Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Everything I say is a stroke of genius

giphy.gif

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Did you see how slow Strome was vs the Yotes? He’s a sloth on ice, when you watched that game did you not see that Schmaltz was SO MUCH superior of a player? Tell me what you saw that game please
Strome = 20pts in 26GP
Schmaltz = 22pts in 32GP

One game means jack, and Schmlatz probably gave a shit for a game (ex-team), for once.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I don't understand the frequent referencing of Duclair here like he's some enigma. He played 23 games for the Hawks and put up 8 points. He was given a chance here and we ended up moving on, no big deal either way. Unless people are seriously missing his 88 points in the 179 games he's played since we moved on.
My understanding of this thread is to post the goings on of past Hawks.
Granted Duclair wasn't with the team for long but for me personally with all the flack he seemed to receive from Arizona and Columbus and to some degree Chicago I find it kind of cool that he has resurrected his career in Ottawa.
I would have liked the Hawks to have held onto him but again he most likely wouldn't have found his game here like he has with the Sens given the situations.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My understanding of this thread is to post the goings on of past Hawks.
Granted Duclair wasn't with the team for long but for me personally with all the flack he seemed to receive from Arizona and Columbus and to some degree Chicago I find it kind of cool that he has resurrected his career in Ottawa.
I would have liked the Hawks to have held onto him but again he most likely wouldn't have found his game here like he has with the Sens given the situations.

Fair enough

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
15 goals in 32 games for Duclair. I think he is enjoying Ottawa.... and good for him.
After tonight he's at 18 in 33 games for a 44 goal pace.
I think it's the fact that it's a young team with no expectations and a coach who knows how to work young players into buying in and playing the right way .. at least most nights!
JC's issue is the team had a core 5 guys who know better than him and well frankly have been there done that and just don't have the inner fire any longer to persevere through a long season to make it to the PO's.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
After tonight he's at 18 in 33 games for a 44 goal pace.
I think it's the fact that it's a young team with no expectations and a coach who knows how to work young players into buying in and playing the right way .. at least most nights!
JC's issue is the team had a core 5 guys who know better than him and well frankly have been there done that and just don't have the inner fire any longer to persevere through a long season to make it to the PO's.
This is the scenario that worked for him his previous good year in AZ. And that was helped by a good line working. But both just poor non contender teams with anything at top 6 RW set for him to just play a lot more open.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
This is the scenario that worked for him his previous good year in AZ. And that was helped by a good line working. But both just poor non contender teams with anything at top 6 RW set for him to just play a lot more open.
He's a few years older now and perhaps wiser. He looks to be getting a good 20 points more this year than that year in Arizona. He should be somewhere in the 60-70 point range if he keeps it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig