Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Kids Come Through

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I was close to putting him in my ugly category, but he did some good things at times.

I can't put my finger on his issue though. He doesn't LOOK much different, doesn't look injured or slowed or anything.

reality happened...

he's never going to overcome his size on a consistent enough basis

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Zadorov and Myers had great games tonight. I felt easy when they were out.

What's funny is Myers adopted Tallinder's role from when Myers broke into the league, and Zads was the one making the highlight plays.

But what I love most about Zadorov is his natural toughness. He wants to hit people. He planted Kopecky twice tonight and he wanted to do it. Kid is Cocky, but I like that.

Tonight showed of why we are suffering right now. This team could be scary in three years.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 15m

.@zadorov61 finished with 20:03 ice time (3rd on team) and 7 hits tonight. #Sabres #Blueprint

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
Good -

-Winning after the Panthers' announcer referred to us as "pee wee hockey"
- Enroth
- Zadorov
- Risto

Bad -

-Outplayed in 1st and 2nd big time.
-Ennis.

Ugly -

- Ennis.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G:
Three rookie D in the lineup and won!
Only 3 forwards with less ice time than Vanek
Grigorenko with more ice time than Vanek
Grigorenko checking

B:
Shots against

U:
Rangers and Flyers with less points in the standings than the Sabres.
(games in hand)

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Myers was GREAT in preseason.

He struggled the first ~5 games of the regular season.

Since then he's slowly brought it back together. Every game his confidence is improving, and he always plays his best hockey when he is confident and active in the play. I think he understands he doesn't have to take over a game--and that is actually what's going to allow him to do that moving forward.

Agree With this. Although I think games 6 thru now have been a series of hills and valleys within a game. But he is improving, lately. I hope it is a sign of things to come. Similar to what you said, he can't be "the guy". That's just not him. Just be a solid mistake free (as possible) defender. And throw a little offense in for good measure.

Too bad some see him as a 40+ point defensemen or he sucks player.

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I was close to putting him in my ugly category, but he did some good things at times.

I can't put my finger on his issue though. He doesn't LOOK much different, doesn't look injured or slowed or anything.

He looks very different.... at least his hair does. Clearly that was his undoing

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I actually kind of felt bad for him tonight at points. He got planted a number of times. I think Foligno got him good, and Risto might have too.

Me too. I was a big fan of his when he signed with them and since I live in Florida saw a couple of games live where he was really strong and a force. The panthers broadcast was saying something about him being injured? I think.

Loved the kids tonight. Zadorov I think played over 20 minutes tonight and looked great. The only knock I have on him is his first pass on a breakout play. I think he gave it away twice but he was still really good this game.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
-Foligno. Whatever he did pregame, he needs to do it again. Someone pissed in his Wheaties and it showed.

Think he might've been mad that Flynn got a look at the first line instead of him? He was looking good up there in the preseason, not really sure why Rolston never gave him another look there.

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013
Good:

-Enroth made it rain saves like a rapper makes it rain bills at an Atlanta strip club.
-The defence played quite well. The caveat that this is a Florida team that has Scott Gomez under its employ notwithstanding, I thought that all 3 pairings played quite well, with a nod towards the Zadarov-Myers pairing as having the biggest impact.
-Ristolainen's first goal.
-The entire 3rd period.
-No player will have a pending suspension for conduct besmirching the good name of Gary Bettman's NHL.

Bad:

-Too many shots given up, yet again.
-Can this team generate a consistent forecheck?
-Vanek was mostly quiet.
-Ennis not doing much heavy lifting on offense so far this season.

Ugly:

-No ugly when a team wins.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Only saw the last two periods, which from what I gather, works out nicely for me.

G:
Enroth
ZOMG Zadorov... is going to be so, SO ruthlessly good.
Ras getting his first on a seemingly instinctive play. Many congrats.
Grigorenko
Girgensons
Pysyk just doing that Pysyk thing
Foligno
MYERS/ZADOROV PAIRED UP. MORE PLEASE YES.
I actually thought Hodgson was good tonight. Happy to see him get rewarded w/ the EN.
Ott and McCormick played well.

B:
Vanek. I'm over it, ship him outta town for some more youngins already.
Ennis was just... there tonight.

U:
Shot totals
Gudbrandson jumping McCormick for just going after Ras' puck.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
id like to quietly acknowledge that McCormick had a great game... deserves to be recognized... since most of the vets were passengers tonight

Yeah, some guy was harping on McCormick being a useless plug in some other thread, but he's someone I don't mind having on the team despite his lack of skills, always know he will step up for a teammate when needed.

G
Enroth
Foligno
Zadorov
Risto's first goal
Grigorenko looked really good at some points

B
Vanek, hi where are you????
Ennis, plz gtfo
McBain ****ing so bad in the d zone
Reinhart.... :naughty:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yeah, some guy was harping on McCormick being a useless plug in some other thread, but he's someone I don't mind having on the team despite his lack of skills, always know he will step up for a teammate when needed.

The thing with mccormick, is that he can take a regular shift... he's not going to hurt you out there. he can skate. he's zone aware. he won't try to do things that will put his team in a bad spot. he'll make the simple plays.

he played an all around, shift to shift, good hockey game... (yes, that can be accomplished without making sweet dangles, great passes, or even scoring)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
U: Larsson taking an elbow to the head

It's interesting that Vanek has points in 4 out of the last 5 games...but I hate his play (effort).

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
G: Zadorov hits, Foligno's hit, Winning, grigorenko, ice times of players, enroth
B: I wish I saw more of the game, shot differential,
U: We finally win our first game in regulation and there's less of a response on the threads. people seriously must only come if they can complain.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
The Panthers announcer really said that?

His head must be spinning with all the success they've experienced in S. Florida. :sarcasm:

It was while he was breaking down a replay where 3 Sabres chased the puck in the corner of our end. It was an ugly play but the commentary was over the top. Hard to stomach that after listening to the NBCSN guys rake us over the coals Wednesday. Win felt good. A few more and maybe we won't have to endure the ridicule as much.

If I were the announcer, I would just focus more on the positive things the Panthers were doing and less on ragging Buffalo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
G: Zadorov hits, Foligno's hit, Winning, grigorenko, ice times of players, enroth
B: I wish I saw more of the game, shot differential,
U: We finally win our first game in regulation and there's less of a response on the threads. people seriously must only come if they can complain.

'Twas bound to happen. People will jump off the ship in droves. Might not be a bad thing, when you come to think about it... :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Disheartening that we need a stellar goaltending performance just to beat the freaking Panthers. 64-27 in Corsi. Good God, man. Gonna be a looooong season. Take them where we can get them, I suppose.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The Panthers announcer really said that?

His head must be spinning with all the success they've experienced in S. Florida. :sarcasm:

They were really having some fun at Buffalo's expense in the 1st period. Given the organization for whom they work, it was pretty funny.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
'Twas bound to happen. People will jump off the ship in droves. Might not be a bad thing, when you come to think about it... :laugh:

True, I guess I would have fewer people that support the team than more that just want to whine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad