The Inaugural Jersey Discussion Thread

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Hey does anyone have experiences with getting the Hockey Lodge to do customization for you? I was just thinking how I wouldn't mind getting a name/number on the jersey I just bought from Total Hockey, since I got it for so cheap (and it's blank). If it's not too awfully expensive (and the quality is good) I might just go for it.

Oh also, it is a Stadium Series jersey; anybody know if they keep nameplates/numbers on hand for that, or if it would be an expensive special order?

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
I hope you got a bunch of that cash for that Stamkos, probably one of the few jerseys you might be able to sell on these days. Market is crap.

I did, a moderate bunch I guess.. Meigray bought it back for a little less than they would sell it for

Add McGrattan to the sold list, and Moss, Nystrom's and Cammalleri jerseys are on ebay

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I got a white Parise one... kinda regretting that decision now. I thought he'd be the safest pick lol

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Can't wait to see Vegas' new jersey. They're either going to be great... Or epically bad.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Still wondering when we'll find out when/if Wild decide to overhaul their sweaters. I remember talk a while ago about them switching to green as primary again, and that the reds are looking a little dated. Haven't heard much, though. Wonder if they're gonna put it off for the 20th anniversary, or if we'll get at least some tweaks before then.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Still wondering when we'll find out when/if Wild decide to overhaul their sweaters. I remember talk a while ago about them switching to green as primary again, and that the reds are looking a little dated. Haven't heard much, though. Wonder if they're gonna put it off for the 20th anniversary, or if we'll get at least some tweaks before then.

Keep them as is... the best jerseys are the ones that are there for a LONG TIME. Stop with switching things up. We have a good look now, so go with it.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting... Our Home Red may be retired, and the Home Green might get a re-vamp.

Russo:
Uniform mandate

Multiple sources tell the Star Tribune that all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms.

There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.

The Wild is in the midst of deciding whether to go with red or green home sweaters. If the Wild chooses green, which sounds probable, the jersey likely will be slightly redesigned from the current third jersey.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Take it for what it's worth, but I have a friend who was shown the new Wild Adidas jerseys by someone in the Wild front office. The greens will look quite a bit different than they do now.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Take it for what it's worth, but I have a friend who was shown the new Wild Adidas jerseys by someone in the Wild front office. The greens will look quite a bit different than they do now.

Different good, different bad or just different?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I have heard that Adidas wants to work in their three stripe logo to the jerseys in one way or another.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
While I prefer the greens over the reds, I'm still not a huge fan of Forest Green. I would like to see the green color move closer to the North Dakota or Dallas Stars greens.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Not sure. He description to me was that there was a few additional "wheat" color horizontal stripes.

The Wild has been fairly good with their jersey design, so hopefully it's an improvement. I know when the NHL switched to the Reebok Edge jerseys the Wild tweaked the reds to include the piping below the shoulders. Hopefully any changes are welcome or at least tolerable.

I have heard that Adidas wants to work in their three stripe logo to the jerseys in one way or another.

After seeing the World Cup jerseys, I was kind of afraid of that.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Gotta stick with the green... It's crazy how many NHL jerseys are red/blue.

Might as well name the league Red vs. Blue and give Rooster Teeth a profit-sharing deal.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
http://www.startribune.com/red-or-g...wild-has-to-choose-whats-your-pick/410129805/

There's a link to the StarTribunes article about it. Theres also a poll to vote on in there between the green / red / or something new. I dont know if it will have much of an impact on the final decision, but it couldn't hurt to do it.

But think about it.. we have the opportunity to no longer be Christmas on Ice... when you think of the wilderness, are you really thinking about the color red? Im not. Its time to ditch the reds.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
One of the reasons our current green jerseys look nice is because they don't have the main logo on them.

That logo immediately makes the jersey look busy.

If they go with green as primary they will probably remove the script and add the logo. Hopefully it will look better than the previous green's did. Its hard to tell if it was the logo or the red/gold lines that made them look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad