The GM Mode Prospect Thread

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
In about year 15 there's a Finnish defensemen named Tarkki I believe, he's 5 star green and he went 3rd overall in my draft. This guy becomes 99 overall and his trade value is the whole bar.

IonizedCookie

Dec 29, 2012
Niagara Falls, ON
In about year 15 there's a Finnish defensemen named Tarkki I believe, he's 5 star green and he went 3rd overall in my draft. This guy becomes 99 overall and his trade value is the whole bar.

By year 15, or even draft year 2017 there are no real hockey players. They're all randomized and created by EA and won't be the same for any two people.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
About 4-5 years into a new BAGM with the Oilers. Made alot of trades for high draft positions etc. Pretty much have gutted the team slowly throughout 4 seasons except for Yak and RNH.

Draft Busts so far.

J. Morrissey - still at 68...started at 56 4 star gold
Pouliot - at 70 4 star gold
S. Reinhart - at 71 4.5 star gold
Horvat - 73 4 star gold

Booms
J. Drouin at 89 4.5 star green
Petan - 75 and slowly creeping up 4 star gold
Ekblad - capped off around 81-83 4.5 star grey

The trade values on the busts are still quite high so I am going to give them another season. the ones with no significant gains may have to go in order to round out my team.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Nice!! I picked up a RUssian centerman in year 22 that was 5 green stars, traded some big names for the first overall pick that season.... sadly I only got to use him for three seasons. entered at 84 and finished off at 92 when my reign ended.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
The 1st draft with Ekblad is the deepest in the entire game. I started a new Be a gm and I got five, yes five 4 1/2 yellow star players in the 1st and 2nd round with about 10 picks. (Earliest pick was 6th overall).

OldSchoolAvalanche*

Anyone ever try bigras from Colorado.. thanks in advance

BigBadBruins63*

Kohl Bauml: 21 years old, C (PLY)
2nd round pick (51) 2014

In season 2016/2017:

77 Overall

Shooting: 4.5 stars
SSA: 84
SSP: 89
WSA: 85
WSP: 91

Skating: 3 stars
Acc: 79
Agility: 82
Balance: 73
Endurance: 76
Speed: 79

Puck Skills: 4.5 stars
Deking: 84
Hand-eye: 80
Passing: 87
PC: 87

Physical: 1.5 stars
Agr: 61
Body Check: 81
Durability: 81
Fight: 61
Strength: 63

Senses: 3.5 stars
Discipline: 90
Off Awr: 85
Poise: 65

Defense: 3.5 stars
Def Awr: 82
Faceoffs: 77
Shot Block: 73
Stick Chk: 82

Started off around 68-70. Gotten better every single year. Skating is what is holding him back, don't know if he gets any better in that aspect, so that will determine whether he becomes a top 6 forward or a top 9 for me.

IonizedCookie

Dec 29, 2012
Niagara Falls, ON
Kohl Bauml: 21 years old, C (PLY)
2nd round pick (51) 2014

In season 2016/2017:

77 Overall

Shooting: 4.5 stars
SSA: 84
SSP: 89
WSA: 85
WSP: 91

Skating: 3 stars
Acc: 79
Agility: 82
Balance: 73
Endurance: 76
Speed: 79

Puck Skills: 4.5 stars
Deking: 84
Hand-eye: 80
Passing: 87
PC: 87

Physical: 1.5 stars
Agr: 61
Body Check: 81
Durability: 81
Fight: 61
Strength: 63

Senses: 3.5 stars
Discipline: 90
Off Awr: 85
Poise: 65

Defense: 3.5 stars
Def Awr: 82
Faceoffs: 77
Shot Block: 73
Stick Chk: 82

Started off around 68-70. Gotten better every single year. Skating is what is holding him back, don't know if he gets any better in that aspect, so that will determine whether he becomes a top 6 forward or a top 9 for me.

3rd liner. solid solid 3rd line scorer. EAs problems with prospects are they don't progress in certain areas.. skating, physical and faceoffs to mention a few. His skating will be 3.5-4 stars max. 80s for speed.

Imagine if EA made it so you could specifically train players to progress in a certain category? nah, that's asking too much :sarcasm:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
3rd liner. solid solid 3rd line scorer. EAs problems with prospects are they don't progress in certain areas.. skating, physical and faceoffs to mention a few. His skating will be 3.5-4 stars max. 80s for speed.

Imagine if EA made it so you could specifically train players to progress in a certain category? nah, that's asking too much :sarcasm:

Yeah, it would be too hard to make that, or even that every attribute grows. :sarcasm:

But don't worry, they will make that and market it as a completely unseen new thing., because it obviously hasn't been in the previous games. :sarcasm:

IonizedCookie

Dec 29, 2012
Niagara Falls, ON
Yeah, it would be too hard to make that, or even that every attribute grows. :sarcasm:

But don't worry, they will make that and market it as a completely unseen new thing., because it obviously hasn't been in the previous games. :sarcasm:

Goalie prospects don't even evenly progress, their categories end up being 3.5* 5* 3.5* or 5* 3* 4* etc.

BigBadBruins63*

Thanks for the info on him. Do you know what his overall tops out at?

CrazyCanuck9

Feb 20, 2014
Does Anyone know how high Thomas Hertl from san jose develops? I play as the canucks and traded for him. He's grown from an 80 overall to an 82 overall in 2 seasons.

Leafs Rock

Mar 7, 2014
Do you guys know any good young goalies to trade or draft?
I always have amazing defense and forwards ( nathon mackinion, jonathon drouin, steven stamkos, ryan pilon, all over 90 overall) but cant get a goalie

Leafs Rock

Mar 7, 2014
Does Anyone know how high Thomas Hertl from san jose develops? I play as the canucks and traded for him. He's grown from an 80 overall to an 82 overall in 2 seasons.

In mine he went from 81 in the second season to 84 in the third. Then he went to 86 in year 4 but then he became a bust going down to 84, 82 and 78 in the next three following years
He didnt have any 90 attributes either by the end.

If u are looking for someone really good, go for adam erne, been a beast for me when i only traded a 2nd and third for him :)

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If you want an easy way to see if your prospect is likely to develop, check how much they want to sign an 8 year deal. Markstrom and the 79 overall (4.5 star) goalie I drafted never once gained a single point. They were willing to sign for 8 years at under 2 million. Meanwhile, my 3rd string goalie wanted a huge contract... And he ended up 89 overall

Yea. That one always works. I've been trying for years to find a way before they come up to a contract though.

Is it just me or do most people prefer the older system? I liked developing those German D who you could draft in the 7th round and take them from a C prospect to a B prospect. I'm trying everything in my scouting to grab steals in the later rounds but other than known players from the 2014-16 drafts, it's a rarity.

Patchey*

If you want an easy way to see if your prospect is likely to develop, check how much they want to sign an 8 year deal. Markstrom and the 79 overall (4.5 star) goalie I drafted never once gained a single point. They were willing to sign for 8 years at under 2 million. Meanwhile, my 3rd string goalie wanted a huge contract... And he ended up 89 overall

I dunno about that. I have Eddie lack in my nucks gm and when he was 82 he signed an 8 year 1.8 mil deal for me. The next season he got up to an 85. Quite a steal of a contract if you ask me

Hokie200proof

Jan 5, 2014
PS3
Yea. That one always works. I've been trying for years to find a way before they come up to a contract though.

Is it just me or do most people prefer the older system? I liked developing those German D who you could draft in the 7th round and take them from a C prospect to a B prospect. I'm trying everything in my scouting to grab steals in the later rounds but other than known players from the 2014-16 drafts, it's a rarity.

Yea, I was just about to post something about this. Are 4th-7th picks worth anything, either to trade (which they don't really seem to be) or in use? I have half a mind to just give them away to any of the teams I still have a poor or neutral rep with, since I haven't found much of anything good after round 2, let alone 3 or 4 and beyond.

Last edited:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
The 1st draft with Ekblad is the deepest in the entire game. I started a new Be a gm and I got five, yes five 4 1/2 yellow star players in the 1st and 2nd round with about 10 picks. (Earliest pick was 6th overall).

Agree. In that draft i had a 1st and 3 2nds (1st was #18, the 2nds were in the 35-45 ballpark i believe? I forget) and ended up with 3 guys at 4.5Yellow, and Barbashev who i believe was 67OVR/4Yellow.

Anybody found late-round steals yet? Rounds 3-5 seems to have some decent bit players (guys that start at 65-70OVR that will probably top out as bottom 6ers/5-6D-men), but nothing special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad