The Inaugural Jersey Discussion Thread

Wabit

May 23, 2016
One of the reasons our current green jerseys look nice is because they don't have the main logo on them.

That logo immediately makes the jersey look busy.

If they go with green as primary they will probably remove the script and add the logo. Hopefully it will look better than the previous green's did. Its hard to tell if it was the logo or the red/gold lines that made them look bad.

I prefer it without either logo (crest or the squirrel? head). The Minnesota script on the green makes a nice and clean clean jersey.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gotta stick with the green... It's crazy how many NHL jerseys are red/blue.

Might as well name the league Red vs. Blue and give Rooster Teeth a profit-sharing deal.

Yeah, that's pretty common among all the sports, though. Blue and red are just very accessible colors, I guess.

For the hell of it (and because I'm kneeling out the clock here at work :laugh:) I ran threw a few leagues and just quickly looked at all the teams, and picked the first color that comes to mind when I think of that team's uniforms.

I did the NFL, MLB, NHL, and EPL

NFL
RED - 6
PURPLE - 2
BLUE - 14
ORANGE - 3
GREEN - 3
BLACK - 4

20/32 Blue or Red - 62.5%

MLB
ORANGE - 3
RED - 10
BLACK - 2
BLUE - 13
GREEN - 1
PURPLE - 1
BLACK - 1

23/30 Blue or Red - 76.67%

NHL
BLACK - 4
RED - 10
BLUE - 12
GREEN - 2
YELLOW - 2
ORANGE - 1

22/31 Blue or Red - 70.96%

EPL
BLUE - 6
RED - 10
WHITE - 1
YELLOW - 1
BLACK - 1
ORANGE - 1

16/20 Blue or Red - 80%

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I prefer it without either logo (crest or the squirrel? head). The Minnesota script on the green makes a nice and clean clean jersey.

I do too, just don't think they would be willing to completely remove the primary logo on what would be the primary jersey.

With the current 3rd they can rationalize not using the logo because it is a "special" jersey.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Red is the most succesful color, black is good, too. Green is just meh.
I personally like blue the most.

You shouldn't be suprised that blue and red are the most chosen ones.
Again, what are the colors of the national flags in North America?

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, that's pretty common among all the sports, though. Blue and red are just very accessible colors, I guess.

For the hell of it (and because I'm kneeling out the clock here at work :laugh:) I ran threw a few leagues and just quickly looked at all the teams, and picked the first color that comes to mind when I think of that team's uniforms.

I did the NFL, MLB, NHL, and EPL

NFL
RED - 6
PURPLE - 2
BLUE - 14
ORANGE - 3
GREEN - 3
BLACK - 4

20/32 Blue or Red - 62.5%

MLB
ORANGE - 3
RED - 10
BLACK - 2
BLUE - 13
GREEN - 1
PURPLE - 1
BLACK - 1

23/30 Blue or Red - 76.67%

NHL
BLACK - 4
RED - 10
BLUE - 12
GREEN - 2
YELLOW - 2
ORANGE - 1

22/31 Blue or Red - 70.96%

EPL
BLUE - 6
RED - 10
WHITE - 1
YELLOW - 1
BLACK - 1
ORANGE - 1

16/20 Blue or Red - 80%

you do the EPL but not the NBA?!?! lol i hate the NBA as much as anyone, but if we are exploring top color choices in pro sports we can't leave them out.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
you do the EPL but not the NBA?!?! lol i hate the NBA as much as anyone, but if we are exploring top color choices in pro sports we can't leave them out.

Eh, I don't think I know the NBA well enough to just look at the team name and instantly know their color scheme.

I could get all the big ones, but like, the Sacramento Kings. No idea. Purple still? New Orleans is like a blue/teal I think.

Point being, I would have had to do some googling, and that was more effort than I was willing to put in :laugh:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Wondering when we'll hear some more about all this? Seems like the All Star Weekend would be the perfect time, but now I'm guessing we'll have to wait till the draft :(

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Everyone would be PISSED if they added advertisements to NHL jerseys.

Bettman announces no jersey ads and gets a collective "meh" from fans.

Guy can't win. :laugh:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Weird how quiet things have been on the new sweaters front. I'd think there would've been more leaks by now, especially since you've got to assume they're going to want the new threads by draft day... right? :dunno: Obviously a lot happens between now and then, but still. I know it takes a long time to develop and manufacture stuff on this scale, so they have to be working on it now; I'm just surprised none of the re-designs have been leaked on twitter or whatever.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Responding to the question: "Last time we ever see the Red jersey tonight?"

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I must say, as an old North Star fan it was fabulous to see those jerseys. Had always hoped we'd see them again.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Discovered at the game last night all jerseys were 50% off for a few days, ending last night. I would assume because of the new jerseys next year. I was really hoping to snag a white Spurgeon jersey since I don't have a white one, but there were only a handful of players with any left last night, so no luck. Maybe I should have gone with just a blank jersey, I don't know, because that was one dang good sale.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Discovered at the game last night all jerseys were 50% off for a few days, ending last night. I would assume because of the new jerseys next year. I was really hoping to snag a white Spurgeon jersey since I don't have a white one, but there were only a handful of players with any left last night, so no luck. Maybe I should have gone with just a blank jersey, I don't know, because that was one dang good sale.

I tried to check out the Hockey Lodge after the game on Sunday, but it was too swamped and I had my infant son with me, so I didn't bother. I'm sure there will be other sales with the new threads coming out and all.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

The sale is the same on the stateofhockeystore.com too, you could probably order one on there!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Teasers for the new jerseys are being posted on Twitter. Minnesota's is actually one of the more interesting ones, limited as it is:

So a large version of the main logo, large horizontal white stripe across the chest (?), dark green jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad