Speculation: The Freddy Thread: #2 or #3 to start the playoffs?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Pending tonights outcome, Freddy becomes #2. Campbell starts the playoffs with an outside chance of splitting the starts with Freddy in the 1st round. Keeping both healthy and fresh is ideal for the Leafs to be successful this playoffs. Healthy competition, pushing one another is best for both of them.

And ultimately best for the Leafs organization.

There’s a 0% chance Campbell splits starts.

He’s the number 1. Assuming health, he plays every game.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
I understand Freddie has struggled for a while and we all love Jack. But can we stop with the idea Freddie is some pariah parasite coming to ruin everything. He needs to see NHL action again before the playoffs. I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with Campbell/Freddie then I do with Campbell/Rittich/Hutch.

Keefe isn't an idiot and I trust his opinion way more then the HF think tank. He will make the right call who will start.

Also, Freddie has been there all season, him and Matthews are very close he is in no way a disruption to the room, anyone with that notion please snap back to reality.

Just gonna leave this here. Freddy's last 8 series clinching starts:
Record 0-8
GAA 3.49
SV% .877

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
There’s a 0% chance Campbell splits starts.

He’s the number 1. Assuming health, he plays every game.
As far as I know, Campbell and Freddy are going to start at least one game in the playoff because Leafs will have a B2B in the first round

Reactions: LFCTML

Leafs USA

Mar 27, 2021
I guess I'm waiting to see how he does tonight, before forming any concrete opinions. If he's good tonight under pressure, consider me impressed. Give him the backup spot. If he's shaky, go with Rittich or Hutch. I hope to have it decided tonight though.

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
Leafs have a mindset to win tonight as is evident from the interviews post practice. I worry a lop sided loss with freddy gets into their heads from a confidence perspective.

I gotta believe that Keefe has their heads on straight. Win, play a solid game in front of Mr Andersen, and prove to everyone and themselves that they are as ready as they can be for the playoffs. Press too hard and change their style to protect Fred and get away from their game, confusion sets in...

oh no...

I don't want to think about it.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I gotta believe that Keefe has their heads on straight. Win, play a solid game in front of Mr Andersen, and prove to everyone and themselves that they are as ready as they can be for the playoffs. Press too hard and change their style to protect Fred and get away from their game, confusion sets in...

oh no...

I don't want to think about it.
Exactly

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Gotta love the first goal against Anderson tonight. A weak wrister from the blue line. Of course the announcers response: “he didn’t see nothing.”
Always a built in excuse for this guys.
It’s beyond comprehension

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Gotta love the first goal against Anderson tonight. A weak wrister from the blue line. Of course the announcers response: “he didn’t see nothing.”
Always a built in excuse for this guys.
It’s beyond comprehension
Yeah he was a good goalie but let's not pretend he hasn't been a sub par goalie for some time. Jack - it's just a different vibe with the whole team

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
This is crazy. The third goal was one of the worst I have seen all season. It took him 3 or 4 seconds to get up after the missed shot and get across the net. Why are they doing this to him? Are we trying to embarrass this guy? He has absolutely no business in the NHL anymore and he is playing? This would have been a great game for rittich to start in.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Hutch is the one who should be on the taxi squad

isnt he already there?

idk why hutch is getting such a bad rap this year...he is top 20 in the NHL and his stats this season are

GAA SV%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He is ranked above Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Markstrom, Georgiev, Khudobin, Binnington...all goalies this board wanted to sign at one point

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
isnt he already there?

idk why hutch is getting such a bad rap this year...he is top 20 in the NHL and his stats this season are

GAA SV%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He is definitely better than Anderson. I just can’t believe how bad he continues to look. I’m starting to wonder if he will even be offered an nhl contract next year. Even by Buffalo

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He is definitely better than Anderson. I just can’t believe how bad he continues to look. I’m starting to wonder if he will even be offered an nhl contract next year. Even by Buffalo

as bad as Andersen has been this game. This is his first game back. Playing our KRYPTONITE Ottawa in a game that DOESNT MATTER so the players are taking it very easy and relaxed. He is still a great goalie, just not elite.

He will probably end up with the Kraken, lead them to their first playoffs but be eliminated in the first round. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Presently, he clearly has lost his confidence and needs to find it again.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
as bad as Andersen has been this game. This is his first game back. Playing our KRYPTONITE Ottawa in a game that DOESNT MATTER so the players are taking it very easy and relaxed. He is still a great goalie, just not elite.

He will probably end up with the Kraken, lead them to their first playoffs but be eliminated in the first round. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Presently, he clearly has lost his confidence and needs to find it again.
2 goals in 14 shots with the Marlies hardly dominant NHL caliber play

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018

He is still a great goalie?
Based on what?
He used to be an above average goalie. He has been terrible for a very long time now. He seems to be getting worse.
Unless, Ron Francis is now senile, he will not be with Seattle. But it sure would be nice if that was the guy we “lost” in expansion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad