The Great Cam Barker Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Wasn't Rundblad acquired for a 2nd-round pick?
Yeah, a 2nd for him at 1/3 retained though.

I still remember how people were freaking out the 14-15 roster wasn't going to be cap complaint with just trading Leddy. If Rundblad wasn't retained it wouldn't

Their other d prospects like John's, Dalhbeck, or Clendening. Had they been on the roster, they'd of made too much even with their 800k or 900k. But Rundblad being retained at like 650k actually fit the cap.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
John Quennevilles' selection by Seattle adds to our glorious list of expansion casualties...

1991 Bob McGill to SJ
1992 Mike Peluso to OTT, Dan Vincelette to TB
1993 Stu Grimson to ANA, Milan Tichy to FLA
1998 Greg Johnson(rest in peace) to NAS
1999 Sylvain Cloutier to ATL
2000 Radim Bicanek to CBS, Jeff Daw to MIN
2017 Trevor van Riemsdyk to VEG
and now
2021 John Quenneville to SEA

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
John Quennevilles' selection by Seattle adds to our glorious list of expansion casualties...

1991 Bob McGill to SJ
and now

Which loss stung the most (not named Peluso)?
Tichy?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The proper answer is Krivokrasov

Hawks traded Krivo to Preds to prevent them from drafting Chris Terreri and taking Johnson instead (Hawks then traded Terreri later in summer for a 2nd round pick)

Krivo then was Preds first allstar

Krivo's only 2 playoff goals of his career were OT winners vs Roy

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

1991 Bob McGill to SJ
and now
Or is Francis saving some bucks to play the long game? I wouldn't judge anything yet.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

found this randomly looking for comments about draft from stanley...do remember weise finally drew back into the STL series when they were down 3-1, scored some goals and team forced game 7 and lost..not the first time Q did this to a player, same thing happened with Vermette

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Weise plays like shit and its Q's fault?

If true all this does is confirm Bowman is not only a terrible GM but POS

Weise is the one who should have been apologizing for his performance as a Hawk to coach Q and his teammates

Still cant believe that our GM traded for this garbage and a Flash that was at end of line

Weise was shitty 4th liner who played higher in lineup on talent devoid Habs team ,, Stanley being fool he is traded for him as if he actually provided anything of value to the Chicago Blackhawks or a legit NHL contender

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What this shows and current state of Hawks confirms is that Bowman's poor talent evaluation hindered Q and the Hawks from succeeding at greater level then they did

Frankly its amazing the core and Q could win as much as they did with a GM actively sabotaging organization

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What this shows and current state of Hawks confirms is that Bowman's poor talent evaluation hindered Q and the Hawks from succeeding at greater level then they did

Frankly its amazing the core and Q could win as much as they did with a GM actively sabotaging organization
How does it show that? If Weises comments happened. Q said he liked him only realized it late what he could provide... so is your view Q lying to say something nice or what? Wouldn't that make rhe lier the bigger pos than someone apologizing?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nice spin from Weise at end there to further put himself as victim

If only Q knew how amazing Weise was earlier ,, Weise is victim of Q and would have been superstar if not for Q ruining his season

What it shows is that Dale Weise is unwilling to hold himself accountable for his shitty play

At end of day all this story does is confirm what we now clearly see with state of franchise here that Bowman is a horrible GM and that if it wasn't for his father he wouldn't have reached heights he did in hockey

Imagine anyone actually believing that Stan Bowman earned his job based on merit

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
How does it show that? If Weises comments happened. Q said he liked him only realized it late what he could provide... so is your view Q lying to say something nice or what? Wouldn't that make rhe lier the bigger pos than someone apologizing?
One day BWC will admit he recognizes that neither Stan nor Q were as good as Hawks record at the time seemed to indicate....
....and that's the polite version.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Imagine trashing one of the greatest coaches in NHL history who won 3 cups coaching Hawks all because you support a guy who only has job in this league because of who his father is and who actively destroyed this franchise

Imagine actually defending the performance of this incompetent fool simply because of his last name

Reactions: UncleElroy

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nice spin from Weise at end there to further put himself as victim

If only Q knew how amazing Weise was earlier ,, Weise is victim of Q and would have been superstar if not for Q ruining his season

What it shows is that Dale Weise is unwilling to hold himself accountable for his shitty play

At end of day all this story does is confirm what we now clearly see with state of franchise here that Bowman is a horrible GM and that if it wasn't for his father he wouldn't have reached heights he did in hockey

Imagine anyone actually believing that Stan Bowman earned his job based on merit
You take it and just want to confirm or see what you want and ready to your already held beliefs.

Weies certainly could take more accountability; nowhere does that lead to some claim of superstar. You said yourself he put up points playing higher on the Habs, it simply is that reality that could of made him more money still doing that than getting healthy scratched for Panik/Flash/Mashintor guys. There's no lies about that.

Somehow that makes the gm not the coach the pos, no, that just already is your views. There's no real furthering about that interaction. Just highlights the unhealthy obsessions in how you react.

This is not some standard vs Q debate of quality or ability. Except in your head where everything is.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wish we had a GM who would have recognized how worthless Wiese is as a player but we didn't

And again Weise spinning his failure as a victim of Q says enough

Weise was a joke and that trade was terrible at time and only has gotten worse

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
its actually a pretty good listen and gets into detail on some of the dynamics between bowman and q back then, the complete disconnect everyone speculated on for a long time, and also how q interacted with new players or players that weren't 'his guys'...also adds color to the theme for why bowman wanted a 'better communicator'as hc, sounds like q was kind of a prick coach to weise, he did say Q running very little practices during the year is a big reason his teams are successful and hawks are only team in league with a mental coach that goes with on the road and all teams should do it

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Andy hanging up the skates as well this offseason

Seems like only yesterday he and Leighton were playing after Thibault got injured and we were hopeful that Adam Munro was future in net

Crawford was just a kid with some upside at time

Reactions: hockeydoug

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
BWC, both Q and Bowman were bad post-2015 and both deserved to be fired.
IDK, if Keith didn't get stupid prior to the STL series, I still liked that team to win the conference. Keith stays out of that suspension and they don't go down 3-1. 16 was still a very solid group.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
IDK, if Keith didn't get stupid prior to the STL series, I still liked that team to win the conference. Keith stays out of that suspension and they don't go down 3-1. 16 was still a very solid group.
I forget what it was in 2016 but he did something really stupid when it came to line combos that cost them games that series. I thought going into the playoffs that they had a better team than in 2015.

Reactions: hockeydoug

UncleElroy

Can Stan
Jun 22, 2021

Yeahhh!!! Let’s go BWC!

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I forget what it was in 2016 but he did something really stupid when it comes to line combos that cost them games that series. I thought going into the playoffs that they had a better team than in 2015.
I agree
I attributed some of the line changes to Keith's absence to account for the STL matchup. I remember they didn't shift back, or change matchups for a few games and I was ripping my hair out. Media was so useless breaking down that series, it was a really good one.

Keith was my favorite after Hossa, but I was really ticked when he lost his sh** again after Coyle put him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad