The Inevitable tank thread. 1 is the loneliest number

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If this team and ownership were serious about getting better,then we could turn things around in a short amount of time...But time and time again they fail us,and feed us more excuses

I think "short amount of time" is hyperbole. It can take a few years for top draft picks to produce effectively to raise a team significantly in the NHL league standings.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think "short amount of time" is hyperbole. It can take a few years for top draft picks to produce effectively to raise a team significantly in the NHL league standings.
Having more money to invest in scouting both at the pro and junior level,also having money to make purposeful trades as well as FA signings..Add in high level coaching and management which again costs money...Would make the journey far less painful knowing full well there is a legit plan in place

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Having more money to invest in scouting both at the pro and junior level,also having money to make purposeful trades as well as FA signings..Add in high level coaching and management which again costs money...Would make the journey far less painful knowing full well there is a legit plan in place

No doubt improvement of the hockey operations department would help. We are in agreement there. I suppose the definition of "short amount of time" is the area where we may have a difference of opinion. I view that time-frame as 1 or 2 years. I doubt that the team can be turned around in that short a time frame given the lack of a first round pick this summer and the potential loss of Duchene, Stone and Dzingel due to their UFA situation and the "cost-cutting" strategy being employed now. The owner is serious - in terms of cost cutting. :) But I get your drift that serious means "winning mentality" not cutting costs! However even if this team spends to the cap, I doubt that it can be turned around within two years given the damage done so far by Melnyk and Dorion.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Even though we did poorly last season, we'd be in a fine position if we had money/commitment to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene, Stone and have our young players step up. Our big issue going forward would have been goaltending.

But we don't have the funds for anything.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, it's disheartening seeing what we could look like in 2019-20 had we rebuilt properly.

Tkachuk-Cozens/Dach/Hughes-Stone
Dzingel-White-Batherson
Chlapik-JGP-xxx
xxx-Paul-MPS

Lajoie-Karlsson
Girard-Chabot
Jaros-Harper
Boro

Once our 2019 1st begins getting their feet under them, we'd have a dangerous lineup all over.

Then whatever Hoffman gets you in a trade with regards to futures (assuming we don't make another insane trade)

We have Formenton ; and with some fairy dust we could have taken Comtois vs Bowers and have both of them slotting into that lineup. :)

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Might as well tank to get pick 32 and pick 62. Plus finishing last will show Dorion that serious changes are needed. They can carry that momentum into next seasons tank for Lafreniere.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
For a team in a rebuild.

Duchene <<<<Karlsson

or

Ott 1st 2019 >>> SJ 1st
Nsh 2nd 2018 < SJ 2nd
Ott 3rd 2018 < Balcers
Sam Girard >> Chris Tierny
Vladislav Kamenev < Dylan Demelo
Shane Bowers = Norris

It's sad looking at it both ways; what we could have instead of Duchene, and what we gave for Duchene vs what we got for Karlsson

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
For a team in a rebuild.

Duchene <<<<Karlsson

or

Ott 1st 2019 >>> SJ 1st
Nsh 2nd 2018 < SJ 2nd
Ott 3rd 2018 < Balcers
Sam Girard >> Chris Tierny
Vladislav Kamenev < Dylan Demelo
Shane Bowers = Norris

It's sad looking at it both ways; what we could have instead of Duchene, and what we gave for Duchene vs what we got for Karlsson

I think this one needs a few more arrows.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Tank this shit it would be nice to draft first overall after dealing with adversity for once.
f*** nvm guys forgot we traded the pick

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
:devdance::devdance:
Tank this **** it would be nice to draft first overall after dealing with adversity for once.
**** nvm guys forgot we traded the pick

The worst part, and I can’t emphasize this enough, is that with the lockout likely, these kids will get an extra year of development. The last time that happened was the Crosby draft.

And we are in line to finish in Crosby territory. :devdance:

Reactions: Beville

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Lowest point in franchise history that will likely just extend from now until summer 2020, assuming we aren't dumb enough to trade our first in that draft.

We are going to be mocked and humiliated for a very long time, and we won't be able to say a damn thing about it because everyone will be right in doing so.

I want to be a fan of this team but good lord this team really does its best to drive me away.

Reactions: Beville and Cosmix

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Settling in nicely it seems, time to rip the band aid off and make the for sale sign on the roster even bigger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad