The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
And just like Perlini, in 2-3 more games he’ll go stone cold, and disappear for the next 20.
I don't know .. you may be right but I see Duclair as the better player compared with Perlini.
He's going at a .59 ppg pace and is neck and neck with Tkachuk with less ice time.
He may always be inconsistent but I think he's going to earn himself a half decent contract end of the year.
I would still have liked him to have been retained by the Hawks. I think he'll turn out.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It's taken 13 games for Richard Panik to get on the score sheet for Washington Capitals.

What a serious disappointment he has been since the 16/17 season.

I really liked Panik at first. He's another guy who just couldn't put it all together.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't know .. you may be right but I see Duclair as the better player compared with Perlini.
He's going at a .59 ppg pace and is neck and neck with Tkachuk with less ice time.
He may always be inconsistent but I think he's going to earn himself a half decent contract end of the year.
I would still have liked him to have been retained by the Hawks. I think he'll turn out.

I think Duclair is better than Perlini too.

That speed alone in the bottom six is something other teams need to account for in their gameplan. More so than Zach Smith at the very least

Reactions: crazyhawk

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Kinda wish we kept Duclair. Wonder how he'd do under Colliton. I didn't see a problem with keeping him for 750K.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think the reason Duclair is succeeding so far in Ottawa is a combination of things ...
A bright new coach who knows how to work with young players.
He has been given a top six role seeing as the team is in a major rebuild.
Last but not least I would think that with Ottawa being his 5th team in just a few short years that it's now or never.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Remember when we all were pretty happy and psyched about Hartman?

Seems so long ago and he isn't doing much in Minny at this point

22 GP
2 Goals
2 Assists
4 pts

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Remember when we all were pretty happy and psyched about Hartman?

Seems so long ago and he isn't doing much in Minny at this point

22 GP
2 Goals
2 Assists
4 pts

If that happened, it didn't last long. Most of us had no (or few) qualms when Hartman was traded. There was always the chance that he could blossom but that's usually the case when a young player is traded away.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This org does a pretty good job knowing when to cut bait with a young player and get value before they're seen for what they are...Rarely have they willingly traded a kid away without cap reasons and been burned...Danault is probably the biggest one...I still don't understand that trade given how much the org seemed to like him before he turned pro...Barry Smith was a big fan iirc

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
This org does a pretty good job knowing when to cut bait with a young player and get value before they're seen for what they are...Rarely have they willingly traded a kid away without cap reasons and been burned...Danault is probably the biggest one...I still don't understand that trade given how much the org seemed to like him before he turned pro...Barry Smith was a big fan iirc
They wanted to load up on forwards to try and get the repeat. Weise and Fleichman turned to garbage as soon as they arrived though. Shit happens sometimes.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Teuvo with 26 points in 24 games, and apparently playing a strong 2-way game. That was by far the most painful of Bowman’s bad trades.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad