The Flames have 5 point-per-game players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
They will be beat in 7 games come playoffs.

I am not even sweating them come playoff time.
So you say, but your picture tells a different story.

giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Heh. Cute.

Flames don't even need five ppg players to beat the Jets.

Johnny Gaudreau has 18pts in 13 games for a career 9-3-1 record against Winnipeg. Seeing Trouba, Buff and co try to contain him is always hilarious.

Well, I guess there was that one time Hellebuyck stood on his head.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Heh. Cute.

Flames don't even need five ppg players to beat the Jets.

Johnny Gaudreau has 18pts in 13 games for a career 9-3-1 record against Winnipeg. Seeing Trouba, Buff and co try to contain him is always hilarious.

Well, I guess there was that one time Hellebuyck stood on his head.

Regular season champions of the world means absolutely nothing in April.

Arrogant teams that think they can't lose never go far in the playoffs.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ironically, you saying the Jets are not worried about the Flames, is arrogant.

I never said that the Jets have to put you guys out.

Don't take your division so lightly and think that the Flames will just steam roll them or they are easy outs.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Regular season champions of the world means nothing in April.

Arrogant teams that think they can't lose never go far.

I wish you all the best as your annointed team tries to get its tenth playoff win in franchise history.

I never said that the Jets have to put you guys out.

Don't take your division so lightly and think that the Flames will just steam roll them or they are easy outs.

No one took our division lightly. Vegas and San Jose are two of the last three SCF runner ups with Nashville being the other. Anaheim is also a dangerous team when the likes of Perry and Kesler and Getzlaf are healthy. Dallas is a team that could really explode when Klingberg Benn Seguin and Bishop all find a groove.

The only team being taken lightly in the west is Winnipeg as they are a team of pretenders who think having a hyped up version of Monahan, a poor man's Kovalchuk, and a winger playing top pair defense makes them the cup frontrunners. Wouldn't be shocked if the Stars sweep them out of round 1.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Weren’t you guys the self-proclaimed best team in the west? We’re well aware that April is a different story.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I wish you all the best as your annointed team tries to get its tenth playoff win in franchise history.

No one took our division lightly. Vegas and San Jose are two of the last three SCF runner ups with Nashville being the other. Anaheim is also a dangerous team when the likes of Perry and Kesler and Getzlaf are healthy.

The only team being taken lightly in the west is Winnipeg as they are a team of pretenders who think having a hyped up version of Monahan, a poor man's Kovalchuk, and a winger playing top pair defense makes them the cup frontrunners. Wouldn't be shocked if the Stars sweep them out of round 1. Losing four straight is how the

Vegas and San Jose are legit.

They are not easy outs in the playoffs.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

You're the only arrogant here. Believing in your team doesn't make you arrogant. Discrediting other teams like you did is arrogant.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

No one took our division lightly. Vegas and San Jose are two of the last three SCF runner ups with Nashville being the other. Anaheim is also a dangerous team when the likes of Perry and Kesler and Getzlaf are healthy. Dallas is a team that could really explode when Klingberg Benn Seguin and Bishop all find a groove.

The only team being taken lightly in the west is Winnipeg as they are a team of pretenders who think having a hyped up version of Monahan, a poor man's Kovalchuk, and a winger playing top pair defense makes them the cup frontrunners. Wouldn't be shocked if the Stars sweep them out of round 1.

Woah I still don't get your hate for Winnipeg. They had excellent metrics last season and dominated Vegas, goaltending was a big factor in their loss. This season they aren't as dominant, but they're still a great team nevertheless. Stars aren't a good team, Seguin is overrated offensively, Benn is declining, and Klingberg is great and overall underrated but he's still a Dman that isn't elite in tough situations. Goaltending is a mixed bag. Also all WOWY stats and eye test indicate Scheifele is the offensive and defensive catalyst of that line, Connor was the one dragging them down this and last season, and Ehlers seems to be struggling to get going consistently offensively.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
Idk man, your eye should be telling you that Connor is actually excellent, and has been snakebite quite a bit this year. I've watched nearly every single Winnipeg game this season, and believe me, Connor is not among their few problems
Woah I still don't get your hate for Winnipeg. They had excellent metrics last season and dominated Vegas, goaltending was a big factor in their loss. This season they aren't as dominant, but they're still a great team nevertheless. Stars aren't a good team, Seguin is overrated offensively, Benn is declining, and Klingberg is great and overall underrated but he's still a Dman that isn't elite in tough situations. Goaltending is a mixed bag. Also all WOWY stats and eye test indicate Scheifele is the offensive and defensive catalyst of that line, Connor was the one dragging them down this and last season, and Ehlers seems to be struggling to get going consistently offensively.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

A) Most Flames fans know that playoffs are a different beast

B) Imagine thinking fan mentality on an online forum has any bearing whatsoever on how a professional ice hockey team will perform in the post season lol

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I've never heard a single Flames player say they can't lose so I don't know why you believe they're arrogant.
The irony in your post is outstanding.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Most Flames fans see still in shock and just enjoying the ride. I don't think I've ever heard a Flames fan say they are even favorites for the cup.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Healthy Monahan has been huge. For some reason he's one of those guys who's play seems to significantly deteriorate when playing hurt.

You say deteriorate significantly despite putting up multiple 60 point seasons injured. I figure, if he was healthy the last 2 seasons, it may have been around +10-12 points. While that is a big amount, the fact that he's putting up 60 points while injured means it's probably not significant deterioration. If he were to get injured and drop to like 40-45 points, I'd agree with you there.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You say deteriorate significantly despite putting up multiple 60 point seasons injured. I figure, if he was healthy the last 2 seasons, it may have been around +10-12 points. While that is a big amount, the fact that he's putting up 60 points while injured means it's probably not significant deterioration. If he were to get injured and drop to like 40-45 points, I'd agree with you there.

Well he's healthy and look at the pace he's on now. When he's been injured he's pretty noticeably impaired. When he's healthy and feeling it he's hella dangerous. He's got that great intuitive sense around the net and that shot that seems to find it's way past goalies, a little bit like Bossy.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well he's healthy and look at the pace he's on now. When he's been injured he's pretty noticeably impaired. When he's healthy and feeling it he's hella dangerous. He's got that great intuitive sense around the net and that shot that seems to find it's way past goalies, a little bit like Bossy.
God I wish I could save this as my post signature... for all and sundry to read forever. Not often you see such effusive praise from WhiskeyYourTheDevils about Sean Monahan.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
2/3rd through the season update:

Gaudreau - 75 points in 55 games
Monahan - 63 points in 55 games
Lindholm - 61 points in 55 games
Tkachuk - 57 points in 55 games
Giordano - 54 points in 53 games

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Giordano's latest goal, second point of the game, brings the Flames back to five point-per-game players:

Gaudreau - 78 points in 59 games
Monahan - 66 points in 59 games
Lindholm - 66 points in 59 games
Tkachuk - 59 points in 59 games
Giordano - 57 points in 57 games

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Have you ever played sports, most champion teams expect to never lose.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Giordano's latest goal, second point of the game, brings the Flames back to five point-per-game players:

Gaudreau - 78 points in 59 games
Monahan - 66 points in 59 games
Lindholm - 66 points in 59 games
Tkachuk - 59 points in 59 games
Giordano - 57 points in 57 games

Great to see but we are still waiting for reports form Rock and Scissors.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad