The Inevitable tank thread. 1 is the loneliest number

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we get a pick in the late first do you think we will have a shot at Arthur Kaliyev from Hamilton? Might be the best shot I’ve seen on a kid at that level, ever.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If we get a pick in the late first do you think we will have a shot at Arthur Kaliyev from Hamilton? Might be the best shot I’ve seen on a kid at that level, ever.

Is he Russian? If so... My guess would be a sad no.

I’d be surprised if during the Melnyk era we see another Russian born Ottawa Senator.

Stoopid global diplomacy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is he Russian? If so... My guess would be a sad no.

I’d be surprised if during the Melnyk era we see another Russian born Ottawa Senator.

Stoopid global diplomacy.
I think he’s Russian born but American citizen. Played North American hockey well before junior. I think. Unless I’m reading something wrong

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone think this team gets out of the bottom 3 for the remaining portion of the year? Gun to my head id say yes but it will be close

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone think this team gets out of the bottom 3 for the remaining portion of the year? Gun to my head id say yes but it will be close

Well you figure they'll put a little streak together at some point.

Soon enough there will be no pressure at all. The top teams will be taking things easy . . . bad teams can always make a little push at the end of the year.

Will it get them outa last? Maybe. I don't think they're so bad that they'll be a dozen points behind everyone else at the end of the year. Usually the wrost teams are clustered up by the end.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He’ll go top 10 - 15 for sure.

Scout told me he is very lazy. So who knows, he may drop. I would be shocked if the sens dont have atleast one maybe two late firsts by the draft. Which atleast means they can take a shot at a hit or miss prospect like him. I do believe he wont go past 15 as well.

Absolutely not they are only going to get worse from here on out.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

If Chabot and Anderson come back soon and then we stay healthy I say we end up about 5-6th last. A lot depends how much longer we have Stone and Duchene. But I'm going to say that we break the slump soon and play slightly above .500 the rest of the way. End up with 77 points, good for 5th last.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Speaking of tanking I just realized that Mark Borowiecki is going to be 30 this year. Can't believe we've kept this guy for this long.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Will probably go in the top-20.
Russian born (I know he came over to NA early, but I bet this still matters)
Has the "lazy" tag already, kinda the opposite of who the Sens go for early in the draft.

One of the last guys from this draft that fits the Sens MO. We probably should take a shot on him if we can, but I'd bet almost anything that they don't.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If Chabot and Anderson come back soon and then we stay healthy I say we end up about 5-6th last. A lot depends how much longer we have Stone and Duchene. But I'm going to say that we break the slump soon and play slightly above .500 the rest of the way. End up with 77 points, good for 5th last.

For a team that has played .407 up to this point of the season (just past half a season) I don't have the same expectations of them playing anywhere near .500 for the rest of the season, as you have.

To finish "the rest of the way" at .500, they'd have to accumulate 39 points. They'd have to win, in regulation somewhere around 15 games, and have an additional 9 loser points ...... or a similar combination to get 39 points.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Speaking of tanking I just realized that Mark Borowiecki is going to be 30 this year. Can't believe we've kept this guy for this long.
The only two d-men left from the 2017 run are Boro and Ceci lmao.

The organization's love for these two terrible d-men is not just a meme. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they're here longer than Chabot too.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

That's fair, I believe prior to the season I had them with a similar finish to last year 67-70 pts for roughly bottom 3, I agree alot relies on the seeming impending giveaway of our top players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->