The Erik "Gudzilla" Gudbranson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Meek%20Mill%20-%20All%20The%20Way%20Up.gif

I said he was going to be solid before his 1st game and he hasn't let me down yet.

Nahh, that's Hennessy with red food coloring

Reactions: SouthGeorge

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yeah, it’s funny how people say the Cole and Bonino moves were great and smart because we couldn’t tie up cash in replaceable depth players and we now have 11.25 million tied up in Bjugstad, Gudbranson and Johnson.

Yeah its like when right after the cap was put in place and we had cleared a ton of space and everyone thought we could assemble one heck of a team, then we overpaid abunch of old vets and sucked... sometimes the right setup ends up being screwed up by the actual moves made .....

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I live in Finland, we rarely burn our cities down here.

McCann is a nice catch for you guys. Hope he does well for you!

Pouliot is just downright awful.

I don't expect much from Tanner but it is easier to hide a 4 mil contract on a bad winger than it is on a horrible D man so, I'll take him.
Well...not your own...
(probably funnier if it was Sweden...but there ya go)

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I live in Finland, we rarely burn our cities down here.

McCann is a nice catch for you guys. Hope he does well for you!

Pouliot is just downright awful.

I don't expect much from Tanner but it is easier to hide a 4 mil contract on a bad winger than it is on a horrible D man so, I'll take him.

It's a shame then that he hasn't been terrible.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No. He’s actually been pretty solid in terms of his skating.

I think out of player’s we have had in recent years his skill set seems most like Trevor Daley’s.
You're saying Pettersson is like Dales? Lol no.
tenor.gif

I think you misremembered how Dales plays.

Reactions: KIRK

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think Gudbranson has a similar skill set to Daley.

No one is denying Guds is a good skater, I think the scouting report is he's pretty fast for his size right?

The mystery is for as good a skater as he is why was he so bad for such good skating? Is it low hockey iq or is it just clumsiness? The goal he scored for Florida was pretty clumsy and unlucky

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
No one is denying Guds is a good skater, I think the scouting report is he's pretty fast for his size right?

The mystery is for as good a skater as he is why was he so bad for such good skating? Is it low hockey iq or is it just clumsiness? The goal he scored for Florida was pretty clumsy and unlucky

The goal he scored in Florida has happened to the best of them. Passing any judgement on that is ridiculous. Also when we made the trade everyone was saying are we trying to be the slowest defense in the league so obviously they didn’t watch Gudbranson because he is not a bad skater at all. Typical HF posters. Act like experts and don’t know much about hockey.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Gudbranson can’t skate or carry and handle the puck like Daley. Daley could take the puck from behind our net right into the other teams zone and establish possession, Gud can’t do that.

I remember the analytics when Letang was suspended one game showing how Letang had some of the best stats in hockey defensively that year. And Daley was only a shade behind him.

Reactions: Nakawick

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Gudbranson is Tough Overpriced Worse Lovejoy. There’s no Daley on this team which is why it kinda sucks a lot.

Reactions: Peat

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The goal he scored in Florida has happened to the best of them. Passing any judgement on that is ridiculous. Also when we made the trade everyone was saying are we trying to be the slowest defense in the league so obviously they didn’t watch Gudbranson because he is not a bad skater at all. Typical HF posters. Act like experts and don’t know much about hockey.

Easy there. I have been one of many here saying he's been solid overall. 3 games is still too early to say but we're all rooting for it to work out.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I remember the analytics when Letang was suspended one game showing how Letang had some of the best stats in hockey defensively that year. And Daley was only a shade behind him.

I’m not sure you’re remembering that correctly, I have a hard time believing Daley had positive defensive analytics. Maybe though.. all I remember is that his shot suppression was always butt but it was canceled out by how much offense he pushed. Kinda like Phil.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Easy there. I have been one of many here saying he's been solid overall. 3 games is still too early to say but we're all rooting for it to work out.

McCurdy made the point when Letang was suspended a game after Orpik got two games in the Washington series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad