THE Fire Torts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The last chance to make anything happen is to send Torts to his retirement. He has failed. Its that or the season is over.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I'm curious as to what the general consensus is here with how jarmo handled the deadline with only leaving the team with 2 draft picks in order to make the playoffs, i honestly was a bit stunned when i heard the front office had chosen to go with this plan.

And its not because of the recent struggles i just never thought i would see a team leave themselves with only 2 picks in an upcoming draft.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
When I wake up tomorrow the main headline on nhl.com will be about Torts.

And if not then please god dont let me wake up at all. May my parents and my gf forgive me.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I think many on here are getting on board with firing Tortorella, which is one thing... But, the most important question-

What does everybody think management will do? Anybody think management is willing to fire Tortorella after this loss? Another couple of losses this week? Wait until the off-season to decide?

I just don't feel like management will fire him just yet, but I think it'll get awful hot, especially if they lose to New Jersey

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I think many on here are getting on board with firing Tortorella, which is one thing... But, the most important question-

What does everybody think management will do? Anybody think management is willing to fire Tortorella after this loss? Another couple of losses this week? Wait until the off-season to decide?

I just don't feel like management will fire him just yet, but I think it'll get awful hot, especially if they lose to New Jersey

No, they won't, he is their guy come hell or high water. I think they're all going down on the same ship.

Reactions: CPTN71

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'm curious as to what the general consensus is here with how jarmo handled the deadline with only leaving the team with 2 draft picks in order to make the playoffs, i honestly was a bit stunned when i heard the front office had chosen to go with this plan.

And its not because of the recent struggles i just never thought i would see a team leave themselves with only 2 picks in an upcoming draft.
It's fine. We are young and we kept all of our top prospects. The moves Jarmo made should have made the team immediately better. Yet here we are. And since you asked this question in the fire torts thread, you can figure out where most of the blame lies according to some CBJ fans.

Really where else could the blame land? Fortunately there is plenty to go around.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

Off-season if they do at all.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

If you don't fire him soon, there's no point. It will be too late

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I’d rather see Jarmo and JD fired.
Are they matching up our 4th line against the other teams best , at home ? Are they the ones juggling the lines 5 times a game . Are they the ones playing guys on the top line one , game and then scratched for the next 6, when they are actually playing much better ? I could go down a huge laundry list? 2 years to address the power play ? Then we bring in an outsider that’s not a coach , to rescue the power play

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agree.

Players hate him, nobody playing with passion, sucks... we may never be good.

Except for the ones that love him. I'm not interested in the opinions of players who haven't played for him.

We really don't know what the Jackets players think about it. If I'm FO and I'm even thinking about making a move, I bring in Foligno, Jones, Cam, and Jenner, and I ask them to review the coaching situation. And there's no time for an outsider now. It's got to be Shawsy or Lars taking over if Torts is canned.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

General consensus just changed rapidly.

I liked the Duchene move, didn't care for the Dzingel one, didn't like the Kinkaid and McQuaid moves at all.

We could have stopped after Duchene, or stopped after Dzingel, and had just as good if not better team (those weren't upgrades), and kept 5+ picks. Losing the first rounder is fine if you can draft quality like Texier and Bemstrom after that, but then you go and trade the later picks too?

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
You hear the same thing over and over from analysts on deadline deals. Will they gel. Our 1st line has played well together all year, the line of Jenner, Foligno and Anderson has gelled well. Dzingel and Duchene already had chemistry playin together. So what does tortz do, goes out and jumbles it up. There was no need to try and create new chemistry, it was already there

And the oilers are a 1line team, what on earth was he thinking in putting Harrison and Jones together to take on draisaitl and Mcdavid?! That worked out well.

Ontop of all that he’s a grade A duechbag. Players have to answer questions after games, why does he get a pass for being a dick and having a 1 minutes press conference? I would have liked to of seen the league fine him for yesterday.

He’s a late 90’s early 2000 coach, who like hitch is riding the coattails of some hall of famers past success. He can’t be gone fast enough

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Time to fire off a tweet to Jarmo . Fans deserve better than this incompetence. 3-8 at home down the stretch is inexcusable. Team gets outschemed every game
Tweet sent , feel free to add your opinions , but let’s be respectful . After all , we all know the talent is there on this team , and should be much better

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You hear the same thing over and over from analysts on deadline deals. Will they gel. Our 1st line has played well together all year, the line of Jenner, Foligno and Anderson has gelled well. Dzingel and Duchene already had chemistry playin together. So what does tortz do, goes out and jumbles it up. There was no need to try and create new chemistry, it was already there

And the oilers are a 1line team, what on earth was he thinking in putting Harrison and Jones together to take on draisaitl and Mcdavid?! That worked out well.

Ontop of all that he’s a grade A duechbag. Players have to answer questions after games, why does he get a pass for being a dick and having a 1 minutes press conference? I would have liked to of seen the league fine him for yesterday.

He’s a late 90’s early 2000 coach, who like hitch is riding the coattails of some hall of famers past success. He can’t be gone fast enough

My issues with Torts are that I don't think he's doing as good a job as needed in his job as coach. His job in front of the microphone is irrelevant. He could slobber and drool after the game if the team was playing the right way, I don't care.

I do agree completely about the lines. I've mentioned that two games in a row now. We didn't have all that much chemistry to figure out with Duchene and Dzingel coming together as a pair.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He'll be the sacrificial lamb once the team implodes. Jarmo will need to save his own skin. It will be deserved, however Torts was a good thing for this team.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Torts is not going to be fired at this point in the season. Depending on how things finish up I think Jarmo & Co really need to reexamine the coaching staff going into next year, especially when B&B, and if, Duchene all walk.

Reactions: MoeBartoli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad