The Inevitable tank thread. 1 is the loneliest number

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This could have been such a great time for the rebuild but all we can look forward to now is next season. We could lose Duchene and Stone and perhaps have a worse team next season. This season really seems like a waste of time. If you like hockey well then it is what it is, a long season hoping for the odd win but for the fans base it sucks. What would make someone want to buy season tickets next season knowing how bad management is? Seems like you would just be throwing your money away for 1 season. Melnyk said there will be more rookies in the line up next season.

I don't really care where we finish in the standings but I hope Colorado gets the first overall. We deserve it.

Edit: This could actually be the thread for next season.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
giphy.gif

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
On the plus, when the team sells off Stone, Duch, Dzingle est all and replaces them with overmatched rookies we will assuredly be in the hunt next year for a lottery pick, of course by the time that pick enters the team we will be selling off Chabot, Tkachuk etc...unless a miracle occurs and pennypincher finally relents.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
On the plus, when the team sells off Stone, Duch, Dzingle est all and replaces them with overmatched rookies we will assuredly be in the hunt next year for a lottery pick, of course by the time that pick enters the team we will be selling off Chabot, Tkachuk etc...unless a miracle occurs and pennypincher finally relents.
Considering for Duchene, Dzingle, and Stone we will end up with a 2nd, 2 4th rounders, a conditional 6th, and 6 roster players who have combined for 30 points seems like a tank train is inevitable.

maxresdefault.jpg

It sucks that as fans we already know to prepare for another tank next season.

I would argue though tanking is almost as exciting as almost making the playoffs.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Who’s going 1st overall next year? Never too early to start getting excited.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who’s going 1st overall next year? Never too early to start getting excited.
Laf, Byfield, Holtz and Raymond all look good, will all be lottery worthy selections.

That is great for us, but missing out on Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Dach/Podkolzin is a shot in the gut, they are all top 5 picks last year.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Laf, Byfield, Holtz and Raymond all look good, will all be lottery worthy selections.

That is great for us, but missing out on Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Dach/Podkolzin is a shot in the gut, they are all top 5 picks last year.

So you know more than I do about prospects. In your opinion would you have done what the Sens did past draft. Still draft Tkachuk over any of those guys?

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what we get for Stone and Duchene, but I'm also scared. What absolutely can not happen, under any circumstances, is the team prioritizing low-ceiling depth over higher ceiling returns. We don't need a Boedker or Tierney or DeMelo. We need prospects with impact potential.

We also can't eliminate half the teams in the league due to some ill-conceived notion that they shouldn't be trading inside the conference.

Reactions: Silencio

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If this team and ownership were serious about getting better,then we could turn things around in a short amount of time...But time and time again they fail us,and feed us more excuses

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So you know more than I do about prospects. In your opinion would you have done what the Sens did past draft. Still draft Tkachuk over any of those guys?
I don't know enough about Podkolzin, but I like the other guys better for sure, which I said both prior to and after we had Tkachuk. I wanted to give up the pick, which I let known, prior to the draft. Tkachuk has looked very good thus far.

Huge #1 C's in Cozens and Dach, and then 2 franchise level talents in Kakko and Hughes. Then guys like Byram and Zegras outside the top 5. I'd have given up the pick and shot for a top 4 pick, and then had one of those guys to fall back on. A gamble, but with the team we have (minus Tkachuk) I see no way we would pick outside the top 5.

Tkachuk has been great for us, no complaints from me with him, but yeah I'd definitely prefer the guys in the top end of this draft over him, no hindsight or wishful thinking, I've said this since the past Jan-Feb.

I didn't want Tkachuk and wanted others over him (Dobson/Kotkaniemi), so he's proven that he's a very good player already and I may have a bias in my reasoning.

According to Dorion the only guy he'd consider over Tkachuk was Hughes, though not sure I believe that, and definitely don't agree with it.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You have to do what they did at the time. Because tkachuk was ours if we wanted and the future is totally unpredictable.
And....it could even turn out that tkachuk has as good of a career as any of those guys.
Couldn’t/shouldn’t have traded in tkachuk for a shot at something else.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I will maintain Tkachuk is a good piece to add to a rebuilding team or any team for that matter. Selling the farm on Duchene (we'll see what he does) was a huge risk and a terrible assessment of where we were as a team, and brutal asset management... Just look where we are now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I will maintain Tkachuk is a good piece to add to a rebuilding team or any team for that matter. Selling the farm on Duchene (we'll see what he does) was a huge risk and a terrible assessment of where we were as a team, and brutal asset management... Just look where we are now.
Yeah, it's disheartening seeing what we could look like in 2019-20 had we rebuilt properly.

Tkachuk-Cozens/Dach/Hughes-Stone
Dzingel-White-Batherson
Chlapik-JGP-xxx
xxx-Paul-MPS

Lajoie-Karlsson
Girard-Chabot
Jaros-Harper
Boro

Once our 2019 1st begins getting their feet under them, we'd have a dangerous lineup all over.

Then whatever Hoffman gets you in a trade with regards to futures (assuming we don't make another insane trade)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If this team and ownership were serious about getting better,then we could turn things around in a short amount of time...But time and time again they fail us,and feed us more excuses

They are feeding the fans more than excuses. BS is the name of the Senators management game!

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad