The Flames have 5 point-per-game players

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Flames have been fantastic.

Honestly, the problem I can see them facing is the Jets, but theyve man-handled them so far during the season. Playoffs are obviously different, but if they can keep this torrid pace going (which is bound to slow down, they are on a hot streak), then they've got a chance to really win it all.

Reactions: Dan403

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wont last for long. Still early in the season and the only one I see going 80+ points is Johnny.

Our depth is what should be talked about:

Send Dube down (wasn’t bad), Mangiapane called up and playing fine, Czarnik scratched for a lot of games (for depth and not because he sucks). No Frolik either.

On defense, Valimaki just recently injured, Kylington playing fantastic. No Stone, he’s out with an injury too.

Goaltending, Smith sucks *** at first, Rittich picks up the slack. Now, Smith fought for his job back.

Happy for those top 5 players, but it’s our depth that amazes me.

Reactions: Sk8M8 and TychoFan

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Glen Gulutzan was a horrible head coach

Might be a solid assistant though

Yeah he had us playing like a Hitchcock team (ironic), although I think it could absolutely work for the Oilers when you look at their roster. But our team is mediocre defensively. We have all these offensively oriented defenseman. Plus, Gaudreau and Monahan, a great offensive pair, but not exactly exactly shutdown players.

Bill Belichek always said, “don’t get guys to do things they aren’t good at”. Gulutzan wanted us to play his system rather than tailor his system to his players.

The biggest change is TJ Brodie, just let that guy go out and do his thing. He’s better than any system than Gulutzan could draw up. Peters recognizing that and TJ is leading the league in plus minus.

I do think Gulutzan helped our defensive zone coverage which was a mess under Hartley, but his system was just highly flawed and incredibly boring.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Offense has sky rocketed this season no? Maybe shrinking the chest protector actually accomplished something, but it means RFA/UFA will get paid. Good on Calgary. Loved the offseason moves they made.

Naw. The only major upcoming singing is Tkachuk. The Flames made the smart move of locking up Hanifin and Lindholm just after acquiring them.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah he had us playing like a Hitchcock team (ironic), although I think it could absolutely work for the Oilers when you look at their roster. But our team is mediocre defensively. We have all these offensively oriented defenseman. Plus, Gaudreau and Monahan, a great offensive pair, but not exactly exactly shutdown players.

Bill Belichek always said, “don’t get guys to do things they aren’t good at”. Gulutzan wanted us to play his system rather than tailor his system to his players.

The biggest change is TJ Brodie, just let that guy go out and do his thing. He’s better than any system than Gulutzan could draw up. Peters recognizing that and TJ is leading the league in plus minus.

I do think Gulutzan helped our defensive zone coverage which was a mess under Hartley, but his system was just highly flawed and incredibly boring.

The Flames are great defensively. The Flames are 3rd in least shots against per game. Gulutzan was just incapable of recognizing players strengths and when to switch things up.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If a guy like Byfuglien hacks Johnny's wrists as hard as he can is going to be the problem.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Flames are great defensively. The Flames are 3rd in least shots against per game. Gulutzan was just incapable of recognizing players strengths and when to switch things up.

I think we are good at limiting chances because we have the puck all game. But I still think when the other team gets the puck we still aren’t elite in our own zone.

Under Peters we are more aggressive and because of the skill on our team we don’t give the other team the puck. Gulutzan was much more about 3 men attacking and having two men back at all times. Where Peters is all about the 4th man joining the rush.

The fourth man give us easier entry and makes us more dangerous off the rush, and once we get set up in the offensive zone, lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->