The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
York City were promoted back to the Football League. A happy conclusion to the Conference play-offs in my book, because I might be able to twist Mr. Exile into going to see them play terribly again next year.

Hopefully, Sheffield United can punish Huddersfield for their treachery towards Lee Clark in the League One play-off final this weekend.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Bootham Crescent it shall remain in my mind.

Quite pleased in a way with the result being a Watford fan although Luton were dealt with very harshly by the Football League.

Crewe take on Cheltenham Town in the League Two playoff and look set to lose another of their academy products Nick Powell to Manchester United.

In more disturbing news Luke McCormick who murdered two young boys through his own actions as a drunk driver is training with Swindon Town. :shakehead

I think the moral state of football is so low that if a footballer who murdered was a very good player and had served the terms of what are generally pathetically lenient sentences, they would sign him up.

Rizer

Apr 30, 2010
blowmeuptom.com
After Alan the Nottingham Forest fan pointed out that there was no thread for the Championship, ta-da!

Indeed, this thread also encompasses what used to be Divisions Three and Four but have since been "rebranded" by besuited, management-speak spewing pillocks who believe that a new name can suddenly make punters believe that Hereford versus Rochdale is the last word in glamour.

Non-league football belongs here too; there may be reason to remember this.

I've always liked Yeovil Town FC. They are a very small, home grown team and I first learned of them years ago and followed them ever since. Not as a hardcore supporter or anything, but I always loved their crest, their motto (Achieve Through Unity) and the little town they are from is really nice. I've spent a good deal of time just going through it on Google Maps.

The fact that they are so low budget and only have about 13 active players really makes me root for them in many ways.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Crewe got promoted.

I automatically assume that this is a good thing, because of their tradition for playing constructive football. I don't know whether that still applies, although Takharov's post hints that they remain decent at developing young players.

At the very least, they went up at the expense of a southern team.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
we're ****ing rich!

now I look forward to seeing how it's wasted and how quickly everyone decides to hate the new owners

Taking their time wasting the money though! Or the plan is to play Lascelles as the lone defender in a revolutionary 1-4-5 formation.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Championship starts tonight

Cardiff v Huddersfield hopefully The Terriers win since Bellamy plays for Cardiff now and I really do hate him :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad