The Inaugural Jersey Discussion Thread

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Nothing about that teaser that I really hate, so I'm good so far.

Looking at some of the other teasers, the Wild has probably the most drastic style change. Should be interesting to see the whole thing.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting place to put a line. Maybe it's just a mockup of all the elements together?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I'm on-board with the teaser. Manbearpig front & center. No more crests or script. Just show the logo. Curious if the jerseys will have a secondary logo. Primary color swap is back to green as it always should have been. Christmas is dead. :thumbu:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
As for the rest of the league.... it's kind of odd that the Wild may end up having the best re-design. From the swatches available, it looks like a lot of teams that could've/should've used this opportunity to re-do their sweaters just totally dropped the ball. Ottawa springs to mind, and the Sabres sticking with the darker blue is puzzling. Colorado not switching logos as speculated, NJ and Calgary foregoing the suggested retro movement, and so on.

But at least the Wild should look cool :D

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Rest assured, the minds in charge of this are marketing folks. They know how to milk this kind of stuff for all it's worth. I'm sure there's some sort of formula somewhere for maximum anticipation + teasers = insane amount of sales.

Of course, if this mini-reveal proves anything, it's that the "marketing folks" and "design folks" are not the same people :D

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Only *slight* gripe is that I liked the cream color on the shoulders of the Stadium Series jersey, and was hoping that'd carry over to this one, but I guess they just moved it to the midsection as a stripe.

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
Only *slight* gripe is that I liked the cream color on the shoulders of the Stadium Series jersey, and was hoping that'd carry over to this one, but I guess they just moved it to the midsection as a stripe.

I like it better this way. I'm a big fan of the current greens. I think they'd be perfect without the shoulder piping and if they changed the script logo to the main logo. And I'm all aboard the wheat-away-jersey train. My dream jerseys would look something like these:

20041_1.jpg

(Obviously, change the red to green for away jerseys)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looks like the same lettering they've used on the green thirds. Looks fine so far.

CLOSE, but not quite the same...

Look at the W in the Wild teaser and compare it to the W on a Wild Authentic Green Stewart Jersey...

wild_073.jpg

It doesn't match the Stadium Series W either...

wild_231.jpg

It best matches the lettering style on the road white sweaters...

WILD_STARS_HOCKEY_43491479.JPG

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
CLOSE, but not quite the same...

Look at the W in the Wild teaser and compare it to the W on a Wild Authentic Green Stewart Jersey...

wild_073.jpg

It doesn't match the Stadium Series W either...

wild_231.jpg

It best matches the lettering style on the road white sweaters...

WILD_STARS_HOCKEY_43491479.JPG

Hadn't thought to compare the W. I was mostly comparing the top of the D to the P on a Parise nameplate. I do see subtle differences either way, but it's close.

I also get the feeling from the various previews that jerseys league-wide are going to be a little more minimalist...but I guess it's hard to say from what little we've been shown.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hadn't thought to compare the W. I was mostly comparing the top of the D to the P on a Parise nameplate. I do see subtle differences either way, but it's close.

I also get the feeling from the various previews that jerseys league-wide are going to be a little more minimalist...but I guess it's hard to say from what little we've been shown.
Yeah, the rest of the nameplate is pretty much the same, but there is very little variety in the overall letters between all 3 of last seasons sweaters. This just brings in the entire alphabet tighter in type-set.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I like it better this way. I'm a big fan of the current greens. I think they'd be perfect without the shoulder piping and if they changed the script logo to the main logo. And I'm all aboard the wheat-away-jersey train. My dream jerseys would look something like these:

20041_1.jpg

(Obviously, change the red to green for away jerseys)

Yeah, fair enough. And agree that the "wheat" color for aways would be beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad