The Great Cam Barker Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Maybe on the oilers he will finally get the chance he deserves :sarcasm:.

In other news I see Buffalo is taking the Carolina/Arizona route of picking up as many of our former players as possible. Hope the boys do well.

Reactions: Styles

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe on the oilers he will finally get the chance he deserves :sarcasm:.

In other news I see Buffalo is taking the Carolina/Arizona route of picking up as many of our former players as possible. Hope the boys do well.
I always thought Perlini could be so much better. I wish him well.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

found this randomly looking for comments about draft from stanley...do remember weise finally drew back into the STL series when they were down 3-1, scored some goals and team forced game 7 and lost..not the first time Q did this to a player, same thing happened with Vermette

What Weiss is saying is just confirmation how nice weak timid simp demeanour Stan has and is just so not in your face strong negotiator, that’s why he gets walked over by 95% of his trades and signings, just all around horrendous at his job, he’s not cut for this job of limited cap…

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
What Weiss is saying is just confirmation how nice weak timid simp demeanour Stan has and is just so not in your face strong negotiator, that’s why he gets walked over by 95% of his trades and signings, just all around horrendous at his job, he’s not cut for this job of limited cap…
So did this actually seem like a good thought to share with everyone in your head? Yikes

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So did this actually seem like a good thought to share with everyone in your head? Yikes

I am just stating what kind of guy leads this organization, this is not good in any business, we need a strong person who is convincing, articulate and good at closing deals, you have to be able to paint a picture with your words and sell a product, if you can’t do that you are not cut out for this job. I know you probably live by “if you got nothing nice to say don’t say it at all” you are like stan as well it seems and you are not cut out for this job either, this is not an insult, there are many other jobs that these people can do but to be the GM of an NHL team is not one of those jobs.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I am just stating what kind of guy leads this organization, this is not good in any business, we need a strong person who is convincing, articulate and good at closing deals, you have to be able to paint a picture with your words and sell a product, if you can’t do that you are not cut out for this job. I know you probably live by “if you got nothing nice to say don’t say it at all” you are like stan as well it seems and you are not cut out for this job either, this is not an insult, there are many other jobs that these people can do but to be the GM of an NHL team is not one of those jobs.
This is a description 1 year after that guy in charge of the organization won a cup, followed by winning a cup 2 years before which prior had several years of him having to manage choices and deals with lots which lead to lots of success.

Thinking you need 1 set way to work only, despite evidence to the contrary, is not surprising for some. But some I suppose never want to give up the black/white world view even if it's clearly shown nonsensical.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is a description 1 year after that guy in charge of the organization won a cup, followed by winning a cup 2 years before which prior had several years of him having to manage choices and deals with lots which lead to lots of success.

Thinking you need 1 set way to work only, despite evidence to the contrary, is not surprising for some. But some I suppose never want to give up the black/white world view even if it's clearly shown nonsensical.
I agree that the job of GM is very difficult, especially in this era when cap space is important in every aspect of the job. Sometimes, no, make that often a GM has to play hardball with players, agents, contract signings and when dealing with other GMs... and be very creative as well. That doesn't describe Stan.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I agree that the job of GM is very difficult, especially in this era when cap space is important in every aspect of the job. Sometimes, no, make that often a GM has to play hardball with players, agents, contract signings and when dealing with other GMs... and be very creative as well. That doesn't describe Stan.

Is it really that difficult tho? Why didn’t stan sign Hinostroza? He had 12 points in 17 games, was always high energy, fast and didn’t quit on any play, he was perfect for the 3rd/4th line, why was he let go? Buffalo got him for 1M. Why was Sutter let go? He was also one of the best players on this team last year, I would rather Sutter and Hinny over Strome any day of the weak, there are moves that will weaken the offense which was already challenged last year, we were only 16th in the league in goals for, that just won’t cut it and it doesn’t look like it is going to improve at all if Toews doesn’t come back.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Is it really that difficult tho? Why didn’t stan sign Hinostroza? He had 12 points in 17 games, was always high energy, fast and didn’t quit on any play, he was perfect for the 3rd/4th line, why was he let go? Buffalo got him for 1M. Why was Sutter let go? He was also one of the best players on this team last year, I would rather Sutter and Hinny over Strome any day of the weak, there are moves that will weaken the offense which was already challenged last year, we were only 16th in the league in goals for, that just won’t cut it and it doesn’t look like it is going to improve at all if Toews doesn’t come back.
Suter wanted 3+mil, I wouldn't want him either, he isn't worth that.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I disagree. And I don't see him improving much at all. (waiting for you to make this into me defending Bowman in 3..2...1..)

Yzerman one of if not the greatest GMs in the league right now agrees with me so there is that, but ofcourse you are the one that’s right…

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Suter's potential is an unknown for me but I would really like to know Stan's reasoning for letting Hino go (again). At $1 M per, he is a steal.
Unless Strome makes great strides in his attitude and overall game he shouldn't gain a roster spot.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol, it's cute that you think he does no wrong.

Not to mention, they have much more of a need for forwards than we do.
I never said he does no wrong, but Stan is a circus clown compared to SY, one has an iq of 65 and another the other doubles it. Is it that hard to figure out that Stan is a stupid person? He is the definition of stupidity…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad