Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Gaudreau - 79 points in 60 games
Lindholm - 69 points in 60 games
Monahan - 67 points in 60 games
Giordano - 58 points in 58 games
Tkachuk - 59 points in 60 games

For the first time this season Tkachuk drops below a point-per-game. :(
I see Giordano and Tkachuk falling off below ppg for sure. Giordano cause he's a defenseman and Tkachuk due to PDO. His sh% should continue to regress.

Lindholm and Monahan are both at a 50% chance while Gaudreau is the only guarantee in my opinion.

Very solid showing by all players. Every single one of them took a big step forward this year.

Aug 3, 2010
five points per game eh? who is on pace for 410 points?
Hit the sauce a little hard tonight? Or just new to hockey/not very good at understanding hockey terms?

It's certainly not because of a grammar issue, so I'd love to see what you're talking about. :laugh:

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Tkachuk has really fallen off lately. Only bright side is it helps a bit with the contract at the end of the year.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Gaudreau - 79 points in 60 games
Lindholm - 69 points in 60 games
Monahan - 67 points in 60 games
Giordano - 58 points in 58 games

Good guy Tkachuk wants to make sure his next contract isn’t too big

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
It appears scoring is up across the league this season - there are around 35 guys at 1 point per game or better. If this holds through the end of the season it has to be the most since when?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I see Giordano and Tkachuk falling off below ppg for sure. Giordano cause he's a defenseman and Tkachuk due to PDO. His sh% should continue to regress.

Lindholm and Monahan are both at a 50% chance while Gaudreau is the only guarantee in my opinion.

Very solid showing by all players. Every single one of them took a big step forward this year.
You really went out on a limb with analysis. Gaudreau will get 3 or more points in the next 22 games?

Also Lindholm is getting better and better every game. I'd be shocked if he didn't get 13 points in the next 22 games. It'd be a huge regression for him not to. Lindholm has 8 in the last 5, while Gaudreau only has 4.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
5 ppg players. And yet they still have no realistic chance of winning the cup. Crazy. And why do I think this? Goaltending.
A hot take, to be sure.

In all seriousness though, the Flames goaltending has stabilized a bit lately. Smith is playing lights out and actually making the saves he should be making. Not sure how long it'll last but it's nice to not have to worry about it.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Lindholm and Giordano seem to be getting better.

Gaudreau is Gaudreau, a little snake bit recently but getting chances.

Monahan and Tkachuk have disappeared the last few weeks.

Reactions: goku420

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Lindholm and Giordano seem to be getting better.

Gaudreau is Gaudreau, a little snake bit recently but getting chances.

Monahan and Tkachuk have disappeared the last few weeks.
I thought both Monahan and Tkachuk were a lot more noticeable last night. Looks like Peters' lineup shake up worked to some extent. That line was all around the net. Gaudreau potted on, it's just a matter of time for the other two if they keep playing that way.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Agree the goaltending is a worry. The Flames will go into the playoffs with worst or second worst goaltending in the west.

When is the last time a team went deep in that scenario?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Agree the goaltending is a worry. The Flames will go into the playoffs with worst or second worst goaltending in the west.

When is the last time a team went deep in that scenario?

San Jose is worse, but yeah our goaltending hasn’t exactly been a boon this year overall.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Rittich has two bad games and people are writing him off? Smith has played 4 solid games in a row.

Teams don't go deep with bad goaltending because perceptions change. If we get to the third round people will start talking about Rittich like he's a top ten goalie.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary

Giordano could fall off the pace at some point because defensemen rarely hit the ppg mark. But Tkachuk should eventually snap out of this rut he’s in. He could’ve had 5 assist vs Washington a week or 2 ago, but no one could finish from 2 feet from the crease. He’s outstanding passer and has incredible net front presence.

His sh% is unnaturally high because he tips in a lot of pucks. Much like a Tomas Holmstrom who had an unreal sh% because he made a living tipping pucks into the net, Tkachuk scores a lot of goals from re-directs. Typically it either hits the net or misses the net, so the sh% of course stays high.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
You really went out on a limb with analysis. Gaudreau will get 3 or more points in the next 22 games?

Also Lindholm is getting better and better every game. I'd be shocked if he didn't get 13 points in the next 22 games. It'd be a huge regression for him not to. Lindholm has 8 in the last 5, while Gaudreau only has 4.
He's shooting six percent above his career sh%. I think that's quite high and should see some regression. I'm usually a little more doubtful when I see giant variations in scoring from season to season. Just my opinion of course. I could very well be wrong.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

bust-linear-icon-modern-outline-bust-logo-concept-white-back-bust-linear-icon-modern-outline-bust-logo-concept-white-133523671.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad