Pre-Game Talk: The Final Week (@VGK, vs LA x2)

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I'm still trying to correlate the 2nd dose of the vaccine time-line and the Avs play. We've had players kinda playing "off" and perhaps that's why. 2nd dose tends to be harder on most people. I know a couple people who have had very minimal impact, but at least 75% of people I know have been impacted. A co-worker who had covid months ago got vaccinated recently and he said the 2nd dose was worse than covid for him. I had a fever for 4-5 days and the aches and pains and tiredness.
Plus, that injection site gets fairly sore compared to most shots. I'm not saying that there's a correlation, but if I recall, they would have had the 2nd dose during the recent games last week. Maybe this week with Moderna. I'd have to go back and look.
I can see even the sore arm impacting their shot/passes every so slightly if you got a brief reminder of the soreness/stiffness for a split second.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’m not really concerned about winning the presidents trophy, it’s a funny year anyway. Not to discredit St. Louis, but the biggest incentive for me in in these last few games would be for us to win our division so we could watch Vegas and Minny beat up on each other up in the first round.

I like the attitude of trying to win every game, though, because it’s hard to turn the switch on and off. Hopefully San Jose beats Vegas and we can rest some players tomorrow.

Last edited:

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
My 2nd dose wrecked me. The day after felt fine waking up then got worse throughout the day had a fever of 103 then slept like 15 hours woke up the next day still felt tired but not sick anymore.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
San Jose winning against Vegas could drop from 6th to 10th in the lottery standings, whereas LA getting points would just drop from 9th to 10th. Neither team is going to be particularly motivated, but San Jose have more reason to not try against Vegas than LA have. LA's young guys like Byfield and other young players will be eager to finish the season strong too.

Pretty sure Bednar will want a response from his team after that poor showing against Vegas last game, and these two LA games provide the team with an ideal opportunity to set the tone before the playoffs.
The only thing that might force San Jose to try is they have a healthy rivalry with the Knights. The Sharks motivation might be to f*** the Knights over and they can with a win.

Reactions: Zandar

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Here's to hoping Nemeth plays like utter dog **** and forces Bednar to insert MacDonald into the lineup for the final Kings game, wherein MacDonald makes Bobby Orr look like Andy Sutton and scores 11 points.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I know you jest, but I think he needs at least 3... if not 4 to swing the odds over the last two games. If he gets 6, he's winning and convincingly.

I think he has to be at least PPG+.

So, 1 point in the final two games. That would put him firmly in the top-5, tied with Hedman and .15 PPG ahead of every other D, which is pretty significant.

If he gets to 46+ he’ll win convincingly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I haven’t hated Nemeth as much as everyone else. The first 2-3 games I did but I’m fine with him since. He hasn’t been good or anything but I don’t think he’s been as terrible as everyone else does. He’s NHL quality imo.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Very poor decision on Bednar's part. MacDonald is superior to Nemeth in every single aspect of the game.

But whatever, Sammy's back! They should beat the crap outta that Kings team, but I wouldn't put money on that.

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad