Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Kids Come Through

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
They were really having some fun at Buffalo's expense in the 1st period. Given the organization for whom they work, it was pretty funny.

I think some of that may have to do with that ridiculous puckdaddy article that came out earlier the same day.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Echoing the sentiment about McCormick, who was one of one and a half vets who came to play for the whole game. He was the third guy out on the ice with coho and Vanek when Florida pulled markstrom. Deserving after this kind of game

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
id like to quietly acknowledge that McCormick had a great game... deserves to be recognized... since most of the vets were passengers tonight

Not only did he have a great overall game, but how about the fight with Gudbranson? Not a fantastic fight, but I looked like it all happened because he was trying get the puck for Risto after he netted his first. That's all heart and soul. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G:
Three rookie D in the lineup and won!
Only 3 forwards with less ice time than Vanek
Grigorenko with more ice time than Vanek
Grigorenko checking

B:
Shots against

U:
Rangers and Flyers with less points in the standings than the Sabres.
(games in hand)

but theyve got 3-4 games in hand :laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The awesome:

au8OyrT.jpg

Seriously though, when does General Zad get a real #? Easily my next jersey purchase

heartsabres*

G: Liked the rotating of the forwards. This team has no chemistry and it was the first good idea I see Rolston have(dressing 8 forwards)
Zadorov - does he stay?
B - Grigs - best game yet just can´t seem to put it together with points
U - Gudbranson on McCormick when he was just trying to get the rookie the puck

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
The thing with mccormick, is that he can take a regular shift... he's not going to hurt you out there. he can skate. he's zone aware. he won't try to do things that will put his team in a bad spot. he'll make the simple plays.

he played an all around, shift to shift, good hockey game... (yes, that can be accomplished without making sweet dangles, great passes, or even scoring)

Exactly. He a role player that is needed and a leader by example with this young team. He just needs to stay healthy and play his 10-12 minutes a night. The difference between he and Scott is that he can actually effectively "play" a checking line role. His biggest limitation is while he is always game to protect his teammates, he is often overwhelmed against heavyweights and takes a beating.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If there's one positive to be drawn from the season so far its that Marcus Foligno is capable of playing center. I'm very keen to see how he develops at that position.

I agree with you. His game has looked great. Simple and effective. He could turn into 20+30 guy who can take draws, play D and hit. Every team wants that, Maybe it's time to try and build Ennis' stats and trade him.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Have to start talking about Vanek's terrible shooting this year, he's at 6.8% and that's dismal. It's hurting us but maybe it gives a clue how good this team will be once he's gone.

He better crank it up for trade value

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Well, I missed the best period, apparently.
Enroth definitely deserved that first star.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Ugly: I pay money for the NHL Vault service because I typically work during Sabres games now. It's a cheap product but if I'm paying for it, is it wrong to think games would be uploaded immediately following their completion?

Thursday's games aren't even up yet. /YuppyComplainant

Nice to see some glowing reviews from all four of the team's most recent first-rounders.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717
In case your were wondering like I was, 8 was not getting the puck for 55. He didn't know they had scored and was going for the rebound

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717
In case your were wondering like I was, 8 was not getting the puck for 55. He didn't know they had scored and was going for the rebound

Hilarious.

Did someone end up retrieving the puck for Rasmus?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not only did he have a great overall game, but how about the fight with Gudbranson? Not a fantastic fight, but I looked like it all happened because he was trying get the puck for Risto after he netted his first. That's all heart and soul. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Love the fight in McCormick's game. Needs to watch stuff like that though. He DOES have concussion issues.

Also he was fighting to try and it the puck in the net. He didn't know a goal was scored. He was busy fighting in front. He saw the puck laying on the goalline.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Disheartening that we need a stellar goaltending performance just to beat the freaking Panthers. 64-27 in Corsi. Good God, man. Gonna be a looooong season. Take them where we can get them, I suppose.

Just think of how bad it could have been if Rolston didn't make better puck possession a focus this year. :laugh:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good: Enroth - Stellar performance
Zad - physical play
Ott - chip on his shoulder. played hard, led by example, best game of short season
Goal from Risto
Stafford hitting the post on his drive to the net
3rd period come back
Watching a Dineen coached team
Playing physical when it was important and not gooning it up

Bad: It was the Panthers. Not a SC contender so temporize the win....
Badly outshot.... I mean really badly outshot
Dzone coverage is terrible
Can't breakout - unable for long stretches to clear the zone
Inability to win 1 on 1 puck battles - as a TEAM, our guys do not battle hard. (selected players do - Larsson, Girgs Flynn, Foligno come to mind. But too many others are late or ineffective.)
Stafford ineffective after hitting the post on his drive to the net... looked lost out there

Ugly: pee wee coverage play... really an insult to peewees (I coach peewees. I'd say it looked more like a bunch of mites running around.):laugh:
Zad and Grigs colliding in the Panthers zone... like Comrade, where did you come from?:naughty:
Zad's intercepted head man pass in the 3rd after he showed such poise by slowing the play down behind the net, checking out his options, stepping out from behind the net and then connecting..... right on to a Panthers stick. Where the heck did the Sabre forwards go?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad