Pre-Game Talk: The Final Week (@VGK, vs LA x2)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
With a 3 point system (3-2-1-0) Avs already would have clinched the division (and Presidents trophy):

Colorado:
33 RW - 4 OTW - 4 OTL - 13 L
99 + 8 + 4 + 0 = 111 points (54 games)

Vegas:
29 RW - 9 OTW - 2 OTL - 14 L
87 + 18 + 2 + 0 = 107 points (55 games)

Minnesota:
27 RW - 7 OTW - 5 OTL - 14L
81 + 14 + 5 + 0 = 100 points (54 games)

St. Louis:
17 RW - 6 OTW - 9 OTL - 20 L
51 + 12 + 9 + 0 = 72 points (54 games)

Arizona
19 RW + 2 OTW + 6 OTL + 26 L
57 + 4 + 6 + 0 = 67 points (56 games)

View attachment 433099
But we can't really assume these records under a 3-pt system because teams would play differently in the latter part of the 3rd period to try to get the extra point instead of playing safe to assure at least one point in the current system.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Great, Makar back with Graves and having to cover for his dumb ass than being able to play his game. Would much rather have G with Graves.
- Cale Makar plays his best hockey with Ryan Graves.
- Ryan Graves plays his best hockey with Cale Makar.

The sooner fans realize this the sooner they can move on with their frustrations. I get it. It is irritating that like once a game Makar has to hang back while Graves roams but that’s legit it. Like once a game. Aside from that Cale controls the play, Graves stays home and eats pucks and they both play at their best.

Whether we have Byram, EJ, MacDonald etc tonight’s top 4 is our top 4. No questions asked it’ll be Makar-Graves and Girard-Toews and it’s for the better.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site

The sooner fans realize this the sooner they can move on with their frustrations. I get it. It is irritating that like once a game Makar has to hang back while Graves roams but that’s legit it. Like once a game. Aside from that Cale controls the play, Graves stays home and eats pucks and they both play at their best.

Whether we have Byram, EJ, MacDonald etc tonight’s top 4 is our top 4. No questions asked it’ll be Makar-Graves and Girard-Toews and it’s for the better.

Exactly, not to say, Graves had a very good game against Vegas

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Agreed. I don't know why people think Makar can't activate with Graves on his pairing, he most certainly can and does. And I'll just keep saying it--Graves is at his best when he goes all-out. The minute he tries to play conservatively in any aspect, his game falls completely apart. He's better able to do so with a guy of Cale's talents who can cover for his occasional ill-times forays.

Graves is not a boat anchor on Makar. IMO Nemeth is way more of one than Graves.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The downside of this is that Timmins has to pair up with goddamned Nemo, and I don't see that going well. Would've much rather seen MacDonald and Timmins together and I guarantee that pairing would have worked. Of all the times for Bednar to take the more conservative approach...very disappointing.

Reactions: MarkT

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Pretty much expected Mack to be out these 2 games. Pretty sure they just brought him in for the Vegas game to try to win it (still may as well have sat him out anyway since the top line did nothing).

The lines I’d like to see tonight:

Lando-Newhook-Rants
Nuke-Kadri-Bura
Compher-Jost-Dong
Soda?-PEB-Sherwood

Assuming Soda isn’t out since he sat last game due to his back.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

The sooner you realize that Jacob mother ****ing MacDonald not being in your top-4 is cause for banishment the sooner you'll realize apologies to everyone are in order.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Great, Makar back with Graves and having to cover for his dumb ass than being able to play his game. Would much rather have G with Graves.

I flip-flop on what I prefer with those pairings.

Even though Toews/Makar flashed brilliance recently, I still think G/Toews has better chemistry.

Graves generally plays better with Makar, which is why Bednar will probably put them together the rest of the way.

Byram/Makar might be the move full-time next season.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I agree here, that third pairing is slow as shit. Would prefer Macdonald in there, too.

This is Quenneville opting to put Karlis Skrastins back in the lineup in the final game of the season despite the fact the defense (and team overall) played much better without him alllll over again.

At least this time even if it blows up in Bednar's face, it won't cost him the playoffs like it did Quenneville.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
This is Quenneville opting to put Karlis Skrastins back in the lineup in the final game of the season despite the fact the defense (and team overall) played much better without him alllll over again.

At least this time even if it blows up in Bednar's face, it won't cost him the playoffs like it did Quenneville.

Was this the game against Nashville? Brutal way to end the miracle run

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

God, I hope it doesn’t turn out that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad