OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I had a turkey breast in the freezer, so I made some Nashville hot turkey with it. I've been wanting to try Nashville hot chicken before, so figured this was close enough. Was really good!

MIgtAjD.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I had a turkey breast in the freezer, so I made some Nashville hot turkey with it. I've been wanting to try Nashville hot chicken before, so figured this was close enough. Was really good!

MIgtAjD.jpg

Isn't Nashville hot chicken supposed to be fried chicken?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My fruit flies are back. Where the hell do they come from? I bought some fresh tomatoes on Friday. These things have an incredible reproductive cycle.
It was the peaches for my daughter...

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

MIgtAjD.jpg

Stop man! Your pictures always make me hungry, you are the Groove Juice of spicy food! Did you have macaroni salad or what is it in the top right corner?
Having once tried really spicy pickles I would probably go for the jalapeno pickles and not the ghost. :)

PS I would also have a little plate or container with unsweetened coconut chips, it is basically the only thing that works for heat. When I was in Sra Lanka a long time ago, young and loving very spicy dishes they always served spicy foods with a little container of coconut on the side. I asked what it was for and they said it was for after the dinner to cool off in the mouth while waiting for the dessert.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Stop man! Your pictures always make me hungry, you are the Groove Juice of spicy food! Did you have macaroni salad or what is it in the top right corner?
Having once tried really spicy pickles I would probably go for the jalapeno pickles and not the ghost. :)

PS I would also have a little plate or container with unsweetened coconut chips, it is basically the only thing that works for heat. When I was in Sra Lanka a long time ago, young and loving very spicy dishes they always served spicy foods with a little container of coconut on the side. I asked what it was for and they said it was for after the dinner to cool off in the mouth while waiting for the dessert.
Yeah, I just threw together a quick macaroni salad with whatever I had in the fridge. Red onion and a yellow pepper.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Last week I got 5 lbs of naval oranges, forgot to eat them and a couple of days ago Trader Joe's had a last batch of Sumo Mandarins, my favorite citrus. Then one naval went bad and started smelling of turpentine, I juiced the rest with maybe 2 Sumos added and now I have this wonderful juice and a messy juicer. Ice, Swedish vodka and orange juice is a nice combination. Btw, that is the original of the vodka known as Absolut today. Reimersholm is a little island in the center of Stockholm close to Old Town. A very nice place to go on a summers day, maybe not this summer though.

800px-Absolut_Rent_br%C3%A4nnvin%2C_etikett.jpg

With this:

images

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Made this last night. Presentation sucks I know (overcrowded) but I was hungry.
xeIJMm8.jpg

Aged beef tenderloin, seared and then basted with butter, then brushed with a mix of dijon and aged balsamic when i let it rest. Parm crisps that crumbled :)() in my hands. Endives sautéed in butter then glazed in a mix of maple syrup, aged balsamic and aged soy sauce. Croutons drizzled with the leftover fat from cooking the beef. On top of a simple salad with cucumbers, fresh endives and cherry tomatoes, with a dressing made with aquafaba, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, dijon, salt and pepper.

And for meal prep, I made a vegan chili... with gochujang as an experiment. Worked quite well.
iTHd3Ih.jpg

That experiment will push me to make a korean chili con carne in the upcoming weeks. Will probably use ground pork and ground beef, kimchi, gochugaru, gochujang, garlic, ginger and scallions as a base. I'll probably replace the black beans with red beans, and maybe add radish if I feel like it, and top with more scallions, sesame seeds and pickled radish when serving.

Reactions: groovejuice

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Made this last night. Presentation sucks I know (overcrowded) but I was hungry.
xeIJMm8.jpg

Aged beef tenderloin, seared and then basted with butter, then brushed with a mix of dijon and aged balsamic when i let it rest. Parm crisps that crumbled :)() in my hands. Endives sautéed in butter then glazed in a mix of maple syrup, aged balsamic and aged soy sauce. Croutons drizzled with the leftover fat from cooking the beef. On top of a simple salad with cucumbers, fresh endives and cherry tomatoes, with a dressing made with aquafaba, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, dijon, salt and pepper.

And for meal prep, I made a vegan chili... with gochujang as an experiment. Worked quite well.
iTHd3Ih.jpg

That experiment will push me to make a korean chili con carne in the upcoming weeks. Will probably use ground pork and ground beef, kimchi, gochugaru, gochujang, garlic, ginger and scallions as a base. I'll probably replace the black beans with red beans, and maybe add radish if I feel like it, and top with more scallions, sesame seeds and pickled radish when serving.
Fantastic brother!

Reactions: angusyoung

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I spent some time over seas. ME and Africa. Loved the food! 1/2 the time I didn’t know what is was, but it was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
My body is magnetized by that. I gotta eat dish/cuisine/food/meal from others culture tho. I know that I'm missing something.

That being said, I'm not game enough :D

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad