Pre-Game Talk: The Final Week (@VGK, vs LA x2)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
giphy.gif

Reactions: dahrougem2

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think we beat Vegas. I think Cale wants the Norris more than he lets on. He’s simply a much better hockey player than anyone on the teams he faces this week. I think he takes over and tries to earn the Avs the #1 seed while trying to earn himself a Norris at the same time.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
I think we beat Vegas. I think Cale wants the Norris more than he lets on. He’s simply a much better hockey player than anyone on the teams he faces this week. I think he takes over and tries to earn the Avs the #1 seed while trying to earn himself a Norris at the same time.

Yeah I think we beat Vegas as well, 6-7 points for Makar this week

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I think we beat Vegas as well, 6-7 points for Makar this week
Lol could you imagine. That would mean Makar lead the Avs to a 5-0 stretch to end the season to win the division while scoring 11 points in those 5 games to overtake the league lead in defense scoring while playing 11 less games than 2nd place lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
AJ was saying yesterday that journalists are now told by the league to submit their Norris ballot ASAP.

There's a good chance that the vast majority of the votes will be in already before the end of the season, especially now with Fox', Letang's and Hedman's seasons being over.

So it looks like no matter what Makar does in the last week, it will have little to no impact on the Norris vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: wayninja

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Makar leading all D in scoring would be cool, especially considering how many games he has missed, but it's going to be tough. Barrie ending up in the top spot isn't a consolation prize though and I think he does it.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Doubt he wins the Norris, but the thing I want to see Makar start doing going forward is to stop deferring to Mack so much. I know Mack is the top player but the team would be much more dangerous if other teams didn’t know that everyone is just going to try to feed Mack. It would create a dynamic that will be much harder to control I think.

Reactions: wayninja

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I wonder what, where, and who will pay Barrie $8-9 million a season

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Doubt he wins the Norris, but the thing I want to see Makar start doing going forward is to stop deferring to Mack so much. I know Mack is the top player but the team would be much more dangerous if other teams didn’t know that everyone is just going to try to feed Mack. It would create a dynamic that will be much harder to control I think.
Totally agree. One day Makar will realize he is on the same level as Nate and then the domination will really start. The good thing about Makar deferring all of the time is that it shows what a team player he is. There is a stark contrast between him and f*** sticks like Graves that shoots any puck that touches his stick and kills our cycles.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Totally agree. One day Makar will realize he is on the same level as Nate and then the domination will really start. The good thing about Makar deferring all of the time is that it shows what a team player he is. There is a stark contrast between him and f*** sticks like Graves that shoots any puck that touches his stick and kills our cycles.

Slightly gives me Foppa vibes with being so modest and not electing to shoot as much

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I doubt Ranta goes tomorrow night but he could see him getting into the two LA games.

Probably a good indicator they see him as a good chance at a roster spot next season

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sucks that the team won't rest at all between the end of the season and the playoffs. Some teams like the Pens are getting a whole week off.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs will play a back to back this week then either 1 or 2 days off and then game 1.

If it's 1 day off after a back to back it's f***ing brutal. Might as well rest the players and forget about the 1st place in the division.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
VGK is like a playoff game. Lose it and no division or presidents trophy. So they should push all their chips in on that game. If they lose, rest basically everyone during the LA games
Why? Those remaining 2 games versus LA could leapfrog the Avs over Car, Fla and Pitt, all teams we could potentially meet in the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad