The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
you dont need to blame others and make up fake stats for nylander. he will be just fine. your views on the team could not have been more wrong from the beginning of last season until now but thats okay your not wrong about nylander yet there is still time!

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's too hard to do. It could be as simple as bad luck, or Nylander missing shifts with them, so he's out there with other guys(JC has kept his minutes down in comparison to those other two). I think Nylander spent some time on some garbage lines that got beat to hell, too, at points in the last 8 games. Never a good stat to look at, and even harder to rationalize how the above happens, without going back and looking at every goal scored over the past 8 games. It could be as simple as Nylander just hasn't changed because he's not in a position to, and Toews and Saad have. It's just hard to say, which is why that is such a garbage stat.

LOL... let's not pretend that Nyles is playing well. I'm not giving up on him in any way but he's been okay at best. He needs to find another gear but he is still essentially a rookie.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
LOL... let's not pretend that Nyles is playing well. I'm not giving up on him in any way but he's been okay at best. He needs to find another gear but he is still essentially a rookie.

Where did I pretend anything? I'm trying to rationalize a horse shit stat that is impossible to rationalize because of all kinds of different reasons. It's the most misleading stat in pro sports. I get a plus or minus for stepping on the ice 3 seconds before a goal is scored.

And he was better than "ok" tonight...

And yes, he's a rookie. There is no essentially. He just is one.

Reactions: d rake

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Agreed. He hasn't been great, has been disappointing considering how he played earlier this year compared to where he is at right now, but not giving up on him as it is still his first full season in the NHL.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Agreed. He hasn't been great, has been disappointing considering how he played earlier this year compared to where he is at right now, but not giving up on him as it is still his first full season in the NHL.
I thought he was pretty good last night. There was one sequence where he made three great plays, including two nice passes that the captain couldn’t convert. I’m not giving up on him either. I think he can become a consistent 25 goal scorer and a decent 2nd liner.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I thought he was pretty good last night. There was one sequence where he made three great plays, including two nice passes that the captain couldn’t convert. I’m not giving up on him either. I think he can become a consistent 25 goal scorer and a decent 2nd liner.
He played better last night, still made some pretty big mistakes though, which is forgivable for a rookie. But last night was one of his better games in the last 15 or so.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
For those people who bitch about the Hawks never signing Kevin Hayes after his Junior year you should listen to the latest Spittin Chiclets. Hayes he openly admits that his injury during his junior year was career threatening and he was told there was a good chance he would never play again. He had to learn to walk again. He also said that he and his agent talked about sign with the Hawks after his junior year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
For those people who ***** about the Hawks never signing Kevin Hayes after his Junior year you should listen to the latest Spittin Chiclets. Hayes he openly admits that his injury during his junior year was career threatening and he was told there was a good chance he would never play again. He had to learn to walk again. He also said that he and his agent talked about sign with the Hawks after his junior year.
But did he talk about his public pooping incidents? He was injured and still immature

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Well .. Duclair with 2 G and 1A in a win against Boston last night.
He now has 22 points ( same as our Debrincat ) and is one shy of Pageau for the lead on the Sens.
Guy has found his game. Just needed the minutes and the trust of the coach.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't understand the frequent referencing of Duclair here like he's some enigma. He played 23 games for the Hawks and put up 8 points. He was given a chance here and we ended up moving on, no big deal either way. Unless people are seriously missing his 88 points in the 179 games he's played since we moved on.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't understand the frequent referencing of Duclair here like he's some enigma. He played 23 games for the Hawks and put up 8 points. He was given a chance here and we ended up moving on, no big deal either way. Unless people are seriously missing his 88 points in the 179 games he's played since we moved on.

A lot of people here liked what they saw and wanted him brought back. He was dirt cheap and the Hawks didn’t get a long enough look at him due to the injury. It didn’t make any sense whatsoever to let him go at the time. The team needed speed and offense.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A lot of people here liked what they saw and wanted him brought back. He was dirt cheap and the Hawks didn’t get a long enough look at him due to the injury. It didn’t make any sense whatsoever to let him go at the time. The team needed speed and offense.

Even with his 22 points in 31 games this year I wouldn't want him back. We have enough "wait and see" guys on this roster as is. I'm happy he's sticking in the NHL though and seems to have found some success in Ottawa

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Even with his 22 points in 31 games this year I wouldn't want him back. We have enough "wait and see" guys on this roster as is. I'm happy he's sticking in the NHL though and seems to have found some success in Ottawa

It’s not a major loss, he seems like 50 point middle six type like Kahun. But damn, choosing Kunitz over him was bad.

Reactions: hawksrule

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Not with Duclair's speed and offensive skill we don't. The main reason he didn't fit in with Q was the club already had too many players who had trouble checking their suitcase .... not much has changed actually.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not with Duclair's speed and offensive skill we don't. The main reason he didn't fit in with Q was the club already had too many players who had trouble checking their suitcase .... not much has changed actually.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Perlini though? Or a bunch of other middling players who were never going to be anything significant in the NHL.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Couldn't you say the same thing about Perlini though? Or a bunch of other middling players who were never going to be anything significant in the NHL.
Duclair always showed more than Perlini to me. But the circumstances were different for Perlini. We have decent forward depth this year where we didn't need him. We had garbage last year to start the year where keeping Duclair would have been fine. Not sure he would have got the chances he has in Ottawa though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad