GBU The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Big Dubs; Win 6-4 in Ottawa

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Sorry, we simply do not have a closer. I didn’t watch 80% of the game, but I watched where it fell apart. And while it’s not all the goalies fault at all, we need a closer.
Team defense is your closer. That cross crease pass can't happen and Greenway lost positioning on Joseph. If they are disciplined after Tuch throwing them, they ride that out with ease

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Sorry, we simply do not have a closer. I didn’t watch 80% of the game, but I watched where it fell apart. And while it’s not all the goalies fault at all, we need a closer.
Then don’t watch next time. The score when you turned it on til the end had Ottawa winning!

Although it was 2-0 when I turned it on so I guess it was a tie for me overall

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Good to see our giants start to wake up and get on the scoreboard, definitely were more noticeable and active tonight. Frustrating finish but we got the dub so no complaints, this was a game we had to win.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
New Years Eve at 6pm (should be a well lubricated game thread lol). Then January 11 at home. Just bought tickets, going to make a Brady sign that will absolutely get taken away from me at some point.
Please post a pic here before it's taken away.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Ottawa is going to be a problem for Buffalo long term.

Buffalo got lucky Ottawa kept a goalie that was shaky in net for so long.

2 points are 2 points, Buffalo took advantage of bad goaltending for once.

UPL was good for 90% of the game. That’s a good sign. The last 10% was collar pulling levels of bad.
Ummm…we beat them with our third string goalie on a 3rd game in 4 nights with the refs calling penalties on us for breathing on stuzle causing him to dive …I think we’ll Be fine against them. Also they signed a crap goalie for 5 years so they will be living with him as their primary goalie ( thank god we’re not stupid enough to sign korpisalo to that contract …)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Good -

Greenway again with another very solid game. Setting the table and driving lanes a couple times in the first, really good stick (again) on the PK. The hit on Stutzle was awesome.
Skinner finishing on Tuch's sauce. Skinner then getting another and drawing a penalty.
Thompson tip.
The Whipping Boys getting an ugly goal.
Jokiharju with a solid game through 2 periods. Moving the puck quickly in the offensive zone, solid 2-on-1 defense, all around quiet which is what ya want in a defensive defenseman. I will give him a Mulligan on the fall on the GA.
I appreciate Clifton bringing the noise early and him having a thing going with Grieg.
UPL was solid and in control.
Power-to-Skinner is a thing to look for all the time. They hooked up a couple more times tonight.
Tuch not taking Tkapunk's crap.
Tage getting the ENG, Greenway trying everything on that clear.
Got a lot of traffic to the net, three deflection goals.

The Bad -

Stutzle's ability to skate when his hand is touched. :biglaugh:
Stutzle's late dive was clear as day, but still called.

The Ugly -

Really, the late scrum that Taraskanko started and then the Sens come out of it with a PP is about it.
The no call on Grieg's obvious to the blind holding.
Lame stutzle dive call , amplifying yours and agreeing

Erik Johnson is my star of the game, what a signing. Oloffson playing tough . Next time we'll run up the score . Way to go tuch dealing w nhl scum family

The rest well put .

Reactions: HOOats

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Ummm…we beat them with our third string goalie on a 3rd game in 4 nights with the refs calling penalties on us for breathing on stuzle causing him to dive …I think we’ll Be fine against them. Also they signed a crap goalie for 5 years so they will be living with him as their primary goalie ( thank god we’re not stupid enough to sign korpisalo to that contract …)
You go ahead and tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
No way ( my echoing you reply to poster that thought sens would be an issue). Ill add ...Chicksrun was great non signing by us . Kachook is a douche i used to like stutzle til his flaming swan dive. Loved girgs reaction. Senators and red wings are Meat.
I approve of the above message I quoted. Bravo. You are certified sane in the boards , Mr Kraken as i will write less. Thank you

Reactions: HOOats

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Erik Johnson has way exceeded my expectations. He’s #6 for defenseman in TOI, but seems so steady out there. Also a huge help for our PK. Props to Adams for that signing. Way better fit than Boosh.

If our PK was just mediocre instead of terrible last year, we make the playoffs comfortably.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I thought that was a gutsy win for the most pary. They had long stretches where they locked it down. The ending was insane, though.

B2B, 3 in 4, traveling on the road overnight, hung with them until the end...yeah, that's a gutsy win even if it did get ugly at the end.

Theyve played pretty well over the past 3-4 games

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
New Years Eve at 6pm (should be a well lubricated game thread lol). Then January 11 at home. Just bought tickets, going to make a Brady sign that will absolutely get taken away from me at some point.
Sign idea

Screenshot_20231024_223551_Chrome.jpg

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Yeah that's what they said about Fuhr and it's why they played him over Hasek until he got hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad