Pre-Game Talk: The Final Week (@VGK, vs LA x2)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What’s your beef with Sherwood? I think he’s been awesome. Unless LOC/Calvert are available I don’t see a better fourth line option.

I didn't mind him in his previous callup(s), he forechecked relatively well, got shots on net, and did fine with the minutes he was given. Can't ask for much more than that from a career grinder.

This last stint though, he's just been a floater. Cruising around, not even bothering to really battle for pucks or get in position to take shots, what few passes he gets he's whiffing on them in comical fashion, and while he was never good defensively, he was absolutely abominable in his last game. Turnovers galore and he flat-out let the Kings score behind him because he was just standing there puck-watching.

Yes, there's a better fourth line option. I'm no Jayson Megna fan but he provided better defense and more effort overall than Sherwood has in the previous two or so games. But even then that wouldn't be my choice. If Sampo Ranta is on the taxi squad, I don't see what's preventing him from being tried out. That fourth line is in desperate need of some energy, and I think Ranta would be just the guy to provide it. Sherwood SHOULD be exactly the guy who does just that...but inexplicably, he hasn't been.

Normally I like him and he's done really well for the Eagles. I don't know who the guy wearing the #44 jersey recently is but he's looking like a smaller Mikhail Grigorenko (without the talent or hockey sense) the last few games.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't mind him in his previous callup(s), he forechecked relatively well, got shots on net, and did fine with the minutes he was given. Can't ask for much more than that from a career grinder.

This last stint though, he's just been a floater. Cruising around, not even bothering to really battle for pucks or get in position to take shots, what few passes he gets he's whiffing on them in comical fashion, and while he was never good defensively, he was absolutely abominable in his last game. Turnovers galore and he flat-out let the Kings score behind him because he was just standing there puck-watching.

Yes, there's a better fourth line option. I'm no Jayson Megna fan but he provided better defense and more effort overall than Sherwood has in the previous two or so games. But even then that wouldn't be my choice. If Sampo Ranta is on the taxi squad, I don't see what's preventing him from being tried out. That fourth line is in desperate need of some energy, and I think Ranta would be just the guy to provide it. Sherwood SHOULD be exactly the guy who does just that...but inexplicably, he hasn't been.

Normally I like him and he's done really well for the Eagles. I don't know who the guy wearing the #44 jersey recently is but he's looking like a smaller Mikhail Grigorenko (without the talent or hockey sense) the last few games.
While I agree his last game was one of his worst, he still laid 6 hits in 7 minutes of ice time lol. I don’t know how you can watch that guy play hockey and see a lack of energy or compare him to Mikhail Grigorenko of all people.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
While I agree his last game was one of his worst, he still laid 6 hits in 7 minutes of ice time lol. I don’t know how you can watch that guy play hockey and see a lack of energy or compare him to Mikhail Grigorenko of all people.

I found it surprising, I don't know if the coaches are telling him to take it easy and not take any penalties or what, he just looked really hesitant. A guy like that should be going all-out, and that's more or less what he did previously. But I saw what I saw, doesn't mean I was right or wrong, just my take on his play. I get that I'm laying it on a bit thick, he's a 12th forward after all, but I just really disliked his play the last couple games. Hopefully we see better now that he's had a little time in the press box.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Sherwood’s fine. LOC is missed badly on the 4th line and on the penalty kill.

His speed is not something that can be replicated in the bottom half of the lineup.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
avgard here let me how put up some words at this state of team somewhat and coming playoff gaming..

i almost only watch when colorado a playing first line playing under microscope when my eyes for screen but not so much of late seeing team a playing. getted bored to it , not as like 2 years ago when rants flying and then suddenly like a stopped at putting up many and at growing MONSTER mode wenting forward. today it all different as i see.

teams games allways same it seem. 0 goals at first period then more seriously effort to 2nd periods and further. anyways....looking at first line playing as of this season and last and part of the one before? i have to be very dissapointment in this. i see there could at least and very nesessary be in trading landeskog away. he taking and letted to take way too much of herodess there at first line. he holding puck way too long all time and play dying at his stick or foolishness all night long. he likes to hold puck and i dont understand coach still letting him doing this thing. if there was stronger bigger wiser playyer at this part there could be much more offense and 1st line holding pucks with pressure at offens zouns. today it is all too way too stressing with 1st line. too much speed all the time and fast and hesitating decisions all the time. shooting too much instead of holding puck and passing. mackinnon playing way too selfish and skating too fast all the time. he only can this playing? i sense something about him also that is not very wise and good for team. he trying deadly makin more points than rantanen? not passing him when he should? i see last game very typical frustrations in first line game...all as said above and then like dot over i when they rarely comming like 2-1 situation mackkinnon with puck and rantanen.....then mckinnon shooting at impossible sideangle when rantanen total free to pass beside and like easy goal to had become. but no. mckinnon not passing...he not wanting rantanen to climb at scoreboardsleague=? i see alot of this stuff going on from kcminnon when coming to this situations. is he healthy? wonder what rantanen thinking of this?........also i see makar way too much trying to make points instead of playing for team......there is some negative drama around this team/first line........................i can easily make a picture something like this decriptions above fallen this team this year from throughgoing at playoff this year also. i think stupidness and selfishness breaking this team down yet one more time. i remember last years epic stupidness fallen this team out. bad teamplaying by mckinnon and burakovsky shooting position at all PPs and rantanen uninployid in front of goal. he no infront of goal guy. mckinnon way too overrated. coach should take him at hair and have him go through new schoolings.. thanks.

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs PK are 80% Nemeth, Graves and Toews. Timmins doesn't play PK and ideally Makar and Girard doesn't either.

I don't see MacDonald playing over Nemeth.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hello and welcome Sir Professor

avgard here let me how put up some words at this state of team somewhat and coming playoff gaming..

i almost only watch when colorado a playing first line playing under microscope when my eyes for screen but not so much of late seeing team a playing. getted bored to it , not as like 2 years ago when rants flying and then suddenly like a stopped at putting up many and at growing MONSTER mode wenting forward. today it all different as i see.

teams games allways same it seem. 0 goals at first period then more seriously effort to 2nd periods and further. anyways....looking at first line playing as of this season and last and part of the one before? i have to be very dissapointment in this. i see there could at least and very nesessary be in trading landeskog away. he taking and letted to take way too much of herodess there at first line. he holding puck way too long all time and play dying at his stick or foolishness all night long. he likes to hold puck and i dont understand coach still letting him doing this thing. if there was stronger bigger wiser playyer at this part there could be much more offense and 1st line holding pucks with pressure at offens zouns. today it is all too way too stressing with 1st line. too much speed all the time and fast and hesitating decisions all the time. shooting too much instead of holding puck and passing. mackinnon playing way too selfish and skating too fast all the time. he only can this playing? i sense something about him also that is not very wise and good for team. he trying deadly makin more points than rantanen? not passing him when he should? i see last game very typical frustrations in first line game...all as said above and then like dot over i when they rarely comming like 2-1 situation mackkinnon with puck and rantanen.....then mckinnon shooting at impossible sideangle when rantanen total free to pass beside and like easy goal to had become. but no. mckinnon not passing...he not wanting rantanen to climb at scoreboardsleague=? i see alot of this stuff going on from kcminnon when coming to this situations. is he healthy? wonder what rantanen thinking of this?........also i see makar way too much trying to make points instead of playing for team......there is some negative drama around this team/first line........................i can easily make a picture something like this decriptions above fallen this team this year from throughgoing at playoff this year also. i think stupidness and selfishness breaking this team down yet one more time. i remember last years epic stupidness fallen this team out. bad teamplaying by mckinnon and burakovsky shooting position at all PPs and rantanen uninployid in front of goal. he no infront of goal guy. mckinnon way too overrated. coach should take him at hair and have him go through new schoolings.. thanks.

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
For you lot who's gone to the games, how did you buy tickets?
Witch doctor, under a bridge. Killed a chicken and pulled two tickets out of its neck.

In all seriousness, it looks like it's next to impossible unless you're a STH or have a boatload of cash for the secondary market. I called my rep, because I used to have a 10 game plan, and he basically told me there was no chance. That was before the capacity increase was announced, but still, I tried to splurge for a round one strip and he wouldn't even take a deposit.

Reactions: S E P H

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
What’s your beef with Sherwood? I think he’s been awesome. Unless LOC/Calvert are available I don’t see a better fourth line option.

His name is Megna. Jayson Megna.

Seriously, of the two, Megna has been the far superior player in my opinion. He can play center or wing, and I even spotted him out there on the PK. Sherwood has been largely disappointing and not any better than Liam O'Brien. Hopefully, we don't have to worry about any of these guys in the lineup in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad