The Erik "Gudzilla" Gudbranson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah you just compared two player's skillsets that are extremely different. Daley and Gudbranson are nothing alike. Doesn't mean Gudbranson can't be valuable here, I just have no idea why you compared them. What are we missing?

Gudbranson and Daley remind me of each other in the fact they both seem fine moving the puck up the ice and holding the blue line, but as soon as they are held in their d-zone they are a complete mess.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The legend of Trevor Daley I see has rivaled Ian Cole.

Daley and Cole are good cautionary tales about writing defensemen off before a certain amount of time in the system. People hated the Daley move when it happened. CW here was that Daley was the lesser of two evils, but not by much.

I don't remember the Cole move being necessarily hated here, but people were frustrated that we traded Bortuzzo for a player of "similar skill set" (to paraphrase) and who had a higher cost. People didn't realize that Cole had some skating wheels or some untapped offensive instincts, they just hated we got rid of a cheap player in Bortuzzo for another physical guy at a higher cap hit.

And of course, a couple of Cups later, and everyone forgets that there was any doubt. :laugh:

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Gudbranson and Daley remind me of each other in the fact they both seem fine moving the puck up the ice and holding the blue line, but as soon as they are held in their d-zone they are a complete mess.

You also get a complete mess if you try eating soup and ice cream with your hands, but that doesn't make them the same food ;)

Daley and Cole are good cautionary tales about writing defensemen off before a certain amount of time in the system. People hated the Daley move when it happened. CW here was that Daley was the lesser of two evils, but not by much.

I don't remember the Cole move being necessarily hated here, but people were frustrated that we traded Bortuzzo for a player of "similar skill set" (to paraphrase) and who had a higher cost. People didn't realize that Cole had some skating wheels or some untapped offensive instincts, they just hated we got rid of a cheap player in Bortuzzo for another physical guy at a higher cap hit.

And of course, a couple of Cups later, and everyone forgets that there was any doubt. :laugh:

I was shocked at how many posts there was in the Schultz trade thread wishing Cole was part of the trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Good lord, you were serious. :laugh:

You're comparing Gunbranson's ability to skate up ice with the puck to Daley?

tenor.gif

cc: @Mr Jiggyfly

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I know.

It was a joke about how the Canucks faithful love to pump the tires of **** players, like Pouliot and Sutter. They were also tripping over themselves to anoint Boeser as the heir apparent to Ovechkin for goal scoring.

They's jokes bro.
Maybe you should head over to that board and actually read what they say about Pouliot and Sutter because you obviously didn't. Pouliot's the most hated player there but hey, he came from the royal Penguins so we must be tripping over ourselves about him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Do you think their ability to move the puck up the ice is on the same tier?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Gudzilla "emotional ate" all of timbermans trees just before he left for Pittsburgh. Timberman is just finding out about this now and is mad. Gudzilla says oops, I am self indulge.

Reactions: UnrealMachine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad