Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Old topic here:

The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Powers interview with Hossa:

'Body says you have to stop': Marian Hossa speaks about the...

Some sad stuff, and finally a bit of a timetable, but all in all still fairly frustrating to not see any kind of visual proof of the conditions to quiet some of the doubters up. Happy to see that he's enjoying retired life, and actually comes off as someone that is honestly fine with being out of hockey entirely other than possibly eventually becoming a team ambassador. I was honestly expecting him to eventually become an NHL head coach, but doesn't sound like that's interesting to him.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Might need a new thread title if we're looking for any actual discussion. :laugh: I'd put the over/under on posts hyping Manning's post-Hawks career at about 0.5.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Except there is/was no debate about Manning. Every poster here, except that boxcar fellow who I think is gone now, was happy to see Stan fleece the Oilers and get value for Manning. Possibly Stan's best trade ever.

Bobby it is a joke...

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Article on Hossa was a good one. Really good to hear from him. That skin condition sounds terrible. Don’t blame him one bit for walking away.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Some sad stuff, and finally a bit of a timetable, but all in all still fairly frustrating to not see any kind of visual proof of the conditions to quiet some of the doubters up. Happy to see that he's enjoying retired life, and actually comes off as someone that is honestly fine with being out of hockey entirely other than possibly eventually becoming a team ambassador. I was honestly expecting him to eventually become an NHL head coach, but doesn't sound like that's interesting to him.

I honestly don’t think proof would make any kind of difference to those people. There’s still people that are 100% convinced that Kane is a rapist even though every shred of evidence supports him and the DA himself said her story wasn’t very credible/had red flags from day 1.

Being a sports fan does werid things to people. It’s almost like being in a relationship. You get so emotionally invested that you can’t see things rationally. The hawks were dominant for awhile in a large part to that Hossa contract so a lot of people just would prefer to feel like they got screwed over rather than just admitting the fact that the Blackhawks the better team and they did it legally.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
I honestly don’t think proof would make any kind of difference to those people. There’s still people that are 100% convinced that Kane is a rapist even though every shred of evidence supports him and the DA himself said her story wasn’t very credible/had red flags from day 1.

Being a sports fan does werid things to people. It’s almost like being in a relationship. You get so emotionally invested that you can’t see things rationally. The hawks were dominant for awhile in a large part to that Hossa contract so a lot of people just would prefer to feel like they got screwed over rather than just admitting the fact that the Blackhawks the better team and they did it legally.

And the Hawks weren't even the ones that pioneered the long term contract with diminishing actual payments in the back end of the deal. They just used what Detroit, I believe, basically pioneered. That's what's never made sense to me about this whole thing- it's not like the Hawks found some loophole and exploited it, they just used what had already been found.

*Edit: Looks like it was the Islanders of all teams with the DiPietro and Yashin signings...

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Just think how dreadfully bad he was. I mean.....pure trash that didn’t deserve to be in the league. Then....think about us giving him 2x$2mm. Then think.....we were actually able to trade that pile of crap.
giphy.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Terrible move. Manning is better than Gravel, Benning, and Petro yet he is waived. I bet McDavid was behind this.

Manning had actually been fairly solid the past few games he had played, but I guess that doesn’t mean anything these days.

Good luck Mandog. You won’t find a harder working guy out there who gave his all every shift.

I am only going to give you 1 guess who posted this in the Manning is waived thread on the Main Board hahahahahahah :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Terrible move. Manning is better than Gravel, Benning, and Petro yet he is waived. I bet McDavid was behind this.

Manning had actually been fairly solid the past few games he had played, but I guess that doesn’t mean anything these days.

Good luck Mandog. You won’t find a harder working guy out there who gave his all every shift.

I am only going to give you 1 guess who posted this in the Manning is waived thread on the Main Board hahahahahahah :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
That has Boxcar written all over it.

That devious McJesus. Should be called McSatan.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Holy shit, he truly is delusional and weirdly obsessed with the guy.

Reactions: AmericanDream

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Manning. I gotta force myself to separate the player from the person.
Seems like a legit decent, working class guy & for sure REALLY good teammate - can't put a $ value on that tho I know pro sports is a business.

He got, "paid" thanks to Bowman so assuming he takes care of his finances, should be set that way good for him & his family. Wish him well all other areas of post NHL days.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Gotta say tho, props to Bowman jr for turning a lemon into lemonade - how he "flipped" Manning into Caggiula was one helluva pickpocketing.

And pardon the mixing of multiple metaphors there ... ;-)

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We have to admit that Manning was a team guy and a hard worker just never had what it takes to be a NHLer. I can't imagine any team picking him up but the Oilers did trade for him.

Ottawa is going to have problems hitting the cap floor next year if they lose their free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad