The Great Cam Barker Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
That's a pretty lame reason to sign an unneeded piece during a rebuild, imo. If any prospect is having a hard time staying interested, I'd say he doesn't belong. And I'm pretty sure they've all been on the ice for shot attempts.
But they're not in the rebuild, they're still tearing down and 3 x 4+ doesn't hurt anything. They can still play a little more big boy hockey in the offensive zone without threatening the tank. Sick of watching young dmen waste so many more shifts without making any hard decisions.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind KD doing something to show agents he'll take care of guys that get screwed too. He's about to enter a 3 or 4 year period of crapping on alot of players whether he wants to or not. I wouldn't mind seeing a little organizational loyalty in the dumpster fire to let agents know they're serious about people after trashing some careers.

Who's going to making the pitch to the next good free agent in 3 or 4 years? We saw Tallon swing and miss over and over before help arrived, and Tallon had been around a while.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
But they're not in the rebuild, they're still tearing down and 3 x 4+ doesn't hurt anything. They can still play a little more big boy hockey in the offensive zone without threatening the tank. Sick of watching young dmen waste so many more shifts without making any hard decisions.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind KD doing something to show agents he'll take care of guys that get screwed too. He's about to enter a 3 or 4 year period of crapping on alot of players whether he wants to or not. I wouldn't mind seeing a little organizational loyalty in the dumpster fire to let agents know they're serious about people after trashing some careers.

Who's going to making the pitch to the next good free agent in 3 or 4 years? We saw Tallon swing and miss over and over before help arrived, and Tallon had been around a while.
What young dmen? Like seriously the Hawks are barely playing any young players at all this year. Kurashev and Raddysh are the only two forwards with any hope of turning into decent players and they're playing in the top 6 and getting pp time. Its early yet with Roos but there's not much to get excited about there so far even accounting for the fact the team as a whole is bad. You've been complaining that the team isn't actually bad enough to secure a top pick (even though if the season ended today that's exactly what they would have) and here you're complaining that they didn't sign a guy who would apparently be scoring at a decent rate which would make the team less likely to secure a top pick.

Reactions: Giovi

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
What young dmen? Like seriously the Hawks are barely playing any young players at all this year. Kurashev and Raddysh are the only two forwards with any hope of turning into decent players and they're playing in the top 6 and getting pp time. Its early yet with Roos but there's not much to get excited about there so far even accounting for the fact the team as a whole is bad. You've been complaining that the team isn't actually bad enough to secure a top pick (even though if the season ended today that's exactly what they would have) and here you're complaining that they didn't sign a guy who would apparently be scoring at a decent rate which would make the team less likely to secure a top pick.
Jones is still developing. Roos has been up more than half the year I think, Regula and Mitchell for a few and set to fail. There are going to be alot more games with those guys before they're ex-blackhawks. Johnson and Murphy haven't missed a game yet, they'll miss have a season or more between the two of them.

I'm not worried about any individual player, as most will be gone. I'm worried that they're going to keep carrying over these wasted shifts for the next group of guys coming, blind leading the blind. They're not going to learn it in the AHL. The lost shifts will mean it will take an extra season or two like Detroit because guys have no clue how to play or how to make a tough read.

And staying on topic and Detroit, can't believe Olli Maatta has as much responsibility as he's been getting. He's been able to stay on the ice too.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

I'm just going to say we're on totally different pages as far as what are good signings during a teardown.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Jones is still developing. Roos has been up more than half the year I think, Regula and Mitchell for a few and set to fail. There are going to be alot more games with those guys before they're ex-blackhawks. Johnson and Murphy haven't missed a game yet, they'll miss have a season or more between the two of them.

I'm not worried about any individual player, as most will be gone. I'm worried that they're going to keep carrying over these wasted shifts for the next group of guys coming, blind leading the blind. They're not going to learn it in the AHL. The lost shifts will mean it will take an extra season or two like Detroit because guys have no clue how to play or how to make a tough read.

And staying on topic and Detroit, can't believe Olli Maatta has as much responsibility as he's been getting. He's been able to stay on the ice too.
omg, Jones is 25 with 163 games in the NHL. He is what he's going to be.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He can skate, move the puck a little bit, and isn't shy of contact.

He's got another year or a year and a half before the league knows if he's a number 5-6 with situational upside or a 7-8 type.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I kind of agree. If he cleaned up some of the many mistakes he regularly has, he could be that. Probably, if he was slotted there, some cleaner play would follow. He's being relied on far too much.
Agreed. One would think that Luke could teach Caleb to play within himself but yeah he needs to shelter him a bit in the interim.

Reactions: Giovi

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Although I'm not a Caleb Jones guy, typically it takes defenseman 200-250 games to "figure it out". He's still young in that sense. But I don't think he's going to turn into a top 4 defenseman either. At least... the odds now are slim.

Reactions: hockeydoug

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Although I'm not a Caleb Jones guy, typically it takes defenseman 200-250 games to "figure it out". He's still young in that sense. But I don't think he's going to turn into a top 4 defenseman either. At least... the odds now are slim.
I get what you're saying about dmen taking longer. But absolutely think his ceiling is 5-6. And right now, he hasn't really even earned the right to be in the lineup every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese