The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Teuvo with 26 points in 24 games, and apparently playing a strong 2-way game. That was by far the most painful of Bowman’s bad trades.
Teuvo was never gonna be Teuvo here under Q. Said it at the time of the trade, but he definitely seemed like a guy that needed to be traded in order for him to realize his potential. It looks worse than it was at the time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't know that you can blame Q for Tuevo's mediocre play here. Q seemed to have loved the kid, and while I was against him playing at LW at the time (2016ish), that's currently the spot he's having so much success at in Carolina.

Tuevo's issues here were due to his lack of size and confidence. Both have grown leaps and bounds since then.

Happy for the kid, but holy f*** does it hurt to see how he's developed.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't know that you can blame Q for Tuevo's mediocre play here. Q seemed to have loved the kid, and while I was against him playing at LW at the time (2016ish), that's currently the spot he's having so much success at in Carolina.

Tuevo's issues here were due to his lack of size and confidence. Both have grown leaps and bounds since then.

Happy for the kid, but holy **** does it hurt to see how he's developed.
I’m not even blaming Q so much as I am lamenting Teuvo. Think he needed a reality check to become the game changer he is instead of the comfortable solid middle six guy he was.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Imagine if they still had TT and Danault.

Debrincat-Danault-Kane
Saad-Toews-Teravainen
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter

Reactions: hawksrule

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011

Debrincat-Danault-Kane
Saad-Toews-Teravainen
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter

Is Danault a first line type of guy? It's been a while since I've thought about him, but most of the references from a few years ago indicated he was more of a third line center. Or, are we just thinking he'd be the defensively responsible one and let Kane and Debrincat go all in on the offensive end?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Is Danault a first line type of guy? It's been a while since I've thought about him, but most of the references from a few years ago indicated he was more of a third line center. Or, are we just thinking he'd be the defensively responsible one and let Kane and Debrincat go all in on the offensive end?

Yeah, I’m thinking he’d be the defensively responsible center that would open things up for Kane and Debrincat.

As far as Danault himself, he’s a legit 2C. Habs fans sold him as a 2C the second he put the uniform on, but he seemed more like a 3C until these last couple seasons where he really broke out offensively. 50-60 PT C with good defense now.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Happy for the kid, but holy **** does it hurt to see how he's developed.

Just a small clarification. Teuvo has played almost exclusively RW. He's been at LW only a few times and frankly, hasn't looked as good, but with only 1 RHS forward (Necas) on the whole team this year and 1 (Williams) last year, he's been almost always at RW.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
TT falling to us in the 2012 draft was a gift from god. I remember checking the boards back then and everybody was worried about his size, its really amazing to see how far he's come. Wish he was still rocking Blackhawks red, but it is what it is. I'm happy he's having a great career.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just a small clarification. Teuvo has played almost exclusively RW. He's been at LW only a few times and frankly, hasn't looked as good, but with only 1 RHS forward (Necas) on the whole team this year and 1 (Williams) last year, he's been almost always at RW.
Thanks for the correction, for some reason I thought he was primarily playing on the left side, but I haven't been keeping much track of this over the last few years.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I had kind of forgotten about the Danault trade. It made no sense from the moment it happened. I like Bowman overall, but that period of time has been truly the low point of his tenure.

That was a head scratcher move for me too. Thought Danault was better at the time than the 2 rentals they got back.

My only explanation for the overkill of deadline deals that year was Bowman could finally see the prospect system was trash so he wanted to go all in one more time before the bottom fell out. If he had made the big moves in 14 and 15 instead of 15 and 16, we’re probably looking at a 3 peat. Maybe that’s what was going through his mind during that 16 deadline, but it’s better to just take the loss than make panic moves in an attempt to rewrite history IMO.

And that is my gripe with Bowman now. He depleted the prospect pool and screwed up the cap situation leading into this year. All he had to do was meet with Rocky and tell him it was going to take a few more years to rebuild. Instead, we got what we see now, attempts at a quick fix at the expense of continued rebuilding. It will hurt the future, and it looks like it will not do anything to help the team now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is launched pretty soon.

It’s not hard to see how much better off the team would be without his mistakes.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Debrincat-Danault-Kane
Saad-Toews-Teravainen
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter
they wouldnt have dach most likely. but would have a 2019 draft pick to add to this team. yes i know cap.

Alternate universe team.

Panarin-Toews-Teravainen
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Kubalik-Danault-Hino/Kahun
Sikura-Carpenter-Kampf
Highmore

Keith-Gus
Hammer-Joki
Kempny-Seabrook
Oesterle

Lehner
Crawford

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
they wouldnt have dach most likely. but would have a 2019 draft pick to add to this team. yes i know cap.

Alternate universe team.

Panarin-Toews-Teravainen
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Carpenter-Kampf
Highmore

Keith-Gus
Hammer-Joki
Kempny-Seabrook
Oesterle

Lehner
Crawford
This really shows how good our signings out of europe have been. Panarin Kempny Kahun Kubalik free assests all around.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013

Alternate universe team.

Panarin-Toews-Teravainen
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Carpenter-Kampf
Highmore

Keith-Gus
Hammer-Joki
Kempny-Seabrook
Oesterle

Lehner
Crawford

Nice, very different from the alternate universe where Q is still around

De Brincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Kubalik-Filppula- Andreas Martinsen
Fortin-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

Keith-Gus
Roszival-Rutta
Hillman-Seabrook
Oduya

Delia
Crawford

Reactions: migi

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Nice, very different from the alternate universe where Q is still around

De Brincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Kubalik-Filppula- Andreas Martinsen
Fortin-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

Keith-Gus
Roszival-Rutta
Hillman-Seabrook
Oduya

Delia
Crawford
the lineup i posted was no trades 2016 on. I dont know what yours is but seems to be a shot at Q?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Debrincat-Danault-Kane
Saad-Toews-Teravainen
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter
If they had those guys, they don’t draft where they subsequently did. Dach certainly not here.

Hate the what if game.

What is certain is that Teravainen was young, talented, and we knew that he was at times extremely good. Just needed the consistency that comes with age and experience. A bad trade.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Good for Kris. I did not realize that he's playing with Dylan Olsen too on that team (and upcoming uber prospect Simon Nemec)

Reactions: d rake

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
C
If they had those guys, they don’t draft where they subsequently did. Dach certainly not here.

Hate the what if game.

What is certain is that Teravainen was young, talented, and we knew that he was at times extremely good. Just needed the consistency that comes with age and experience. A bad trade.
Couldn't have dropped Bickell off w/o a TT sweetener.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Duclair with his 11th and is on pace for about 50 points for the season. 2nd on the Sens behind Pageau.
good for him. finding a home where he can get those top minutes he needs to be successful. im not sure if wouldve worked on any other team in the nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad