Prospect Info: The Infantile 2020 Draft Thread

Magically, these 4 prospects are available at 14th. Who do you want?

• Jack Quinn

• Anton Lundell

• Yaroslav Askarov

• Seth Jarvis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I haven't watched Andrae in a while, has his skating improved? Because I don't really care how many points he scores if he can't move his feet at an NHL level.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I haven't watched Andrae in a while, has his skating improved? Because I don't really care how many points he scores if he can't move his feet at an NHL level.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his size + skating combo.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I didn't notice any issues with his skating.

Pretty much everything I've read lists his mobility as one of his main strengths too.

Reactions: McDoused

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Pretty much everything I've read lists his mobility as one of his main strengths too.
Mobility, edges, and elusiveness are good but at his size I think he'll need to get faster to play in the NHL.

I really like the skill though, and he's surprisingly good defensively.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

He's always been mobile. His issue is acceleration and straight-line speed and I'm not sure that's an area where he'll improve a lot.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Part 2 of Draft Dynasty's Final Ranking is out. He is very high on Reichel, Greig, and Robins. Very interesting non the less.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Part 2 of Draft Dynasty's Final Ranking is out. He is very high on Reichel, Greig, and Robins. Very interesting non the less.

It’s definitely different. Don’t like his take on Raymond he has him pretty low and out of the initial group of players.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Our mock has me wondering. Is this a shallow draft for Europeans or are they just not getting any press even in prospect circles with the lack of international tournies?

I feel like I'm familiar with about three Euro prospects after the 2nd round.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Our mock has me wondering. Is this a shallow draft for Europeans or are they just not getting any press even in prospect circles with the lack of international tournies?

It’s an okay year for Russia but the other countries seem to be shallower this year, but like you said I think it’s mostly due to a lack of exposure like you said. The u-18 would only have to shine light on a handful of guys to make it look more appealing.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I honestly think that McKenzies list is really flawed this year (imo), which I assume that alot of people follow. Theres a lot of euros in particular that havent been noticed much. I also think theres guys who came on hot at the midpoint that are being looked over. Someone like Tristen Robins wasnt even in the top 100 on McKenzies list. I think its another reason why Jarvis is around 18 or whatever. /shrug. McKenzies list is usually representative of what actually happens at the draft, but I'm not sure if it will be this year. I think its going to be a bit of a weird/wild draft.

Another example is Samuel Johannesson. I am not going to claim too much about prospects especially out of the first round (and overseas). Hockey Prospects have him at #31. Hes not on Bob McKenzies list. He put up more points in the SHL this year than Broberg did in his draft +1. He put up more points than Soderstrom in his draft year. I am sure S. Johannesson is a flawed player, and stats arent everything, but he seems like he has some pretty good offensive potential. Seems weird that hes not a top 100 player. Theres lots of players like this in McKenzies final draft rankings who arent there. And theres lots of coke machines that are.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

That means TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY.

Book the days off work or give your two weeks notice next week.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
If Jarvis & Quinn are off the board, I feel like Holloway is that unflashy guy that we need. Why? Has a very high compete level and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Question is, how much do you guys project him to grow his game in the NCAA over the next couple years? There's question marks about how much offense he'll have at the next level.

I think of how much Yamamoto added a spark to Draisaitl's line. Yam is that guy who just goes for it. Gets knocked down, pops right back up. Feisty.

With Holloway, you get another fiercely competitive guy who does a lot of the dirty work.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Quinn or Jarvis, we get one of those 2 guys with the 14th pick and I'm extremely happy.

I'm not really in love with any other forwards that are realistic at that spot, but I'd be okay with taking Sanderson/Askarov there.

Perfect scenario we trade up to select Holtz/Perfetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad