OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Oh, almost forgot. A huge part of this is the bread. I won't use any of the crust nor will I toast it. For that reason I'm thinking a freshly baked multigrain would work best, no?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Pickled red onion sounds good. I'll thinly slice them and sprinkle them around the base of the sandwich before piling the tuna mix over them.

I'm going to flake the tuna myself. The flakes can't be too large since each sandwich is going to be tiny, but I don't think I want to go too small either. What do you think?

Another important consideration is the dice on the celery so that it's proportionate to the fish flakes.

I could add fresh lemon juice to the mayo itself as it's being made. Make a lemon aioli.

I'm obviously going for a very refined version here, hence every detail matters.

Plus I won't be able to taste the finished product myself of course.

I think you want the tuna in bigger flakes. So maybe mix everything but the tuna and add it in last so it holds up. You want people to know it is the real thing, and I think it seems more luxe.

Thinly sliced for the onion is exactly what I was thinking.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Beans no longer cause any flatulence in me and I eat them by the truck load as a vegan. Along with tofu, they're my main source of protein. The flatulence thing goes away if you continue eating beans regularly.

Beans, beans the magical fruit... :sarcasm:

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I saw them this afternoon at Costco and was just going to post that.

I like the idea of contracting it out to a squirrel as Peate suggested. :D

Of course they can also be purchased on line. I neglected to mention that at some nut distribution stores they have them,but in huge containers and are not up to par,considering the cost.

Walmart and Costco during the holiday season,wow! masochist much? lol.

LiveAromaticFlee-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: groovejuice

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Had an amazing burrito platter with a pitcher of Margaritas and that burrito was the size of a forearm! thought it was a baby wrapped in a blanket for a moment. Now I can relate how a python feels.

LOL.

Lions eat until they can barely stand up.I follow Wild Earth on YouTube they show live safaris from Djuma, part of Kruger National Park. twice a day and when they kill a buffalo they eat enormous amount of meat (up to 40 kg) in one sitting.

My favorite Burrito is from a restaurant called Cha Cha Cha which is in the greater Portland OR

De Mole Burrito
Grilled Chicken Breast, Scratch Made Mole, Black or Pinto Beans, Spanish Rice, Queso Fresco, Radishes, Cilantro, Onions

This thing is so bloody good, De Mole is a sauce made of dark smoky spices, 3 types of chilies and dark unsweetened chocolate.

Here's male lion after a meal

Last edited by a moderator:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
LOL.

Lions eat until they can barely stand up.I follow Wild Earth on YouTube they show live safaris from Djuma, part of Kruger National Park. twice a day and when they kill a buffalo they eat enormous amount of meat (up to 40 kg) in one sitting.

My favorite Burrito is from a restaurant called Cha Cha Cha which is in the greater Portland OR

De Mole Burrito
Grilled Chicken Breast, Scratch Made Mole, Black or Pinto Beans, Spanish Rice, Queso Fresco, Radishes, Cilantro, Onions

This thing is so bloody good, De Mole is a sauce made of dark smoky spices, 3 types of chilies and dark unsweetened chocolate.

Here's male lion after a meal

Cats are always fun to observe,not a fan of the actual kill though. They all eat the most possible,until being interrupted,which happens often actually.Cheetahs are the best and even the wild ones are gentle,with humans that are not easy prey. Got a good licking from one years ago,what a tongue!

Reactions: groovejuice

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I am going to make Swedish Christmas porridge, it is similar to rice pudding. Use rice grains similar to the rice that is used for risotto (pearl rice). Little bit of salt, a couple of cinnamon sticks and some ground cardamon. A dl and a half of water and rice, cook on low temperature until the most of the water is incorporated in the rice 12-15 minutes. Add cinnamon sticks, cardamon, a table spoon of sugar and 5-6 dl of milk. Bring to a light boil and then reduce temperature to very low, do not stir, let it sit. It takes about 45 minutes.
Add a blanched almond for the kids (whomever gets the almond will be married in 12 months), Serve hot in a bowl, add a little bit of butter on top and mix cinnamon powder and sugar and and add to the rice. Very yummy.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I am going to make Swedish Christmas porridge, it is similar to rice pudding. Use rice grains similar to the rice that is used for risotto (pearl rice). Little bit of salt, a couple of cinnamon sticks and some ground cardamon. A dl and a half of water and rice, cook on low temperature until the most of the water is incorporated in the rice 12-15 minutes. Add cinnamon sticks, cardamon, a table spoon of sugar and 5-6 dl of milk. Bring to a light boil and then reduce temperature to very low, do not stir, let it sit. It takes about 45 minutes.
Add a blanched almond for the kids (whomever gets the almond will be married in 12 months), Serve hot in a bowl, add a little bit of butter on top and mix cinnamon powder and sugar and and add to the rice. Very yummy.

That sounds delicious. I make a somewhat similar dish with tapioca and coconut milk with sugar, cardamom and nutmeg. It's very good hot or cold (my preference). I'll sometimes add dried cranberries...

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
That sounds delicious. I make a somewhat similar dish with tapioca and coconut milk with sugar, cardamom and nutmeg. It's very good hot or cold (my preference). I'll sometimes add dried cranberries...

I should try the nutmeg. Cardamon is a wonderful spice. I used to work extra at a Persian restaurant when I lived in Northern Virginia (cashier). I used to come in early and prepare for the day and one of the things I did was to brew lots of black tea and put in large thermoses (it was free for customers) and add whole cardamon seeds. It's the same with Persian nougat (Gaz), see image, they sometimes are flavored with cardamom (at least in the store I go to) plus of course pistachios. I always go to middle eastern stores to get spices, much cheaper. I even like the unsweetened carbonated yoghurt drinks called googh, they are very refreshing. That place I worked at had the best kabobs (that is what Persians call it) I ever have tried (the closest was a Lebanese restaurant). All of them were great: kafta (sirloin ground beef ), chicken, lamb, beef and even swordfish. All the eating of meat protein had my gout going off a lot. The bread was amazing, they had a bread oven that looked like a giant urn and they slammed the dough to the walls. If I ever go back to VA I will go there. They had several restaurants in the greater D.C. area, one in Georgetown, 2 in Maryland and 2 in VA. I must eat something, I skipped breakfast. :)

upload_2019-12-24_12-29-29.jpeg

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Been to Panama a few times over the years but ended up at a place on Parc. Laval would be fine another time if you have a strong recommendation,thanks. Just don't think any Greek food in MTL area can compare to Greece,especially what they charge in comparison. Definitely prefer the open air tavernas and the bottomless vats of krasi.
Yah, no kidding. Don't even start trying to compare the experience, taste and price. For 20-30 euro you eat like a king for 2. Here? 2 lamb chops will run you $20.

Reactions: angusyoung

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
For those of us that have never tried,appreciate feedback when possible.Thanks.
Had my annual physician’s ’visit! I hate my physician and he hates me. He’s one of those pretentious 30ish year olds that runs marathons while eating only bean sprouts on flat bread. He asked me why I call him a physician and not doctor. I told him that he doesn’t have a PhD like real doctors. LMFAO! We exchanged pleasantries and he asked how were the holidays... I told him that I got an air fryer and it works well, but not the same as deep fat frying. Close, but not the same. He praised my gift until he asked what I was making in it... mozzarella sticks and pizza logs! Happy New Year my friends and thank you for having me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad