The Inevitable tank thread. 1 is the loneliest number

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Might as well tank to get pick 32 and pick 62. Plus finishing last will show Dorion that serious changes are needed. They can carry that momentum into next seasons tank for Lafreniere.

Dorion is part of the problem; he should never be viewed as being a part of any solution for this team.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We are just choosing to point out the ineptitude of management. This one will not and should not be forgotten for a long while. We will be ridiculed for the next 10 years as the team that gave up Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko. Every time you see one or the either scoring 40+ goals or finishing top 10 in scoring you will be reminded about the time that Pierre Dorion traded that pick for a player that isn't even playing for the Senators anymore. This isn't spilled milk, this is a franchise ruiner.

Let's just wait to see who wins the draft lotteries before pointing out anything.

The only ridicule, I see, is coming from so called Senator fans, who do pretty much nothing more than take daily dumps on the Franchise, owner, players, coach, trades, lineups and the GM.

Currently there's an 81.5% chance that Colorado does NOT win the first overall draft pick.

You're counting chickens, not before they're hatched, but before they're even laid.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Let's just wait to see who wins the draft lotteries before pointing out anything.

The only ridicule, I see, is coming from so called Senator fans, who do pretty much nothing more than take daily dumps on the Franchise, owner, players, coach, trades, lineups and the GM.

Currently there's an 81.5% chance that Colorado does NOT win the first overall draft pick.

You're counting chickens, not before they're hatched, but before they're even laid.
You and I both know this team is finishing dead last or not far from it. Right now they have the best shot at either of those players. Out of every other team in the league. Even if the pick doesn't fall in the top 2 range, that entire top 10 is phenomenal.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You and I both know this team is finishing dead last or not far from it. Right now they have the best shot at either of those players. Out of every other team in the league. Even if the pick doesn't fall in the top 2 range, that entire top 10 is phenomenal.

I'm just suggesting that we wait and see who they end up, with the draft pick, and then let's compare that pick to BT, as that is the comparison to be made here.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
upload_2019-1-2_9-34-56.png

We are rebuilding - while sitting in 31st place out of 31 teams - without our first round pick. Who cares about the probabilities of who wins what at lottery time. We are in a rebuild, we are absolutely terrible and we can't even look forward to the consolation prize that is, by design, GRANTED to teams in our position (a high-end draft selection) because our asset management has been that bad.

The chickens may not have hatched yet, but using your analogy, the eggs have certainly been laid.

The fumbling that has been done in Ottawa is astounding. All "daily dumps" that are heaped upon the Senators - mostly - are warranted. If Ottawans didn't have ice running through their veins, the fan-outcry would be worse. Our owner is a fool. Guy Boucher - while admittedly being dealt a 2/7 off suit for much of his time here - can't seem to manage young players. The players/line-ups - I mean, fine. They just make up the sum of the parts. D'Oh's trading record warrants ridicule; he's been hosed repeatedly. Come on, man. The only GM who may have been worse is Bergevin, but he's shown some competency, lately.

The fire rages on with the Ottawa Senators - and people are giving up - not as fans, but in this being the new standard for the organization. Regardless of whose lottery Gods shine down on them during the lottery, we don't have skin in the game. That is SHAMEFUL for a team like ours.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
View attachment 171185

We are rebuilding - while sitting in 31st place out of 31 teams - without our first round pick. Who cares about the probabilities of who wins what at lottery time. We are in a rebuild, we are absolutely terrible and we can't even look forward to the consolation prize that is, by design, GRANTED to teams in our position (a high-end draft selection) because our asset management has been that bad.

The chickens may not have hatched yet, but using your analogy, the eggs have certainly been laid.

The fumbling that has been done in Ottawa is astounding. All "daily dumps" that are heaped upon the Senators - mostly - are warranted. If Ottawans didn't have ice running through their veins, the fan-outcry would be worse. Our owner is a fool. Guy Boucher - while admittedly being dealt a 2/7 off suit for much of his time here - can't seem to manage young players. The players/line-ups - I mean, fine. They just make up the sum of the parts. D'Oh's trading record warrants ridicule; he's been hosed repeatedly. Come on, man. The only GM who may have been worse is Bergevin, but he's shown some competency, lately.

The fire rages on with the Ottawa Senators - and people are giving up - not as fans, but in this being the new standard for the organization. Regardless of whose lottery Gods shine down on them during the lottery, we don't have skin in the game. That is SHAMEFUL for a team like ours.
This is why I hope we win the Lottery and Colorado gets the first overall. As fans we don't deserve it but management does and to be remembered as up there as the worst in league history.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018

Regardless, hughes or Kakko, or even the top 10...we lost miserable in this trade

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I will say this. Resign Duchene and I forget all about this year's 1st round lottery pick. Duchene is damn good.
But if the Sens lose Duchene in a bad trade or he simply walks as UFA and Dorion becomes a legend in NHL circles...not in a good way.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
All I hear is some people saying "we shouldn't crap on the franchise blah blah blah" but the question is.....why shouldn't we crap on them and be critical of the choices they have made?

I mean.....what exactly do they deserve praise for? :laugh:

Please stop being hard on them, they are clearly not performing well because of the constant pressure from the vocal minority.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No.

But it is extremely, extremely good.

There is only 1 draft in the past 20 years that can even be compared with 2015 and that's 2003.

It's the best draft outside 2015 since 2010 IMO.
Nooooo I wanted to live in complete ignorance about this upcoming draft,having both you a SOA think its very solid ....Has robbed me of this... There is a special place in hell for the both of you,LOL SNIFF

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I love how the one time we actually do a proper tear down and rebuild, we don’t even own our first round pick that year :help:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well the good news is . . . if they're this bad with dzingle, stone and Duchene . . . they'll probably be finishing 31st without them for a few years too.

Sucks not to have the pick this season but I have a feeling they're going to have a few more lottery picks coming up

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How come Dorion didn't know this?

:sarcasm:
I'm sure Dorion knew this.

He just thought this was a good team who would be picking around 20th, and then he can't give up a #4 overall pick because of the PR, especially with a name like Tkachuk there and a need to win back fans. Giving up a 4th overall after last season would have been a nightmare. He just choose to push the nightmare a year down the road rather than rip the band-aid off last year.

Dorion did say that the only guy in this years draft they ranked over Tkachuk was Hughes, not that I believe that, and certainly don't agree with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad