OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Ron-Centenario-Edicci%C3%B3n-Limitada-30-A%C3%B1os.jpg

Ouf that is great rum. Im having a glass right now and its the best I ever tasted

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-5_17-33-6.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-5_17-33-6.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 7

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Coming back to Mtl for few weeks, any good new restaurants or lounge/bars? ~30s crowd.

Lots of options, but if you have trouble choosing I think the Time Out Market at the Eaton Centre is a notable new thing in the city (only two months old). 16 restaurants on location every day/night along with four kinds of bars and other curiosities. It is active so seating could be an issue.

Home - Time Out Market Montreal

image.jpg

Other curiosities for drinks:

Gokudo - Japanese inspired speakeasy right beside Square Phillips: Gokudo

Brewskey - Old Port pub's been around for half a decade, but they've opened a taproom last year for larger variety of microbrews and menu options: Brewskey Pub & Brasserie Artisanale / Le Taproom - Vieux-Montréal

Parliament - New pub that looks quite upscale, very English: Parliament Pub & Parlour

Last edited:

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
If you know Thursday's on Crescent, it's gonna get torn down supposedly.
I doubt it, unless someone greases a municipal gestionnaire (which isn't too difficult here). The building was built in 1850s, it most likely has heritage status of some sort. I don't see condos going there but it wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: angusyoung

Guiness time

Mar 14, 2007
Had my annual physician’s ’visit! I hate my physician and he hates me. He’s one of those pretentious 30ish year olds that runs marathons while eating only bean sprouts on flat bread. He asked me why I call him a physician and not doctor. I told him that he doesn’t have a PhD like real doctors. LMFAO! We exchanged pleasantries and he asked how were the holidays... I told him that I got an air fryer and it works well, but not the same as deep fat frying. Close, but not the same. He praised my gift until he asked what I was making in it... mozzarella sticks and pizza logs! Happy New Year my friends and thank you for having me!

Early in the year, but I have a feeling this will be one of the best posts of the years! enjoy the mozza sticks and pizza logs, you just need a good ipa and i will be ringing your doorbell!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here's video of the Elvis Presley sandwich, or a variety of it . They use grape jelly here instead of strawberry jam, margarine instead of butter and no bananas. the calories must be staggering.

Reactions: cphabs

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Whoa...that's a malevolently looking bad sandwich

I made it once but I used a regular sub roll, 4 slices of bacon, little bit of peanut butter (I have learned to like it a little bit more since I moved to the states), strawberry jam, one sliced banana and some dijon mustard. I put dijon mustard on most of my sandwiches except for toast with marmalade.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I made it once but I used a regular sub roll, 4 slices of bacon, little bit of peanut butter (I have learned to like it a little bit more since I moved to the states), strawberry jam, one sliced banana and some dijon mustard. I put dijon mustard on most of my sandwiches except for toast with marmalade.
Put down the jar and walk away. :laugh:

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
NoNoNoNoNO!:laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What does everyone typically have for breakfast?

I'm not asking for vegan only suggestions, but hoping I could spot something in your posts that doesn't contain animal derived proteins and/or dairy.

My bowl of plain oatmeal and avocado toast is getting a little stale after a few years of eating it most every morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
What does everyone typically have for breakfast?

I'm not asking for vegan only suggestions, but hoping I could spot something in your posts that doesn't contain animal derived proteins.

My bowl of plain cereal and avocado toast is getting a little stale after a few years of eating it most every morning.
How about some good kiwi? (sorry).

It might sound weird, but I really love peanut butter toast with some hot sauce drizzled on it.

Or toast, a little butter, with red onion, thai chili and then some old cheddar melted on it.

Green apple slices, with almond butter, with granola, raisins and maybe honey is quite nice too.

Reactions: GoodKiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad