Speculation: The Freddy Thread: #2 or #3 to start the playoffs?

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I think its a coin flip between him and Rittich both feel like huge wild cards

just need Jack to be good

Reactions: glue

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
We need Freddy to do one of these...
tenor.gif

vpasla1

Mar 24, 2018
He looked lost all night. There was many times he didn't know where the puck was after a save. A lot of times after making a save he would look behind him. Definitely seems like a mix between mental and physical issues on his end.

He made a couple of okay saves, but the only one I wouldn't blame him for is the OT goal.
He had no clue where the puck was on the first goal.
He also had no clue where the puck was after he made the initial save on the second goal.
He was just slow laterally on the third goal.

I guess I wouldn't be too mad if he sat on the bench during the playoffs, but I would rather have Rittich or Hutchinson backing up instead. Freddie was already a mentally fragile goalie in big games, so I would image it would get even worse when combined with the other issues.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I'm surprised there are fans who watch this team that think Anderson is getting a game in the playoffs after just coming back from injury, having almost zero game-time, and performing at his worst level over the past 2 years.

Campbell is our starter and will not be pulled after 1 bad game. If there are 2-3 poor games then yes I can see us trying one of the backups, but there is no guarantee that Anderson gets the backup roll right now. Hopefully, he posts a shutout tonight with many top saves, but he's more likely to let in 4+ goals given his game and where he is in his recovery.

we have a winner

Reactions: vpasla1

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He is still a great goalie?
Based on what?
He used to be an above average goalie. He has been terrible for a very long time now. He seems to be getting worse.
Unless, Ron Francis is now senile, he will not be with Seattle. But it sure would be nice if that was the guy we “lost” in expansion.

he was not great this year, but careers are defined by how you finish. give him more time with another franchise. i think he will bounce back. Hell, even Bernier bounced back this season.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
as bad as Andersen has been this game. This is his first game back. Playing our KRYPTONITE Ottawa in a game that DOESNT MATTER so the players are taking it very easy and relaxed. He is still a great goalie, just not elite.

He will probably end up with the Kraken, lead them to their first playoffs but be eliminated in the first round. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Presently, he clearly has lost his confidence and needs to find it again.

He’s not a great goalie. You can’t just say that. He’s been trash for two years.

If I start saying I’m a good center can I also play for the Leafs? :laugh:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I saw nothing yesterday to tell me that Andersen is anywhere near supplanting Campbell is the starter or even Rittich as the backup.

meh needs to keep working in practice but I’m not seeing him having a lot of runway to get back into it here.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Only positive I had from last game is that Fred plays puck and setup D much better that or other goalies.
Obviously not enough to get the job even as backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad