The Inaugural Jersey Discussion Thread

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was reading through the spec's on these Adidas jersey's, they seem to vastly improve on where the Edge left off in terms of lightweight material and catering to the players.

That being said, the people in China that make the bootlegs have ALOT of work ahead of them to even try to come close. Not that the current bootlegs are all that great, but these Adidas ones will stick out like crazy when people wear them.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I wonder what they're gonna do about gloves, and I would suspect we won't know for sure until either they have the captains out there doing publicity shots in full gear, or preseason even. Never thought their gloves matched up quite right with the sweaters from the last several seasons. Specifically the green-red-gold combo. Straight up green and white (or wheat, I guess) would look a lot more slick.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Where'd you hear that?

From a poster on sportslogos who has seen all the jerseys and he confirmed this was close when asked about the striping. Did supply a lot of believable info in general.

Last edited:

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Doesn't seem to fit the latest teaser of the shoulder patch...

[Tweet]876819615690629121[/MEDIA]

Thats the patch yeah, the concept was matching the description of the overall layout.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
The 7 and the W look really odd on the first two pics.

Yeh those 7's are not accurate at all. The state of hockey store has several game used Stewart jerseys and the 7 doesn't look like that.

On a side note has anyone ever bought a game used jersey and taken the nameplate off and had heritage embroidery in stillwater put a new nameplate on? At $250 for a Sutter jersey I think it'd be cheaper than buying a new authentic jersey and having my name and number sewn on after.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
So.... Russo says the jerseys will be revealed at 9pm-ish tonight. All the old info I can find said they'd be revealed at the draft, then at the awards show. Did they really change the reveal date twice, or am I just an old confused person :huh:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So.... Russo says the jerseys will be revealed at 9pm-ish tonight. All the old info I can find said they'd be revealed at the draft, then at the awards show. Did they really change the reveal date twice, or am I just an old confused person :huh:

Everything I'd read until like yesterday said the reveal would be at the awards show, so I'm confused as well. Not that I'd be disappointed if they reveal them earlier, and it'd make more sense than cramming everything into tomorrow night.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Everything I'd read until like yesterday said the reveal would be at the awards show, so I'm confused as well. Not that I'd be disappointed if they reveal them earlier, and it'd make more sense than cramming everything into tomorrow night.

I mean, all the teaser videos say "6.20.17".... so I wonder if someone got it wrong early on, and they've been trying to play it off this whole time :help:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I thought I read from some reputable source on Twitter that the homes would be unveiled tonight and the aways tomorrow. Don't quote me on that though.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
DCzXVeYUwAAsWZL.jpg:large

Seems we've moved the double stripe from the previous green to the arms and filled in the middle with red (oddly), added a Habs style center stripe, and finished it off with striping the bottom edge so they don't look barren.

I'm ok with it from this view. Filling the arm stripe space with red might take some getting used to though...

I think the Knights jersey would look alright without the red. Get rid of the red from their colors and it would be fine. But no, gotta complicate it.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
DCzXVeYUwAAsWZL.jpg:large

Seems we've moved the double stripe from the previous green to the arms and filled in the middle with red (oddly), added a Habs style center stripe, and finished it off with striping the bottom edge so they don't look barren.

I'm ok with it from this view. Filling the arm stripe space with red might take some getting used to though...

I think the Knights jersey would look alright without the red. Get rid of the red from their colors and it would be fine. But no, gotta complicate it.

It could have been a lot worse.

I'm so happy they didn't add a thick red stripe anywhere.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Think I'll have to see it in person. I'm not a fan of the stripe with my initial opinion. I get that it's there to make the logo stand out more, just meh in the little picture.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Glad it isn't red. But the stripe is too busy in the center with the logo. Should have been on the bottom of the jersey. What about the home jerseys? The stripe can't be green, because the logo would disappear into it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Glad it isn't red. But the stripe is too busy in the center with the logo. Should have been on the bottom of the jersey. What about the home jerseys? The stripe can't be green, because the logo would disappear into it.

This IS the home jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad