Speculation: The Flyers introduce......

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
It’s more than likely going to be Knoblauch.
He was brought here for a reason. He’s an offensive minded coach as well. He more than likely will be the next coach.

Fire the assistants and let him hire his own. PP and PK absolutely need to be better.

I tend to agree with you. I think he’s there as the replacement when the time comes. Absolutely agree to let him pick his coaching staff. If Haks goes they all need to go.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I tend to agree with you. I think he’s there as the replacement when the time comes. Absolutely agree to let him pick his coaching staff. If Haks goes they all need to go.

if he is the coach it will be a big mistake. This guys has 1 year of professional hockey experience. It would be a brutal mistake

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
if he is the coach it will be a big mistake. This guys has 1 year of professional hockey experience. It would be a brutal mistake

I didn’t say I agree with it just that I think that’s what will happen. We need an experienced pro level coach who isn’t afraid to play the youngsters and who can actually make in game adjustments, line changes, etc and not just stand there looking confused. My question would be ....who fits that bill?

Reactions: dingbathero

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I didn’t say I agree with it just that I think that’s what will happen. We need an experienced pro level coach who isn’t afraid to play the youngsters and who can actually make in game adjustments, line changes, etc and not just stand there looking confused. My question would be ....who fits that bill?

I think it would be very difficult to find a guy who checks off every mark we want. Groulx is an intersting choice. He probably has his pick of jobs right now.

Reactions: pmwlker

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I just don't want another college coach. If it is an AHL coach I could live with it as long as he has actually won something in his career and he installs and attacking offensive system. Also all the current assistants need to go.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

requiredusername

Apr 9, 2015
It’s more than likely going to be Knoblauch.
He was brought here for a reason. He’s an offensive minded coach as well. He more than likely will be the next coach.

Fire the assistants and let him hire his own. PP and PK absolutely need to be better.

Knoblach coached the Erie Otters who have Dave Brown as their GM. Yes, former goon Dave Brown.

During Knoblach's time in Erie he coached McDavid who is his developmental resume star.

So there is your former Flyers AND developing young player connection.

Reactions: dingbathero

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Here's an idea: get someone with a proven track record. It doesn't have to be someone flashy. The analytics crowd doesn't have to be gaga over him and he doesn't have to have some sort of crazy ideas for running a team. If there is a guy available that has had success in the NHL that is someone that they should target whenever they move on from Hakstok.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bednar never coached juniors. He started out in the ECHL as an assistant, moved up to ECHL head coach, then was an AHL assistant, then AHL head coach, before he got the Av's job.

Another major failure by Hextall is that he does not have a future NHL head coach anywhere in his minor league system. That makes no sense whatsoever to me. Knoblauch should have been hired to replace Gordon and coach the Phantoms with Gordon promoted to assistant coach at the NHL level (or let go entirely).

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy14

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here's an idea: get someone with a proven track record. It doesn't have to be someone flashy. The analytics crowd doesn't have to be gaga over him and he doesn't have to have some sort of crazy ideas for running a team. If there is a guy available that has had success in the NHL that is someone that they should target whenever they move on from Hakstok.

We need to find our next Sullivan.

He coached the Bruins earlier in the decade to moderate success but fizzled out, was fired, and then reinvented himself at the AHL level. There's GOTTA be another guy like this out there.

Mike Sullivan (ice hockey) - Wikipedia

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

He coached the Bruins earlier in the decade to moderate success but fizzled out, was fired, and then reinvented himself at the AHL level. There's GOTTA be another guy like this out there.

as good of job sullivan has done, and lets be real he has been fantastic, its only good compared to that bylsma era that massively underachieved. Sullivan recognized that they have 3 studs. and plays a heavy defensive game, and any one of their 3 studs can break the game at any moment. That team has the least amount of assets invested in their defense and they dominate teams. Just goes to show you that you don't need 6 first round draft pick dmen in order to win. What Sully has done with that no name defense , and holding his forwards accountable on d is remarkable.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
as good of job sullivan has done, and lets be real he has been fantastic, its only good compared to that bylsma era that massively underachieved. Sullivan recognized that they have 3 studs. and plays a heavy defensive game, and any one of their 3 studs can break the game at any moment. That team has the least amount of assets invested in their defense and they dominate teams. Just goes to show you that you don't need 6 first round draft pick dmen in order to win. What Sully has done with that no name defense , and holding his forwards accountable on d is remarkable.

No it's just really good. Period, lol.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
what i am saying is that the system sully uses is highly impactful when you have the players he has. If the kings tried to employ the same style, they would be the Los Angeles Kings.

Okay I get you. Kudos to him for being smart enough to tailor a system to his roster.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Okay I get you. Kudos to him for being smart enough to tailor a system to his roster.

yeah, who wudda thunk it. But seriously. Sullivan has done a masterful job getting those guys to buy in, and getting crosby to play 2 way. Crosby right now is utterly dominate on both ends of the ice. I wonder if he could have won a selke at some point had he been played in this role earlier in his career.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Bednar never coached juniors. He started out in the ECHL as an assistant, moved up to ECHL head coach, then was an AHL assistant, then AHL head coach, before he got the Av's job.
I stand corrected. Young minor league coach, not juniors. Doesn’t change my point, but I should’ve been more accurate.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I doubt there are enough tampons in all of Philadelphia to keep that guy staunched. Never seen someone so constantly on the towel. Truly hate his guts. I know that wasn't your point, but I can't help it. He can fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu** right off.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I will say I’ve always liked how Peters’ teams play. Yet his career record is under .500. Have his teams been that much less talented than Hakstol’s the last 3 seasons, who has done .570ish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad