Speculation: The Flyers introduce......

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
The next coach......

Ok.

So its Saturday after game 5.

We have lost a series to the Penguins badly. Lack of compete, lack of competency.
The players are cleaning out their lockers and doing exit interviews.

Hextall finally fires Hakstol....

Who is our next coach?

AV, Peters, Ruff, etc are all out there.

Who would best fit our team. Implement a system that takes care of our back end and utilizes our forward core. All while infusing youth....

Too much to ask...
Is there an actual coach out there?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I for one don't want Knoblauch, Groulx... or any other minor league or college coach that will slowly have to learn the business and maybe establish himself after 5 painful years of failure.

Vignault or Ruff are not perfect but they would easily coach this team into the playoffs the next couple of years and not shoot themselves in the leg in terms of matchups.
All we need is some stability and a chance to win. Our talented roster will do the rest.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Ruff? AV? No. Please no.

We need modern coach. No dinosaurus.

If Canes will fire Peters, I could take him. Modern coach who loves advanced and metrics stats (so, byebye Flip, Lehtera etc..) and we have better roster than Canes.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I agree I'd rather not have dinos behind the bench.

We need an innovative coach.

I am not sure there is one out there that can fit the bill....

Lappy has to go. That system is brutal.

As a whole the same things are being repeated. No heart. Lack of fight. Regardless of the career years on the team the others have to produce. I know hakstol isnt getting through thats obvious.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think Peters has an opt out clause that expires after this Friday. He could jump to Calgary or NY by then or stay where he is. He would have to be fired for us to get him.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hey Guys
Iam reading here everyday but dont have the time or the motivation to write a lot. But after the last 2 seasons and with this Playoff Performance there is only one answer in my eyes. Its Peter Laviolette!

Obviously we wouldnt get him, because of his performance with Nashville.

So in my eyes we need a coach modelled after Laviolette.

A Coach that concetrate on aggressive offensive all over the ice. pinching dman, forchecking winger. We played beautiful hockey under him. And he was able to win because of a good influence in Timeouts and between Periods!

I would kill for Laviolette. Did anyone knows, someone like him?

Sry for my bad english.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Options will be Fred Harbinson, Ray Edwards, or Terry Murray. Hopefully one of them is good.

Ray Edwards could work out but wouldn't he rather end up in Calgary?
Terry Murray has had his shot(s) with the org and is too old.

I'm not familiar with Harbinson... what's you take on him?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Sorry but for the transition from a rebuilding to a contending team I am leaning towards a experienced coach with with an eye for the young guys.

I want someone who can fire a light under their asses and get them mentally ready night after night. He needs to be fair in his decisions and has to let the Patricks, Sanheims, Myers, Lindblöms, Aube-Kubels and Konecnys in this world not only grow but impement them as cornerstones.

No more vet love and modern 2018 hockey.

Reactions: Rebels57

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Ray Edwards could work out but wouldn't he rather end up in Calgary?
Terry Murray has had his shot(s) with the org and is too old.

I'm not familiar with Harbinson... what's you take on him?
Sorry bud, it was a joke poking fun at how all of Hextall's coaching hires have previously been Brett Hextall's coach at some point in his career. All of the guys I listed are previous coaches of his. ;)

I don't think there's an optimal guy available at the moment, but of all the guys available and likely to be available, I'd probably take Trotz. He hasn't gotten Washington far, but no one else has either and the Nashville teams he coached were not all that great. At the very least, he's developed a whole list of star defensemen. After this Hakstol fiasco, I don't think Hextall would even be allowed to hire someone with no experience again and there's not much NHL talent available currently.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
"We are excited to announce the new head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers! After much thought, we decided to go back to our roots and hire a familiar face. We are extremely excited to announce the hiring of.... CRAIG BERUBE!"

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
k6jT7Ik.gif

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Laperriere fired. Replacement is Sergei Zubov, my all-time favourite non-Flyer (along with Jere Lehtinen) and the current head coach of HC Sochi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad