The Great Brandon Manning Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Saying Kempney is a top pairing D is like saying Gus is a top pairing D, it’s up for debate where he truly belongs, just because someone is playing with Keith or Karlsson does not automatically make them first pairing D

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Saying Kempney is a top pairing D is like saying Gus is a top pairing D, it’s up for debate where he truly belongs, just because someone is playing with Keith or Karlsson does not automatically make them first pairing D

Fair but he doesn't play easy minutes for the Caps. IMO, he is their #2 by default but in reality he is a 3-4.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I have always said it that’s where bowman went wrong all TT, Panarin and Danault should have been on the team now and had they been this team wouldn’t be so garbage.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have always said it that’s where bowman went wrong all TT, Panarin and Danault should have been on the team now and had they been this team wouldn’t be so garbage.
you have to stop bringing up TT - the other 2 are free game, but TT is something that was far out of our control and simply cannot be put on anyone period.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
you have to stop bringing up TT - the other 2 are free game, but TT is something that was far out of our control and simply cannot be put on anyone period.
No it wasn’t, Stan didn’t have to make the move, he moved him because he wanted to move him and not because he had to. It was a massive overpayment for a $4M ONE year contract. People tend to think he had to make that move, he overpaid on purpose to get a return back, otherwise he would have gave something just enough to remove that contract. Let me explain this further as some still don’t understand. It’s like have a junk car infront of your house you want removed, you could either give the guy $50 and he will tow it away or you can give him a $200 lawnmower that you need to get rid of anyway and you know it has a higher value than required but obviously you will get change back and the guy gives you $150 back with it. Is that clear or do people still need an explanation? Stan was given a 2nd and a 3rd round pick hence he knew that TT alone was an overpayment...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No. I am fairly sure it was reported that the Canes were not making the deal unless TT was included. Can't blame them for insisting he was included.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No it wasn’t, Stan didn’t have to make the move, he moved him because he wanted to move him and not because he had to. It was a massive overpayment for a $4M ONE year contract. People tend to think he had to make that move, he overpaid on purpose to get a return back, otherwise he would have gave something just enough to remove that contract. Let me explain this further as some still don’t understand. It’s like have a junk car infront of your house you want removed, you could either give the guy $50 and he will tow it away or you can give him a $200 lawnmower that you need to get rid of anyway and you know it has a higher value than required but obviously you will get change back and the guy gives you $150 back with it. Is that clear or do people still need an explanation? Stan was given a 2nd and a 3rd round pick hence he knew that TT alone was an overpayment...
your analogy is awful here - did the lawnmower put us over the cap??

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No. I am fairly sure it was reported that the Canes were not making the deal unless TT was included. Can't blame them for insisting he was included.

If this was the case which I really doubt it was, you get rid of someone else on the team to create cap space... I am sure another team around the league would have required something else as it’s only a one year contract, if I was a GM of another team I would take him on in return for a second and 3rd round pick and I am sure there were takers, it’s just that Stan didn’t value TT all that much and had he valued him he would have found another way. That’s the most logical explanation. It was just a massive overpayment from day 1, the Hawks were the laughing stock of the league in the main boards when that trade was made, no one seen it as a move that had to be made, that’s another thing Homer Stan fans tell themselves to convince that Stan is a “great GM” lol

Reactions: BobbyJet

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If this was the case which I really doubt it was, you get rid of someone else on the team to create cap space... I am sure another team around the league would have required something else as it’s only a one year contract, if I was a GM of another team I would take him on in return for a second and 3rd round pick and I am sure there were takers, it’s just that Stan didn’t value TT all that much and had he valued him he would have found another way. That’s the most logical explanation. It was just a massive overpayment from day 1, the Hawks were the laughing stock of the league in the main boards when that trade was made, no one seen it as a move that had to be made, that’s another thing Homer Stan fans tell themselves to convince that Stan is a “great GM” lol
so Stan didn't value the kid he drafted in the first round barely 3 years prior?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He could have not made the deal?

Could have shipped out Anisimov instead, or shipped out Kruger and not signed Brian Campbell. To say you can't blame him is silly.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He could have not made the deal?

Could have shipped out Anisimov instead, or shipped out Kruger and not signed Brian Campbell. To say you can't blame him is silly.

Re-read my post. I never said you can blame him, I said you can’t blame them for insisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad