The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I still hate that we didn't even bother to qualify Duclair...I mean we qualified Perlini and it was obvious from day one of preseason he was not going to be on this team very long...hard to believe they couldn't have received any return for Duclair, he always had upside...

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I still hate that we didn't even bother to qualify Duclair...I mean we qualified Perlini and it was obvious from day one of preseason he was not going to be on this team very long...hard to believe they couldn't have received any return for Duclair, he always had upside...
If I recall correctly the qualifying number on Duclair was 1.5 and he ended up signing for 750K so we would have had to double what he was paid.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If I recall correctly the qualifying number on Duclair was 1.5 and he ended up signing for 750K so we would have had to double what he was paid.

Forgot his QO was that much, but Stan also sat on over 5 million in cap space to start the year and never used any of it. Pat and Eddie said on an old broadcast that Duclair made a comment to the media about ice time and that's why he wasn't brought back...apparently only Seabrook can complain to the media about ice time...

Reactions: d rake

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Debrincat-Strome-Duclair woulda been nice in the O-zone, but a nightmare defensively :laugh:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Q played him as a 3rd liner when he was here, (around 13mins/game). Considering he didn't play very well, that is a decent amount.

Q put him right on the top line when he got here. Same with Dano. Duclair is probably having a year he would only have in Ottawa where there are no expectations this year and they lack depth so he's getting quality ice time. With the way Foley and Eddie have talked about Duclair in the past it seems like he ticked off management with comments about ice time to the media.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think people are reading way too much into Duclair's season... He's still not a very good hockey player. His stat line is very similar to what Brandon Pirri did on a really bad Florida team several years ago.

Duclair will fall back down to earth. I would almost guarantee it. SOMEBODY has to score on really bad hockey teams. Just so happens....that's Duclair right now.

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
I'm just glad Kahun and Hayden are gone. Kahun is way over rated and Hayden is suppose to be a physical presence guy.......whatever.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
They are 15-18-3
3rd worst in East , 5th worst in NHL
They do still suck
Just not as badly as people thought they would
Not nearly as badly!

Q put him right on the top line when he got here. Same with Dano. Duclair is probably having a year he would only have in Ottawa where there are no expectations this year and they lack depth so he's getting quality ice time. With the way Foley and Eddie have talked about Duclair in the past it seems like he ticked off management with comments about ice time to the media.
I agree .. he is getting quality ice time and has been given the room to be "the guy ". Point is he is being " The Guy "
Which is easier said than done.

I think people are reading way too much into Duclair's season... He's still not a very good hockey player. His stat line is very similar to what Brandon Pirri did on a really bad Florida team several years ago.
Duclair will fall back down to earth. I would almost guarantee it. SOMEBODY has to score on really bad hockey teams. Just so happens....that's Duclair right now.
I don't know .. he may fall back down to earth but my bet is he keeps on going and puts up a banner year and get's paid.
Not in the 6 M range but certainly in the 4 to 5 range.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, I know :), you and BWC are like two peas in a pod when it comes to defending Q. Even now that he is in Florida.
And you are still here railing on him, now that he's in Florida, and who brought Q up? I simply asked what issue you had with how Q managed him? Put him in favourable positions, with favourable ice time, but he still sucked. Torts couldn't get through to him either.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
And you are still here railing on him, now that he's in Florida, and who brought Q up? I simply asked what issue you had with how Q managed him? Put him in favourable positions, with favourable ice time, but he still sucked. Torts couldn't get through to him either.

hmmmm ... two old school coaches vs a new school coach ... I wonder .... nahhh!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ If anyone believes Duclair was given a legit shot here then I don't know what to say. He played 23 games with a poor team under Q's microscope. Even though he was a skilled offensive player, he was thrust mostly into a checking role. He had no chance in Chicago.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
/\ If anyone believes Duclair was given a legit shot here then I don't know what to say. He played 23 games with a poor team under Q's microscope. Even though he was a skilled offensive player, he was thrust mostly into a checking role. He had no chance in Chicago.
His most common linemate was Toews then Debrincat... he was not head down in some checking role at all.

Perhaps if you're just focused on the last 6 games he played, and somehow remeber that as if that represented mostly you would see his role as a checking role.

Duclair CHI 1718 Overview

Theres always plenty of video and data to look up facts about information being said here. We dont have to result to the biased judgments based on preconceived coaching views.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Andrew Ladd recalled by Islanders. He had 9 points in 19 games in the A.

Separately, I noticed Kevin Hayes wearing an A for the Flyers last night. Struck me as odd for a first-year guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad