OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I looked at all the different options a few years ago before buying a Komado Joe, have the option to smoke really low or cook steaks at 700 degrees and everything in between and I like the more traditional coals/chips - excuse to drink all Saturday while I tend to the grill lol. Locking in temps isn’t hard once you get used to it but they have even been automating these with accessories like IKomand/SmartFire that basically lets you set and forget. There are electric pellet smokers that are much easier to use but some barely look like a grill, just a cabinet (Bradley Smoker), others at least look like a BBQ (eg Traegers/Davy Crockett Green Mountain Grills). Most of these wont get hot enough to do steaks or pizza so best to check temp range if you went this route. The food tastes the same either way so really comes down to preference. If you’re only interested in smoking and want the least amount of work the Bradley is probably the best.
Thank you!

Reactions: groovejuice

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My Italian wife is making her red sauce today! Been on since 7 and is now cooling. Stuff is a incredible. Bolognese sauce and she added some sausages to the mix. Seriously guys and gals, this stuff is incredible! Putting over angel hair tonight!

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My Italian wife is making her red sauce today! Been on since 7 and is now cooling. Stuff is a incredible. Bolognese sauce and she added some sausages to the mix. Seriously guys and gals, this stuff is incredible! Putting over angel hair tonight!

Turn out good? had an excellent recipe and got lost over time and now can not replicate it.:(

On the upside though,bonded with the dogs and they follow me everywhere,they ensure SD too with others:thumbu: Think they like that I lack discipline and and a wee bit sloppy and they get a fair amount of scraps and stuff. :)

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Turn out good? had an excellent recipe and got lost over time and now can not replicate it.:(

On the upside though,bonded with the dogs and they follow me everywhere,they ensure SD too with others:thumbu: Think they like that I lack discipline and and a wee bit sloppy and they get a fair amount of scraps and stuff. :)
She uses a mix of beef and pork. She cooks the meat down and drains the fat before adding “sauce”. She also cooks the meat with onion, garlic, oregano, and basil. Sausages we’re parboiled separately to get some fat out. 3 large cans of sauce and one purée. She seasons the sauce, after everything is added with more basil, oregano, and garlic. The trick is that you have to cook it on low for 5 hours while stirring. Let it settle for a few hours and holy shit! Incredible!
Forgot that she may add some water as the sauce cooks down. Limited but she does.
She just reminded me about adding some ground pepper to the mix,

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
She uses a mix of beef and pork. She cooks the meat down and drains the fat before adding “sauce”. She also cooks the meat with onion, garlic, oregano, and basil. Sausages we’re parboiled separately to get some fat out. 3 large cans of sauce and one purée. She seasons the sauce, after everything is added with more basil, oregano, and garlic. The trick is that you have to cook it on low for 5 hours while stirring. Let it settle for a few hours and holy shit! Incredible!
Forgot that she may add some water as the sauce cooks down. Limited but she does.

Sounds delicious,thanks. Any chili flakes at all? Pairs well with a red wine?

tumblr_mxv695mzVF1qbsh19o3_250.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I find keeping the fat of the meat to add it into the sauce adds so much more flavor. Sounds delicious though.

How I do mine is pretty unhealthy but it's really delicious. I pan fry an onion for a little bit, add in the ground beef, salt and pepper, once that's done, I fry garlic with chili flakes, tomatoes, oregano, basil, add in the meat with the fat juice, I had tomato sauce with a couple bay leaves...let it warm up for couple minutes and then simmer.
I add in a little bit of milk, butter and parmesan to give it a bit of a creamy texture but not too much.

It's so good.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Sounds like a delicious sauce! I cook mine similarly, but usually add red wine and mushrooms and occasionally chiles, depending on who else will be sharing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

They don't say "smiling like a butcher's dog" for nuttin'. Even if you're not a butcher, it works. :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shish taouk is middle eastern marinated chicken.

Sandwich usually includes lettuce, tomatoes, pickled turnips, toum (garlic paste sauce) and/or hummus in a pita bread.

204912_670f57cac67a94298c51c3a70d61f867cf55f8dc.jpg_facebook.jpg

I had this all the time at Boustan.

I'm a little unconventional as I mix both sauces, add extra coleslaw and tomatoes, skip the turnip, and add 3-4 small potatoes.

For those who haven't tried Boustan, you don't know what you're missing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I miss them. Succulent yet slightly crispy chicken, garlic sauce, good as it gets.

Yes, when you're lucky to get it a little crispy and slightly burnt, it's got that real nice texture.

I've also bought the same pita sandwich as a double order. I have one at home as I come in.

The second, I put in the fridge and have even had it the next day by warming it up in the oven and it tastes just as good.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I find keeping the fat of the meat to add it into the sauce adds so much more flavor. Sounds delicious though.

How I do mine is pretty unhealthy but it's really delicious. I pan fry an onion for a little bit, add in the ground beef, salt and pepper, once that's done, I fry garlic with chili flakes, tomatoes, oregano, basil, add in the meat with the fat juice, I had tomato sauce with a couple bay leaves...let it warm up for couple minutes and then simmer.
I add in a little bit of milk, butter and parmesan to give it a bit of a creamy texture but not too much.

It's so good.
Fantastic!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

What kind of tomatoes is she using?

Reactions: groovejuice

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Which cheese is it?

Also if you ask Per, he’s probably going to find you a place where you can get it that involves scantily clad women. :laugh:

No doubt no doubt!:)I'd happily accompany him if it were possible.

If ordering for import I'll stock up a bit and get some of each of these, if in the NL,will just go willy nilly and sample a variety.

REYPENAER%20DUBBEL%20STUK%20REYPENAER-300x300.jpg
REYPENAER%20VSOP%20DUBBEL-300x300.jpg
REYPENAER%20XO%20DUBBEL-300x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad