GBU The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Big Dubs; Win 6-4 in Ottawa

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought that was a gutsy win for the most pary. They had long stretches where they locked it down. The ending was insane, though.

B2B, 3 in 4, traveling on the road overnight, hung with them until the end...yeah, that's a gutsy win even if it did get ugly at the end.

Theyve played pretty well over the past 3-4 games

I agree. They played a really solid road game through some simple hockey to build a good lead and road out the ending. UPL made some good saves and kept things under control early. This was a quality win.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Wanted to post sanity from other govt run boards. Very good post.

From Rickshaw SS

Watching the final moments makes me glad I don’t bet on sports. But honestly, if the refs are going to just call crap on us when they know what Ottawa is doing and let them get away with it, how can the nhl be allowed to have betting?

Again, 3 minutes left Tkachuk high hit on Tuch. Call it! Game is over. Instead we have one of our top guys having to fight a guy who’s a very tough player and he risked injury. Then we are somehow short with Cozens yet Tarasenko can throw a punch over the top and get nothing. We shouldn’t have had to kill any penalty at the end and instead we have to battle. It’s ridiculous officiating and it makes me angry. We are not a dirty team yet we seem to get the short end of the sti

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Very unfortunate win for me. I’m at my in-laws and only caught about 15 minutes of this one. Looks like I’ll have to stop watching to keep the wins coming.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Gotta say that this team is a team when they are on the road.

At home, they seemed to be distracted and discombobulated.

Maybe it's got to do with the pressure associated with home life......?

Ya know, girl friends can be distracting.... (in a good sort of way) LoL....

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20231025_000717_Instagram.jpg

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I also want to state this that I was wrong on EJ. I thought he was washed but I have watched him these last few games intently because he is so good and up and off the glass and out. This team has spent years getting burnt on exits and this dude handles them with a solid first pass or up and out when under duress. Clifton does it too but it seems like all dmen are conforming to that game as I haven't seen a ton of going back into their zone or doing the cross ice deep in your dzone type crap over the past 3 games.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Completely ridiculous the way that the officials were rewarding Stutzle for flopping worse than Lebron James.

Cozens would’ve pumped Tarasenko into next month given the chance

Skinner was in demon mode

Power has been our best defenseman through 7 games. Insane how good he is and….a healthy Dahlin is my favorite player on this team

Wouldn’t be a Sabres game without some insane butt clenching at the end but I’m glad we pulled out the W in their barn.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Completely ridiculous the way that the officials were rewarding Stutzle for flopping worse than Lebron James.

Power has been our best defenseman through 7 games. Insane how good he is and….a healthy Dahlin is my favorite player on this team

Wouldn’t be a Sabres game without some insane butt clenching at the end but I’m glad we pulled out the W in their barn.
What?

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Didn't get to watch the game..How did Greenway not manage to pick up a point ?
And, who did Benson play with tonight ? And, how did he and his line look ?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
went to sleep after 2, thought they had an excellent road game after the got hemmed in for the first 5 before Skinner scored, ahem I think it was until Krebsis high stick "goal".

he didn't have a point but Greenway deserves a star for his PK play, he has been an excellent addition.
I also liked EJ and Clifton with his physical play.
Mitts doing Mitts things dogging it out.
UPL was excellent, he didn't allow many rebounds, covered the puck quickly, no rust at all.
Tuch finally got going, thank god, we don't have to be served more social media hot takes.
I really liked Jokers game, quietly solid, also throwing some hits.

The Krebs line needs to find some chemistry, not a surprise, for their first game together and Benson being a rookie
Powers D game needs some work and he has to get stronger
the 2 PP unit is a work in progress

the Sens antics behind the play and late uncalled interference, they seem to be a division rival I love to hate

P.S. sorry i had to turn off to go to sleep at 3am, and then we got scored on 3 times, but I was awake long enough to secure the win ;)

Reactions: HOOats

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005

Wouldn’t be a Sabres game without some insane butt clenching at the end but I’m glad we pulled out the W in their barn
do you watch the games or just the highlight reel ?

Power might be 4th or 5th on that list

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

lecherous

Apr 11, 2002
Rochester, NY
www.voteforrory.com
G :
- Skinner is feeling it this year, probably less pressure on him to not have to be the only goal scoring option
- This felt like a throwback game to 05-06 energy-wise
- Samuelsson was literally perfect, I watched him make at least 3 just incredibly sound plays. So lucky to have him
- Mitts was great. I hated his game against NYR and he's been incredible since then
- UPL played as good of a game as you can expect from him but I still feel better w/ Comrie in there for now
- Benson on the bench messing w/ Tarasenko, he's destined to be a fan favorite for years

B :
- We've all heard about Stutzle's dives but even without that he looks to me like a puck hog.
- Chabot kinda sucks too, Sanderson looks 1000x better than him
- I'll admit he made some good plays but my blood pressure shoots through the roof every time Clifton touches the puck.

U :
- Refs didn't know what they were doing, didn't have things under control at all. Doesn't matter too much now but we can't have this in the late season

• Love
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad