The Great Cam Barker Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Phil Danault with the primary assist on Montreal's Game 7 Stanley Cup Semifinal OT GWG goal.

Part of the ghastly Weise/Fleischman trade. Literally got the shivers typing that on my phone.
Danault has been a monster these playoffs. So many great full ice backcheck plays to thwart prime scoring opportunities, great play overall in the dzone, and phenomenal at the dot. (And a fantastic primary assist on the series winning OT goal last night.) It’s amazing how much better a defense is if a forward contributes to the cause.

Two players I believe have hurt the most to lose in years past are Danault and Byfuglien.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That Danault trade was one of the worst. Just a really bad trade.

I’m actually surprised Bowman doesn’t get more shit for that trade around here.

Not only did Danault turn into a really good player, who would have filled a weakness of ours for 3-4 years…. We got two really bad players in return who did nothing. I want to say they were downright bad and a negative impact on the ice for us.

I just glanced at their stats. I knew they were bad but they were even worse than I remembered.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Not only did Danault turn into a really good player, who would have filled a weakness of ours for 3-4 years…. We got two really bad players in return who did nothing. I want to say they were downright bad and a negative impact on the ice for us.

I just glanced at their stats. I knew they were bad but they were even worse than I remembered.
Mainly because folks here were also in love with Kruger.
A few of us chastised Stan the moment he traded away Danault.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

It constantly has universally been seen as the worst of worst trades. Like I don't see anyone ever defend it.

Granato staying is probably good for Jokiharju. Even though their play dipped after a hot start, he kept him and Dahlin together as a pair.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I doubt there are many teams desperate enough for a dman who can only have a positive impact on the PP.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good for him, seemed like he was on his way out of the league.

Can’t wait for BWC to chime in about how the Hawks once again failed to develop someone :sarcasm:

Firing Q clearly ruined his development

Reuniting with Q saved his career

If only the Hawks still had an NHL coach such as Q

Also Joker would be nice to have right now but of course we know what happened there

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This team DOES have a problem both drafting and developing dmen.

They gave up on Forsling really early. He's only now turning 25, and turning into a top 4 guy.

The moved out Joker cause they felt like they project his potential at the age of 19, and decided a forward reclamation project was more valuable.

That's why I think guys like Barstoolchief looking to push Boqvist out the door cause 'he'll never be a top 4 guy' are nuts. He's 20 years old. He may not reach his potential for another FIVE years. Not every kid is gonna be a Hughes or a Makar.

As far as Duclair, good for him. He deserves some stability. He didn't perform great here, but I would have kept him if not for the QO price. Team might have been smart to let him hit FA (as they did) and then sign him for the cheaper price that Ottawa did. But they still hadn't admitted to a full rebuild at that point, priorities were different, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->