREAT JOHN HAMM of Hamm and pineapple pizza fame have become a bit of a funny ongoing gag around here.

That’s all this is. :)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I know what Aloha means - I have been to Hawaii many times. Thankfully we are on a hockey forum being stupid and not in Hawaii.:nod: (edit your in Hawaii...)

These are sayings from Skip The Dishes Canada commercials on every 15 minutes or so and during the NHL season every 5 minutes or so giving us such gems as “BRANDON, THROW ME THE SHIRT” so Skip The Dishes commercials STARRING THE GREAT JOHN HAMM of Hamm and pineapple pizza fame have become a bit of a funny ongoing gag around here.

I know what kind of a guy you are and that it was not meant in spite or disrespect, just wanted people to know how it is not something to joke about if they visit here. Hearing people mispronounce ukulele is another one of my pet peeves! :lol:

Man I hate commercials that run a million times! The only recent one that I don't mind is Limu Emu just because of how stupid it is. Limu btw is also a Hawaiian word for seaweed ;)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
He can be the modern day Captain Cook.

Sorry, but only Finger Cooking With Bill ranks with me.

Sorry, but the only BP commercial that anyone should ever remember is...

COME TRY OUR CHRISTMAS PIZZA THIS COMMERICAL'S FOR BOSTON PIZZA

ITS A TURKEY DINNER ON A PIZZA A PIZZA UNDERNEATH A TURKEY DINNER

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

That sounds pretty nasty!

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

God, that and finger cooking were both utterly miserable, but that was probably the worst. How the F can they afford 1000s of hours of ad buys but can only afford 1 insanely annoying commercial per year? at least break it up a little if youre going to jam BPs down our throats 20 times a night. BPs has joined McDonald's for me on the restaurants I only patronize when forced to by others im with.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Throwback Tuesday:

OT: - Mid-Season Oscar for Worst Commercial in an Oilers Broadcast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad